The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

fotografz

I'm starting to think that perhaps, just maybe, I should sell every camera and lens I own in order to buy an S2 with at least one lens.

Many really outstanding images here....and I was an S2 sceptic from the get go.

Gary
Gary, if you didn't sell off everything and got an S2, you will. The rest of the stuff tends to just sit there once you start working with this camera. :D

Except maybe a M9 if you have one ... ;)

NO ONE was as skeptical as I was ... I sold off my entire V 500 and 200 systems, my 949 scanner, and a boat load of other stuff when Leica announced the S2 ... then spent well over a year testing and watching and grousing and looking, and studying, and re-testing ... and ... then, when it came of age sprung for it and all four available lenses.

I'm still learning, and each day I find better ways to realize the image performance inherent in the system which is more than a cursory run through can reveal in a couple of hours. Its beauty runs far more than skin deep, even if it IS the most beautiful camera I've ever owned or used :thumbs:

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
To your point, the S2 is simply the best camera I have ever used. I love it!

My Son - WIth Leica S2 - Color
David,

Your son's portrait will be one of those captures you keep going back to over the years...wonderful light and expression.

Bob

jonoslack

I'm starting to think that perhaps, just maybe, I should sell every camera and lens I own in order to buy an S2 with at least one lens.

Many really outstanding images here....and I was an S2 sceptic from the get go.

Gary
HI Gary
I feel like this every week - it's terrifying!
I was actually always an advocate for the S2, which makes it more startling that I don't have one.

Marc is the worst - goading and tempting :poke: - it's a fearful business, and rather like another child, NO is always a conditional decision, whereas YES is always final!

David - what Bob says - lovely shot of your son - lovely

all the best to everyone
(except Marc the Tempter :p )

fotografz

HI Gary
I feel like this every week - it's terrifying!
I was actually always an advocate for the S2, which makes it more startling that I don't have one.

Marc is the worst - goading and tempting :poke: - it's a fearful business, and rather like another child, NO is always a conditional decision, whereas YES is always final!

David - what Bob says - lovely shot of your son - lovely

all the best to everyone
(except Marc the Tempter :p )
Jono, wish you could be here with Irakly and I as we screw around with all this stuff ... he's really helpful in working the post possibilities ... more for print than web, which he is less interested in.
He's involved with helping some guy in Florida that has an S2 and is friends with Kaufman, so the camera has his attention ... which is good luck for me ;) Mostly we talk art, photography (not technical stuff), and he picks my brain about advertising and marketing conceptual thinking since he's also doing some of that over in Europe ... all over my mud strong coffee since he's ALWAYS jet lagged :rolleyes:

My bet is that he's an eventual S2 shooter in the making ... we'll see.

-Marc

docmoore

Due to lack of US dealers having much stock in S2 lenses at the present time I purchased a Pentax P67/Leica S2 adapter from David Farkas.

Here are a couple of pics from the Pentax P67 45 ....

Potted Plants

Shy Rose

Not a long term solution but it buys me some time until the next round of lenses arrive. Thanks David.

Bob

David K

Workshop Member
Bob, the adapter route is one I'm using too. The first of these was with the Hassy 110... the second with the Leica S 70mm. Processed pretty much the same but they aren't untouched. The Leica is the sharper of the two as I front focused on the Hassy shot by a tad. Neither are in final-final form but thought I'd share them as is. Anybody else a sucker for redheads :) I'm taking delivery tomorrow of what I'm told is the last remaining 120 macro in the country. Even so... I do not think I will give up the Hassy 110.

...Anybody else a sucker for redheads :) I'm taking delivery tomorrow of what I'm told is the last remaining 120 macro in the country. Even so... I do not think I will give up the Hassy 110.
I too am a sucker for redheads. You did a good job photographing this one. Congratulations on getting the Leica S 120mm. I would love to have that lens in my kit, but it will have to wait a while.

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks Mark. It was just delivered minutes ago... need to go try it out. If this is a lens you think you want I'd suggest getting on your dealer's list. It's likely to take a while before it's readily available.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I went to a MLB game at Miller Park yesterday and brought along the S2. As it was 40 degrees and overcast and the roof remained closed. That made it a little dark on the inside. But, always looking to force the issue, I tried to make due with the 180 anyway. ;)

I ended up with a few blurry images ... but the rest held up really well. There are certainly better tools for shooting sports, but I like the results. I find it difficult not to want to lug the S2 with me everywhere I go ... because even in unconventional circumstances, the results please me.

I'll attend a game or two later in the year with more light to be able to shoot at great speed and achieve more depth of field.

docmoore

... the adapter route is one I'm using too. The first of these was with the Hassy 110...I do not think I will give up the Hassy 110.
David,

Very nice capture...it is one of the lenses people always regret selling...easy to see why.

Bob

docmoore

Kurt,

The baseball series is very good...love the 3D feel to the pictures. The boy with cotton candy is priceless...

Bob

docmoore

Here is another P67 Lens S2-P Body combo....

This time the 105 F2.4

Quail and Flowers

Bird and House

Bearing Roses

Bob

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bob. It looks like you are having a great time with the S2-P.

That Pentax105/2.4 really has a nice look to it ... it'd be interesting to compare it with the Zeiss 110/2.

docmoore

That Pentax105/2.4 really has a nice look to it ... it'd be interesting to compare it with the Zeiss 110/2.
Kurt,

I am sure that the Zeiss has the ultimate edge for sharpness, microcontrast and mechanics...however, I do like the OOF look of the P67 105. I was very pleased to see it image this well.

Bob

John Kraus

Peter,
congratulations.:thumbup:
Lens Summarit 2,5/35 is on the way ;)
Austrian Alps
CEH, this is a great shot.
The file shows off the lens/sensor quality very well. Tiny people, so sharp! And nice juxtaposition with the mountains.
Congrats.

Last edited: