Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 2463

Thread: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

  1. #101
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    Lloyd,
    thanks for your kind words..
    Problem here is ignorance.
    Nobody does not communicate with me ...I do not know the reason..

    Best..
    Hi there CEH, please ... don't go
    I'm just so happy with you people posting your S2 images here !
    I'll never have an S2, though on a couple of occasions I was lucky enough to hold one and shoot a few pictures with the 70/2.5 and 120/2.5 macro.
    I for one really enjoyed your entries, but perhaps I feel a little too humble to comment, sorry ...

    So get going and keeping posting, CEH

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  2. #102
    Senior Member doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    Lloyd,
    thanks for your kind words..
    Problem here is ignorance.
    Nobody does not communicate with me ...I do not know the reason..

    Best..
    The server where your photos are hosted is blocked at the office so I can't see your work until I get home where my internet service is slow and sporadic. I've enjoyed seeing your photos when I can.

  3. #103
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    each to their own doug... but apart from kurts last shot and only if he cropped to my eye.. then nothing shown justifies to me being blown up beyond the web image... but thats just me... i am sure there are people who would pay good money for a print of their dog'

    :-)


    just kicking the bucket, rattling the chains and trying to understand why people take photos

    peace
    K
    Kevin, good on you for being the image police ... you should cruise the Medium Format Image love fest ... lots of cans in need of kicking there

    IMHO, Mark Gowin's rafting image show diverse use, and while it could just as well have been taken with a Nikon or Canon ... it wasn't, it was the S2.

    I agree with Shelby Lewis, despite whether one agrees with content or aesthetics, a lot of the images have a natural look to them. Apply that to one's own approach to photography if it's appealing.

    Totally disagree that nothing here deserves more than a web posting ...Arif's classic images could easily deserve 20X30s ... all that meticulous detail in the costumes and make-up is totally wasted on the web.

    Not sure I'd give up my M9 kit for an S2, nor shoot street stuff with it ... but we'll find out since a S2P and 3 lenses land on my door step tomorrow AM (and no, I am not abandoning my H4D/60 set-up ... horses for courses).

    Oh, BTW, I sell WAAAAAAY more pics of people's dogs and kids than gritty urban "street" statements. Such lovely B&Ws and few takers. Go figure Dog and baby pics are what helps pay for the personal non-paying work ... and all the toys . Frankly, I like shooting dogs and kids because it just takes a few minutes and makes people happy.

    An almost web worthy S2/180mm Dog pic just for you Kevin ... (just yanking your chain ... keep your sense of humor )

    -Marc

  4. #104
    Senior Member kevinparis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Marc... already did some kicking in the MF forum... they had a thread for very large images which was amusing for a while.

    anybody who knows me knows I am not a vindictive person... but will occasionally howl against the wind if the aroma of false platitudes and bull**** get too strong.

    I wish everyone who has an S2 many many happy and successful pictures... but at the end of the day ....to me the camera is secondary to the photographer.

    peace and serenity from a snowy belgium

    K

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I hope you stay. I really enjoy your S2 images (and your Leica M images). I think the problem is that there aren't very many people on the forum who shot the S2... yet. Keep posting, and keep tempting us all.
    +1

    CEH, I stared at your landscapes for quite some time, enjoyed your posts very much

    Ever since the S2 came out, I've followed every S2 thread on this forum, LuLa and LUF. I'm in the same boat as some others here... Would love to work with the camera but find the price a little too high at the moment. I could sell off all the gear I try to do serious photowork with, but than I could merely buy an S2 with peasant-guarantee and the 70 mm. I'd loose my Leica film M's and lenses and my a900's and Zeiss glass... Two complete systems for one camera with a normal lens... Still dreaming about that option though

    Kurt,

    thanks for starting this thread. I find any S2 image I can get my eyes on interesting to study.

    Everyone please keep posting!

  6. #106
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I hope you stay. I really enjoy your S2 images (and your Leica M images). I think the problem is that there aren't very many people on the forum who shot the S2... yet. Keep posting, and keep tempting us all.
    I'll echo Lloyd's sentiment... I have enjoyed your images as well just been distracted with other matters and haven't said so.

  7. #107
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    CEH, agreed. Your shots are amazing. Please keep posting. Many of us, myself included, will never own an S2 (due to lack of funds, not wanting), so It's great to live vicariously through you. You have a great eye, and I love both your M9 and S2 shots!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  8. #108
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    The 180 arrived, sorry for another pet picture. But Auggie was my only willing lens test subject. At least it gives you an idea of the detail.


  9. #109
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    Marc... already did some kicking in the MF forum... they had a thread for very large images which was amusing for a while.

    anybody who knows me knows I am not a vindictive person... but will occasionally howl against the wind if the aroma of false platitudes and bull**** get too strong.

    I wish everyone who has an S2 many many happy and successful pictures... but at the end of the day ....to me the camera is secondary to the photographer.

    peace and serenity from a snowy belgium

    K
    No disagreement from me Kevin. Yet, that is something of a bromide any more. Sure it's the photographer ... always was, always will be.

    However, there are an awful lot of people that just do this for fun, they try their best which may not measure up to what someone else may think is best. I suppose tweaking folks from time-to-time keeps everyone on their toes rather than a merry-go-round of hugs and kisses. However, "it's the photographer" remains true no matter what is being used ... meant in the opposite way you are saying it: i.e., using better gear most likely won't make them any worse either ... and maybe, just maybe, it'll wake them up more than a P&S. Ya just never know. I remember taking my first M camera out of the box and thinking ... " Jeeze, some of the best photos every made were done with this camera ... no excuses Marc, get to it."

    Personally, I'm not very competitive about my photography (anymore) ... I had more than enough of that in my advertising agency career ... so making people smile or feel something on a personal level is what I strive for now ... not specifically interested in the masses of critical photographers with an aesthetic agenda, but very interested in the one-on-one relationships in photography.

    So, the S2 is just an instrument of people's relationship to photography ... be it used for snap-shots or a national ad campaign. Cost is a barrier for sure. Personally, I finally decided to go for it before I run out of time ... since having my money in my hand doing something beats languishing in the bank earning next to nothing while waiting for the next world-wide Grand Larceny

    -Peace ... and hugs and kisses to all.

    Marc

  10. #110
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    By the way, on the subject of pursuing photography, here's something that my 13-year-old daughter is turning in for a personal narrative tomorrow. Whether you do it as a profession or as a personal endeavor, pursue what makes you happy and provides you with inspiration.

    I was surprised to read what she wrote ... but not with her insight. Who knows whether she'll eventually choose photography as a profession (and it really doesn't matter). I'm just happy that my choice in expressing myself has made it easier for her to express herself.

    I live with my mother, father, brother, and two dogs. My brother, Konnor, attends college at The Ohio State University and I suppose life is different without the whole family. But no family is perfect. And that’s one of the best parts about us. We have our occasional arguments, but nothing serious. The most arguing probably goes on between my brother and I, though. At the end of the day, we’re a family and that’s all that matters.

    Someday I hope to become a professional photographer. The instant I found my life interest, reality began. For some people, it takes many years to find what we love most about life. For me, photography expresses a lot of the words I cannot- and I think that’s what makes it seem easier than it looks. Once I began pursuing photography as an art, I discovered that it's irrational not to notice most of which I would’ve ignored before. Even the slightest drop of a laugh or hint of a smile causes the atmosphere to change.

    Most of all, it seems like the pictures I take and the people I meet change my perspective- on everything. I meet people like myself, and others that I would’ve overlooked. Not rudely overlooked; just not someone I would’ve intentionally started a conversation with. Most importantly, photography portrays people for who they really are, and that is what fascinates me the most.

  11. #111
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    By the way, on the subject of pursuing photography, here's something that my 13-year-old daughter is turning in for a personal narrative tomorrow. Whether you do it as a profession or as a personal endeavor, pursue what makes you happy and provides you with inspiration.

    I was surprised to read what she wrote ... but not with her insight. Who knows whether she'll eventually choose photography as a profession (and it really doesn't matter). I'm just happy that my choice in expressing myself has made it easier for her to express herself.

    I live with my mother, father, brother, and two dogs. My brother, Konnor, attends college at The Ohio State University and I suppose life is different without the whole family. But no family is perfect. And that’s one of the best parts about us. We have our occasional arguments, but nothing serious. The most arguing probably goes on between my brother and I, though. At the end of the day, we’re a family and that’s all that matters.

    Someday I hope to become a professional photographer. The instant I found my life interest, reality began. For some people, it takes many years to find what we love most about life. For me, photography expresses a lot of the words I cannot- and I think that’s what makes it seem easier than it looks. Once I began pursuing photography as an art, I discovered that it's irrational not to notice most of which I would’ve ignored before. Even the slightest drop of a laugh or hint of a smile causes the atmosphere to change.

    Most of all, it seems like the pictures I take and the people I meet change my perspective- on everything. I meet people like myself, and others that I would’ve overlooked. Not rudely overlooked; just not someone I would’ve intentionally started a conversation with. Most importantly, photography portrays people for who they really are, and that is what fascinates me the most.
    Insightful beyond her years.

    -Marc

  12. #112
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Come on, don't let a single comment stop you folks from posting S2 images ... bring them on!

    -Marc

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    I am guilty of not commenting when I want too. I often pop in the forum for a minute on my iPad just to see whats going on, but rarely have time to make a thoughtful comment. I must try harder to express my thoughts.

  14. #114
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Come on, don't let a single comment stop you folks from posting S2 images ... bring them on!
    I would Marc if I had a S2...in fact I'm willing to post one each hour for the forseeable future...but you'll 1st need to send me your newly minted S2 and lenses in order to put them through their paces.

    Seriously though, looking forward to you, Kurt and all others who have the S2 to continue posting images (and that includes many of CEH's lovely images too) and providing insights of the system, while I contemplate a variety of "what if's" !

    Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 16th December 2010 at 20:31.

  15. #115
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Marc, we all know the slope is slippery but it seems like maybe there's some extra grease on your part of the hill. Looking forward to some S2 shots from you... I remember the early test shots you posted back when you were considering it. Hope to be posting to this forum myself pretty soon... like late next week

  16. #116
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Marc, we all know the slope is slippery but it seems like maybe there's some extra grease on your part of the hill. Looking forward to some S2 shots from you... I remember the early test shots you posted back when you were considering it. Hope to be posting to this forum myself pretty soon... like late next week


    Talk about an 180º turn around and impulse buy David ... yesterday AM I had no intention on doing this ... especially with a H4D/60 in route to me . Then my long time Leica dealer e-mailed me. One phone discussion and bargaining session later a S2P, 35, 70, 180, spare battery and SF58 was on it's way for delivery today. I couldn't resist the collective price. Still expensive mind you, but two barriers were lessened or removed (well covered in initial reviews of the S2) ... lack of system completeness/availability, and relative price to value. For me, an emergency bale-out prospect was covered by the collective system pricing in case I have to sell off a bunch of stuff due to unforeseen dire circumstances. I would have passed if it was all full retail.

    As much as I bitched about this kit I have to admit it has made progress ... enough so that it moved back onto the consideration list for a lot of my applications. Not interested in the leaf shutter lens versions, that is what the H4D/60 is for. For me, the two kits represent the perfect set-up of complimentary systems: The leaf shutter Hassey with a higher sync speed for outdoor or studio apps, and a super high-resolution larger sensor ... and a weather resistant, ergonomically mobile, focal plane shutter kit with a bigger sensor than 35mm, and Leica optics.

    Oddly, when my financially conservative father lie dying not long ago, he confided in me to do what you want NOW ... live to the brink because the end is certain. I'm not a spring chicken, so it's NOW or maybe never ... and never is forever. I don't collect watches, have fancy cars, a sail boat, or villa in the Caribbean ... which I could IF I didn't do this kind of thing ... photography is my pleasure and passion.

    However, I will be selling off a ton of excellent gear starting soon ... so everyone keep their eye on the GetDpi For Sale section as it will be offered there first as always

    -Marc

  17. #117
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Hi there CEH, please ... don't go
    I'm just so happy with you people posting your S2 images here !
    I'll never have an S2, though on a couple of occasions I was lucky enough to hold one and shoot a few pictures with the 70/2.5 and 120/2.5 macro.
    I for one really enjoyed your entries, but perhaps I feel a little too humble to comment, sorry ...

    So get going and keeping posting, CEH

    Kind regards.
    HI Bart
    +3 (or is it 4)
    Please Come Back!

    Marc
    I'm afraid I'm jealous :-(

    Just this guy you know

  18. #118
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Does this mean I'm NEXT.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Congratulations on getting the S2 system Marc. I recall meeting you in St Pete beach just over a year ago when we were both trying out an early production S2. At the time you clearly liked the form factor, but had reservations about the lack of a system (lenses, raw processing, etc.). Fortunately, times have changed and the S system is filling out nicely. You are in an even better position now that there are S2 to Hasselblad lens adapters available. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing some of your S2 photos.

  20. #120
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Guy, join the party. I know that you're a happy Phase camper, though. You're getting great stuff from the P40+ back.

  21. #121
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    No matter what anyone thinks i do like the S2. But I still have my little concerns. The big one is 3:2 format and yes I know I have a darn Sony here that shoots the same format. Contradiction I know. Will see the one thing is it is starting to grow and from a Professional seat it is important that it does into a nice long term system. Like to see more folks here shooting it though. Now with Marc onboard we will see some more stuff.

    Keep the images coming and BTW just because no one responds to your image does not mean it is not appreciated . I post images all the time and don't get a lot of responses either but I know folks do look and appreciate them but more important they learn from the images posted here on GetDPI from all the forums. So please don't ever think you are not providing a valuable asset to others . YOU ARE and never ever worry about taking up bandwidth. We are a Image forum and that will NEVER change
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  22. #122
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Thank you all for your support.

    I've read here that lenses 35 and 180 respectively are available at some seller. Where is the seller situated, please?
    I am not able to find a shop in Europe where these lenses would be available for sale.
    .........................................

  23. #123
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    ceh, I sent you a PM with a place that I've found lenses.

  24. #124
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Kurt,
    thank you.

  25. #125
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    No matter what anyone thinks i do like the S2. But I still have my little concerns. The big one is 3:2 format and yes I know I have a darn Sony here that shoots the same format. Contradiction I know. Will see the one thing is it is starting to grow and from a Professional seat it is important that it does into a nice long term system. Like to see more folks here shooting it though. Now with Marc onboard we will see some more stuff.

    Keep the images coming and BTW just because no one responds to your image does not mean it is not appreciated . I post images all the time and don't get a lot of responses either but I know folks do look and appreciate them but more important they learn from the images posted here on GetDPI from all the forums. So please don't ever think you are not providing a valuable asset to others . YOU ARE and never ever worry about taking up bandwidth. We are a Image forum and that will NEVER change
    +1

    I learn something here every day ... the pics are a very important part of that equation. Sometimes it is just a silent appreciation of work that is completely different from what I do, or how I see things, that I don't feel qualified to comment on ... but if it evokes a feeling or makes me think then it was worth taking the time to view it.

    Thanks to all that do post.

    -Marc

  26. #126
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting David Kipper's first Florida S2 model shoot photos.

  27. #127
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting David Kipper's first Florida S2 model shoot photos.
    So am I Kurt I'm not going to complain about the weather down here to you but, for this neck of the woods, it's been very cold. Temps down in the 20's at night. David F told me about a shoot he was on in South Beach for Ocean Drive magazine at one of the ritzy hotels. Swimsuit, etc. shoot on the roof and the model was freezing. This is when the young ladies find out it's not all fun and games but work!!

  28. #128
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting David Kipper's first Florida S2 model shoot photos.
    Yea I just may have to fly down and be the poor assistant. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  29. #129
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Actually all kidding aside i am very happy to see David and Marc with one of these in there hands for sure. First off they are dear friends and second both great shooters.
    Last edited by Bob; 17th December 2010 at 11:10.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  30. #130
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Actually all kidding aside i am very happy to see David and Marc with one of these in there hands for sure. First off there dear friends and second both great shooters.
    All the more reason to look forward to both their images and feedback on the system, as well as from the others posting their S2 shots and commentary. I believe there are quite a few of us, sort of sitting on the sidelines possibly contemplating the S2 in the near future (having used some MF and DMF in my case). Unfortunately there is far less feedback out there on the S2 system...having some additional strengths and weakness for certain applications that haven't been described in any great detail or the S2 system used in a way that one might not normally associate with MFD as compared to the other capable systems out there. I think the latter is one of the allures of the S2 system.

    Dave (D&A)

  31. #131
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    I am following this. A dream for me would be a 30 tilt/shift, a 30-90 and a 180. A three lens setup that would do everything I wanted!!!!
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook

  32. #132
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Actually all kidding aside i am very happy to see David and Marc with one of these in there hands for sure. First off they are dear friends and second both great shooters.
    Thanks for putting my name and Marc's in the same sentence Guy but I'm a distant second when it comes to shooting prowess.

    Since there seems to be some interest in this system I'll pass along my thoughts about and expectations of the S2. First off, I've shot with it a number of times. Compared it to images taken at the same time and place with my DMR (which, IMHO, still delivers some of the best looking images ever) and did a head to head product shoot with my Sinar e75LV/Hy6 with strobes, tripod, etc. My conclusion was that the S2 wasn't any better than my Sinar kit IQ wise. So I'm not really expecting better images. What I am buying are the ergonomics, the LCD screen, and the workflow as well as the ability to shoot models with a faster and more fluid style. I know all about the advantages of shooting on a tripod but, with moving people shoots, I prefer not too. When a model is moving I struggle to nail focus... loosening and tightening the tripod head kills my rhythm. If the model is stationary I use the tripod and WLF. I am not crazy about giving up my WLF as I often like to shoot from a low perspective. I'll have to find some kind of right angle finder solution for those situations. Another big plus for me is the weather sealing. I shoot at the beach and on the boat frequently and do not like the idea of salt spray and sand coupled with an unsealed back. Couple of years back, on the DPI workshop here in Florida, I was shooting low at the waters edge with my Sinar kit and an unexpected wave washed over my kit. Totally my fault but...stuff happens. Happy ending to that story but it's still in the back of my head. Lastly, I like to carry my camera around even when I've got nothing planned. I find myself not doing that with the Sinar kit so I grab my Nikon... then I see the most gorgeous sunset and wish I had my MF kit. I look at the S2 as Nikon/Canon on steroids and that's pretty much how I plan to use it.

  33. #133
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    I am following this. A dream for me would be a 30 tilt/shift, a 30-90 and a 180. A three lens setup that would do everything I wanted!!!!
    Sounds like you are a candidate for a Phase One or Hasselblad kit.

    Horses for courses is still very true.

    -Marc

  34. #134
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    S2 need not worry - the storm 100 km / h, handheld image..

    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #135
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    I look at the S2 as Nikon/Canon on steroids and that's pretty much how I plan to use it.
    +1

  36. #136
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Hey guys, what is the current firmware # ?

    Thanks,

    -Marc

  37. #137
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    I have - 1.0.0.17

  38. #138
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Kurt posted this today on Leica forum.

    In the owner's section of the Leica site, you can find the latest S2 firmware available for download. The newest version is: 1.0.0.24

    Bob

  39. #139
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    S2 need not worry - the storm 100 km / h, handheld image..

    Very nice; very moody. I really like the shadows on the snow in the foreground.

  40. #140
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    docmoore,
    Thank you, I am a registered customer Leica and I do not have the information .. hmm

  41. #141
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    S2 need not worry - the storm 100 km / h, handheld image..
    Hi There
    This is lovely . . . and more terrifyingly, it's just what I'd be wanting it for.

    Which lenses do you have?

    Have you tried Robert White (I guess so).

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  42. #142
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Jono Slack,
    I have 2,5/70...
    ..My dealer in Vienna (Austria) Leica shop has informed me that the lenses would be available in april,may 2011....(35,120,180).I do not understand, I do not know..

  43. #143
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Very nice; very moody. I really like the shadows on the snow in the foreground.
    Lloyd,
    Thank you and I appreciate your words..

  44. #144
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    The 35 is really sweet!

    -Marc

  45. #145
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    I went to the mountain (Volovec, West Tatras - Slovakia) my daughter -then we would not continue...

  46. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    It appears your daughter is on the edge of a very steep drop off or cliff. That could be scary in high winds you mentioned.

  47. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Way to go David Kipper. I know from mutual friends that you have been looking at the S2 for a while.

    Kurt, thank you for starting this thread. I expect to learn a thing or two from the experiences shared here.

  48. #148
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    It appears your daughter is on the edge of a very steep drop off or cliff. That could be scary in high winds you mentioned.
    It stands on the site safely.Optical illusion.

  49. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    It stands on the site safely.Optical illusion.
    Nice optical illusion. It works well.

  50. #150
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    Nice optical illusion. It works well.
    Do you have a good feel for the picture...

    Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •