Site Sponsors
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 2463

Thread: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

  1. #1101
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Wonderful captures guys... please keep them coming. Missing my S2 and hoping Leica service will give me a quick turnaround.

  2. #1102
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Georg, great set of images,
    and very "refreshing" to see this mix from somewhat cloudy/overcast sky with Etna to the colorful flowers, from the "calm and quiet" images of the house to the street shots.
    Isnt the S2 really a joy to use?
    I now use it so often for things where one would say its overkill. And the scary thing is with the Af and the good viewfinder I can nail focus very good, better than with my K5 for example (even if the S2 AF is slower of course).
    Great captures!
    Tom

  3. #1103
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Zoom and fast and compact....I would think its either or ....
    My wish would be mainly a T/S wideangle lens.

  4. #1104
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Thanks Tom and Bob. I appreciate your comments.

    Here is one from a walk last Sunday. The calf must have been born just a few minutes before we arrived. S2 and 180.


  5. #1105
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots


  6. #1106
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    I must calibrate my monitor. That grass is very .... green.

    One thing I've noticed in all the animal shots in this thread. Their fur looks so soft and inviting. I don't know what the quality is, but most pictures here have an almost tactile sense. Maybe palpable is a better word. The animal/chair/wooden duck/mountain feels like it is there. Not just 3D, but physically. Does anyone else feel that way about S2 shots? Is it the skill of the photographers? A Leica reality distortion field? Perfectly balanced optics/electronics/software? Amazing, whatever it is.

    Best,

    Matt

  7. #1107
    HCHeyerdahl
    Guest

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    [QUOTE=MGrayson;313408
    One thing I've noticed in all the animal shots in this thread. Their fur looks so soft and inviting. I don't know what the quality is, but most pictures here have an almost tactile sense...
    Best,

    Matt[/QUOTE]

    I have noticed the same thing. Although this to my experience depends quite a bit on sharpening, the shots in this thread have a certain "real" quality.

    Here is a link to an otherwise great shot of a polar fox, but which to my eye looks completly "dead" - more like a stuffed animal in a museum monter. I think this may be partly due to oversharpening the fur, but not sure.
    http://www.foto.no/cgi-bin/bilder/vi...&brukerid=1247

    Chris

  8. #1108
    HCHeyerdahl
    Guest

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    since this turns into a Tulips thread ...
    the S2 really shows the colors I see...the full resolution shots show a lot of detail - more than I would see in reality with just my eyes.





    Nice pictures!

    I see you used ISO 640 for these images. I can not see any noise in the screen images. Did the images need much noise reduction in post, or are the original files as clean as this?

    Chris

  9. #1109
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by HCHeyerdahl View Post
    Nice pictures!

    I see you used ISO 640 for these images. I can not see any noise in the screen images. Did the images need much noise reduction in post, or are the original files as clean as this?

    Chris
    Chris,
    I dont remember the exact settings, but didnt increase the NR in LR from standard.
    I find noise not to be a problem up to ISO640.
    ISO 1250 I find pretty unusable though and try to avoid.

  10. #1110
    HCHeyerdahl
    Guest

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    Chris,
    I dont remember the exact settings, but didnt increase the NR in LR from standard.
    I find noise not to be a problem up to ISO640.
    ISO 1250 I find pretty unusable though and try to avoid.
    Thanks!

    If you are using standard settings, I assume that means the sliders are at zero and that only the noise reduction inherent in the raw conversion is applied. That is better than I expected at ISO 640.

    Do I understand you correctly, that at ISO 1250 the noise in the image dominates detail to the extent that the noise reduction controlls in Lightroom can not really give a good result?

    Chris
    Last edited by HCHeyerdahl; 7th May 2011 at 20:56. Reason: Spelling

  11. #1111
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    This is from a previous walk....

    S2-P 70S


    Fence Post





    Bob

  12. #1112
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Beautiful colors, George. Nice set.

    Lovely colors as well, Tom.

    Bob, I like your understated style that is evident in all of the images that you've been posting.

  13. #1113
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    We've had a cold, wet Spring this year ... but there is sense of season transition in the air.












  14. #1114
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Nice shots Kurt. I like the selective focus. It seems that you are still yearning for the Nocti look

    I feel pity for you regarding the cold weather (if these shots are recent). Here we had an exceptionally warm and sunny April.

    Georg

  15. #1115
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    We've had a cold, wet Spring this year ... but there is sense of season transition in the air.
    Wonderful pictures with great pallette of colors...looks more autumn than spring.

    I especially like #4 .... would wonder about going back with a canoe or dingy or hip waders if it is not too deep to eliminate the elements in the foreground as it is such a nice tree. However, it does evoke nearly an impressionist feeling with them there.

    Looks like a lovely day out!

    It is pushing 90 here so I would trade you in a moment for a few more weeks of cool weather before the summer arrives.

    Bob

  16. #1116
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    FYI i just put in a request to get the S2 again for a updated review. I asked for all lenses as well. Lets see what happens
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  17. #1117
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    FYI i just put in a request to get the S2 again for a updated review. I asked for all lenses as well. Lets see what happens
    Look forward to any updates.

    Bob

  18. #1118
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Leica S2-P 70S


    Mandarin Amber and Wren




    Bob

  19. #1119
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Bob, I like your understated style that is evident in all of the images that you've been posting.
    Well said Kurt... I've been thinking the same thing. I think it takes a lot of talent to capture everyday ordinary things and make them look special. With inherently beautiful things (landscapes, sunrises/sunsets and models come to mind) I think it's easier to get a "wow" image.

    My kit is on it's way back from repair in Solms. A fair amount of time lost in shipping but once the gear got logged in the repairs were done in a matter of days. All in all... no complaints with Leica service.

  20. #1120
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Kurt and David,

    Thank you both for your kind comments.

    David I did not catch the upgrade to the top LCD...did it stop working?

    Although I have a couple of other cameras around here I would miss the S2 severely if it were to spend much time in Solms.

    Bob

  21. #1121
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post

    David I did not catch the upgrade to the top LCD...did it stop working?

    Although I have a couple of other cameras around here I would miss the S2 severely if it were to spend much time in Solms.

    Bob
    I bought my S2 lightly used... but it was one of the earlier models released. It's not so much that the top LCD stopped working as that it was unreadable in sunlight... and I don't mean bright sunlight...if you were out of doors you couldn't see it. The new version is much more legible and is functional outside. I'm not entirely sure I would have sent it in for replacement but for the fact that the 120 macro needed to be sent in anyway.

  22. #1122
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Interesting...

    My LCD is unreadable at 800AM in indirect light outside....

    Guess I will wait until a major issue arrives and have it addressed at that point.

    I will be interested in how you rate the new one when it arrives.

    Thanks,

    Bob

  23. #1123
    Member zoomstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    | Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|

  24. #1124
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    David,

    I love the pictures from the Grand Mosque and all of the portraits at the beach on you flickr site...I also think the view of the Dubai Marina from Palm Island is one of the best in the series. I like how you maintained the highlights in the portraits in spite of what must have been severe light.

    Bob

  25. #1125
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Very nice shots David...

  26. #1126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    David, that portrait is incredible.

  27. #1127
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by gero View Post
    David, that portrait is incredible.
    Now see it on my home screen and completely agree.

  28. #1128
    Member zoomstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    You are all to nice. I am telling you this camera is simply the best camera I have ever used.

    Leica kept it simple, clean and useable from a photographers point of view. I loved my Nikon D3x and D3 but the Leica is simply amazing.

    Simple menu configuration is what makes the camera so special for me. On my Nikon gear it would take my minutes to adjust something because of the menu system etc ( I know, I am a man, should have read the directions).

    This camera is just simple and ez to use, I did not read any of the directions.

    BTW the Leica glass is not bad either.
    | Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|

  29. #1129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    It has been a while since I posted so wanted to share one from this Spring in Kyoto (ISO 640) with the 70 mm

    Thank you,
    Arif
    www.arifiqball.com
    http://blog.arifiqball.com

  30. #1130
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Arif View Post
    It has been a while since I posted so wanted to share one from this Spring in Kyoto (ISO 640) with the 70 mm

    Thank you,
    Arif
    www.arifiqball.com
    http://blog.arifiqball.com
    Nice. Love your images from Japan.

    Looks like the brights/whites need a bit of taming in post on this one.

    Also, if you didn't know, you can post images at 1200 pixel on the long side which shows off the medium format detail a little better.

    All the best,

    -Marc

  31. #1131
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Reunited with my S2 and 120mm macro after their trip to Solms. Leica NJ really went all out to get my kit back to me promptly... even had it delivered overnight on a Saturday. No shipping or insurance charges whatsoever. The lens appears to be working properly and the top OLED is night and day better than the old one. A major improvement and something I'd recommend doing if you can bear parting with your camera for a while.

  32. #1132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    That is great news David. I had Leica Solms check my top OLED and I can't tell really any difference although there could be a minor difference. Granted, mine was pretty good to begin with and it was considerably brighter yours before you sent it in for repair. I am glad to hear yours has been corrected.

  33. #1133
    HCHeyerdahl
    Guest

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomstop View Post
    You are all to nice. I am telling you this camera is simply the best camera I have ever used.

    Leica kept it simple, clean and useable from a photographers point of view. I loved my Nikon D3x and D3 but the Leica is simply amazing.

    BTW the Leica glass is not bad either.
    David, very nice shots

    I am currently using Nikons myself and considering a switch to the S2.

    Two things keep me holding back and that is the ability to shoot hand held and high ISO (and current lack of zoom lens). I would really appreciate if you could share some thoughts from your experience.

    Ah, and the lenses - Are you able to describe the difference?

    Chris
    Last edited by HCHeyerdahl; 14th May 2011 at 21:45. Reason: Spelling

  34. #1134
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Chris, I shoot the Nikon D3S in addition to the S2 and I know several of the other S2 owners are Nikon shooters as well... I hope they will chime in with their experiences. To address your first issue... the S2 is well suited for hand held shooting in large part due to the ergos of the camera. If you are accustomed to shooting hand held with a pro Nikon body you will have no problem doing the same with the S2. Second question depends on what you mean by high ISO. The Nikon D3S is, IMHO, king of the hill for high ISO shooting and the S2 is not even in the same ballpark. If you've got decent light, ISO 640 will give good results... but if you're looking for ISO 6400, stick with Nikon I think the best Nikon glass is excellent, especially the zooms. But the Leica glass is simply superb. The images from the S2 are a quantum leap better than anything I get from my D3S and I personally know at least one D3X (and S2) shooter who would say the same. Take one for a test drive and I think you will see the difference immediately...

    One caveat worth mentioning. If you're planning on getting several of the Leica lenses you may need to wait a while. They have been increasingly difficult (if not impossible) to get quickly.

  35. #1135
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    big eyes...



  36. #1136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Big and bright. Nice capture and use of shallow dof.

  37. #1137
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    Big and bright. Nice capture and use of shallow dof.
    +1...and a beautiful baby.

  38. #1138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Reunited with my S2 and 120mm macro after their trip to Solms. Leica NJ really went all out to get my kit back to me promptly... even had it delivered overnight on a Saturday. No shipping or insurance charges whatsoever. The lens appears to be working properly and the top OLED is night and day better than the old one. A major improvement and something I'd recommend doing if you can bear parting with your camera for a while.
    Congrats David, I am sure you feel a ton better now.

    My 120mm was DOA (stuck aperture blades) but David Farkas got it back to Solms lickety split and I expect it back any day now. I love all the lenses (especially the 180) but am truly anxious to start shooting with the 120mm. It is a perfect FL for much of my shooting

    So start posting some 120 shots so I get even more anxious!

    Best

    Woody

    Whoops, I just got an email from David Farkas who says the 120 arrived from Solms today and is on its way to me. Guaranteed for delivery by end of day Thursday. I have more back surgery on Friday morning so probably won't get much chance to use it until next week.
    Last edited by woodyspedden; 16th May 2011 at 19:29.

  39. #1139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Lovely shot of baby!

    Good to hear your S2 is back David and Woody do post your shots..

    I bought one of these cameras a few months ago - weirdest thing I am still on the initial battery charge ( I do use a grip though ie two batteries) but this level of batter charge is up there with Nikon ( if not better)..not too many shots as I have ben busy @ work less than 1000 activations but a lot of chimping etc etc..

    I am very pleased with performance of my CF/Cfe/Fe glass on this camera btw - but the Leica glass blows it away for ease of use ...wish I had a split screen to help manual focus ..

    Can't wait for new lenses to come out - a wider wide would my first priority purchase along with a longer long...

    should we feel bad because no 80 megapixel chip?

  40. #1140
    HCHeyerdahl
    Guest

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Chris, I shoot the Nikon D3S in addition to the S2 and I know several of the other S2 owners are Nikon shooters as well... I hope they will chime in with their experiences. To address your first issue... the S2 is well suited for hand held shooting in large part due to the ergos of the camera. If you are accustomed to shooting hand held with a pro Nikon body you will have no problem doing the same with the S2. Second question depends on what you mean by high ISO. The Nikon D3S is, IMHO, king of the hill for high ISO shooting and the S2 is not even in the same ballpark. If you've got decent light, ISO 640 will give good results... but if you're looking for ISO 6400, stick with Nikon I think the best Nikon glass is excellent, especially the zooms. But the Leica glass is simply superb. The images from the S2 are a quantum leap better than anything I get from my D3S and I personally know at least one D3X (and S2) shooter who would say the same. Take one for a test drive and I think you will see the difference immediately...

    One caveat worth mentioning. If you're planning on getting several of the Leica lenses you may need to wait a while. They have been increasingly difficult (if not impossible) to get quickly.
    Thanks for your comments.

    As for high ISO, I actually shoot a lot at 800 - 1600 due to low light conditions. Unfortunately, most users seem to agree that 640 is the upper limit for the S2, and I am a bit concerned this may be a bit on the low side for my hand held shooting. Prehaps i will just have to wait for the eventual S3

    Chris

  41. #1141
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by HCHeyerdahl View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

    As for high ISO, I actually shoot a lot at 800 - 1600 due to low light conditions. Unfortunately, most users seem to agree that 640 is the upper limit for the S2, and I am a bit concerned this may be a bit on the low side for my hand held shooting. Prehaps i will just have to wait for the eventual S3

    Chris
    Chris,
    I also own Nikon (D700 now, in earlier times D2 and D3x) with good glass.

    Regarding high ISO I agree that 640ISO is totally fine and 1250 not really that great (I try to avoid it).
    Now the other thing is that lately I have been experimenting a lot with f-stops. Shooting same scene wide open andmore stopped down and it happens that I very often prefer the wide open shots. Meaning I use a lot f2.5 and f4.0, meaning I get along fine (in daylight) handhaldshooting.
    The nice thing is that the S2 lenses are really very good even wide open.

    Now if you are more some one shooting with a lot DOF, stopping down to f8-f1 6 all the time it might be a different story.

    All I can say is that each time when I take the S2 I am rewarded afterwards when looking at the images.
    Its still good to know to have the D700 for action and low light, however I admit to not use it that often.

  42. #1142
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Lovely shot of baby!

    .....
    should we feel bad because no 80 megapixel chip?
    Thanks guys for the comments. This was also with the 120 at f2.5 by the way.

    Regarding the 80MP - I feel so good that right now there is no product /S2-body I could upgrade too and for me the relativly long product cycles we are used from Leica are relaxing for me. (But then I am also someone wha doesnt have the need for more MP than the 37)

  43. #1143
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Tom--Very cute shots of you little one. I prefer the second. For the composition of the first, I would try to a shot where the mouth is in focus as well. As much as I like shallow DOF, I think this might be stronger visually; baby skin is already so soft.

    Georg

  44. #1144
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Woody, I am glad to have the S2 back and feel good about the way Leica service handled my repair. We all know how busy they must be trying to fill back-orders on lenses and I was apprehensive that this would lead to a long turnaround time. I'll try to post some 120 shots soon but Marc's 120mm post of the camera and golden mousetrap is a tough act to follow

    Peter, agree that the battery life is nothing short of remarkable. Finally had occasion to use my spare but only because I couldn't remember where I put the original when I shipped the camera for repair. For how and what I shoot 80MP would not be desirable... even in an S3. I envy your being busy at work... the real estate development market here in Florida is still very much in the doldrums. I'd encourage you to try and shoot more often, even if it's only those around the house shots, etc. You posted an image of a cup and saucer on your porch a while back that still sticks in my mind. Bob is an inspiration for that sort of thing.

    Georg, understand your dof preference on the shot of the baby. I sometimes find myself taking shallow dof pics simply because... I can. Took a shot of a model with the .95 noct that she doesn't like at all but those who know the lens think it's great. Either way... it's still a beautiful baby

  45. #1145
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    .....Georg, understand your dof preference on the shot of the baby. I sometimes find myself taking shallow dof pics simply because... I can. Took a shot of a model with the .95 noct that she doesn't like at all but those who know the lens think it's great. Either way... it's still a beautiful baby
    I have to go back and see if I have shot comparable image stopped down a bit. As I wrote before I now shoot often some images of the same subject either way and see later which I like better.
    Georg, thanks for the "Tip"

  46. #1146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Woody, I am glad to have the S2 back and feel good about the way Leica service handled my repair. We all know how busy they must be trying to fill back-orders on lenses and I was apprehensive that this would lead to a long turnaround time. I'll try to post some 120 shots soon but Marc's 120mm post of the camera and golden mousetrap is a tough act to follow

    Peter, agree that the battery life is nothing short of remarkable. Finally had occasion to use my spare but only because I couldn't remember where I put the original when I shipped the camera for repair. For how and what I shoot 80MP would not be desirable... even in an S3. I envy your being busy at work... the real estate development market here in Florida is still very much in the doldrums. I'd encourage you to try and shoot more often, even if it's only those around the house shots, etc. You posted an image of a cup and saucer on your porch a while back that still sticks in my mind. Bob is an inspiration for that sort of thing.

    Georg, understand your dof preference on the shot of the baby. I sometimes find myself taking shallow dof pics simply because... I can. Took a shot of a model with the .95 noct that she doesn't like at all but those who know the lens think it's great. Either way... it's still a beautiful baby
    Hey David

    Totally agree about Marc's shots. He is a wonderful photographer.

    However you do great model shots so thought you might be able to post some of those taken with the 120mm!

    Have a great week

    Woody

  47. #1147
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Sustained 40mph winds on Lake Michigan coupled with a temperature of 42 degrees made for some frigid conditions but interesting photos yesterday. The waves and the cloud formations were very dramatic. The water along the shoreline was brown-colored because the strong waves churned up the sand bottom.

    The last image probably best describes the fury of Mother Nature ...








  48. #1148
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Kurt,

    nice series. This one is particualry cool with the selective focus. How did you do it? Did you prefocus or continued autofocus? I assume it was the 180 mm.

    Georg

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post



  49. #1149
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Tom... I love the second picture of your baby...those are captures you will treasure for years to come.

    Kurt...what great conditions to shoot in....Numbers One and Two are my favorites...I love the trailing steam from the smoke stack. Number Four reminds me of a Henning Mankel murder film....spooky.

    Bob

  50. #1150
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Kurt,

    These are absolutely beautiful! But how can we be sure it's the camera and not the photographer? Would you mind reshooting these, and perhaps the Rugby series, using an M9, a 35mm DSLR (your choice) , and an X100?

    Thanks,

    Matt

    (Do I have to point out that this is meant as humor, poking fun at gear insecurity? I am immensely grateful for the samples and opinions in this thread!)
    Last edited by MGrayson; 16th May 2011 at 16:12.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •