The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

peterv

I really do think the girls from Brazil are some of the most beautiful in the world. I've never traveled there but it's high on my wish list... Two different skin tones here... can't make up my mind which I prefer.
Somehow I only looked at the photo's and at first completely forgot that you had actually added text to your post. :angel:

I had noticed the difference in PP and I must say I very much prefer the less saturated version.

It looks more natural to me. In a way this photo looks more like what I've come to expect from an S2 image.

IMHO the first one looks a bit like a 'pimped up' jpg from a p & s camera, to much contrast and saturation for my taste. YMMV, of course.

I also like the model's pose, hair and expression in the second photo much better.

Thanks for sharing these warm images, from cold and dark Northern Europe,

Peter

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have a friend...very experienced mountain climber - used to climb with a Rollei 35 . Should have used a S2....

Very beautiful and profound view...

Thank you for sharing...I am sure that this must have been a grueling climb. Your captures validate your effort!

Thank you for sharing.:thumbup:

Bob

PeterA

CEH - landscape photos usually make me fall asleep - your mountain shots are absolutely awesome -thanks for posting.
David - love seeing yoru beauty shots..keep em coming !!

Someone once said to me - cameras were made to make photos of Beautiful women -:)

Paratom

Thank you Marc and Mark for sharing your experience here - which sounds exactly what I had hoped to hear-that the S2 could be used pretty flexible for many things and offered so much joy to use that one accept some small disadvantages in certain areas and leave the DSLR at home for the S2.

Regarding the x1 I would say dont sell. I like this camera a lot and have allready caugh some very nice moments with it. And it can go in a pocket of jacket. The second advantage is its near silent. Recently I have aded the grip (didnt like it in the beginning) and now even one handed shooting works great.
I bought the smallest bag I could fit the camera into. Still hoping for an AF speed up though.

One thing in commen with the S2 which I like so much is the simple user interface. Years ago, when realizing that we have to get used to a new phone/computer etc etc every 2-3 years and also realizing that 70% of new feautures are mostly gymmmics which make it less intuitive to access the 30% usefull features I stopped loosing my interest and motivation to really learn all functions of a new "toy".
My latest TV came with 2 remote controls-one with 5 buttons and one withmaybe 30 buttons - some of those 30 I have never used so far.

Paratom

I really do think the girls from Brazil are some of the most beautiful in the world. I've never traveled there but it's high on my wish list... Two different skin tones here... can't make up my mind which I prefer.
Hi David,
I can also not make up my mind wich I like better. If you say Brazil I would guess the first one is more accurate, if you said the Model was from Skandinavia I would have suggested the second.
If it was me I would probably look for something inbetween regarding saturation.

D&A

CEH,

These mountainous landscapes are hauntingly stark but beautiful. Doug is right, brrrr, you can almost feel the intense cold. A chairlift of some sort appears in some of the pics. I supposed it's for skiing, when the conditions are right?

Dave (D&A)

atanabe

Mark,
That is about the minimum distance that I would like to be from those guys! Too bad you didn't have an SA lens to shoot with to compare. Looks like a reasonable alternative to the L brand till they come out with a long lens and us to save up to afford one!

Al

ceh

CEH,

These mountainous landscapes are hauntingly stark but beautiful. Doug is right, brrrr, you can almost feel the intense cold. A chairlift of some sort appears in some of the pics. I supposed it's for skiing, when the conditions are right?

Dave (D&A)
There is a cable car in that area, but it does not lead to the top of hills, which are in the photos, but only to the saddle beneath them. It is a protected natural area. You can meet skialpinists on the hills if there is enough snow.This season is weaker.

ceh

Friends,
I would like to ask you where to buy a reduction for Hasselblad V lens.
For my landscape photos with the sun in the picture it seems to me CFE IF 4 / 40 more appropriate than S 3,5 / 35...

3,5/35

4/40

fotografz

Friends,
I would like to ask you where to buy a reduction for Hasselblad V lens.
For my landscape photos with the sun in the picture it seems to me CFE IF 4 / 40 more appropriate than S 3,5 / 35...

3,5/35

4/40
Those are two entirely different lighting scenarios using different sensor captures. Whether one is more appropriate should be evaluated shooting the same lighting scenario and the same sensor capture. Personally, of the two shots, I prefer the S35's handling of the specular lighting.

I had the Zeiss 40IF which I compared to the Hasselblad HCD35-70 set to 40mm ... using the same subject matter, lighting and the same camera/digital back. That comparison saved me $6K when I chose to not keep the 40IF.

So, it depends ...

-Marc

ceh

Marc,
Thank you,
however,
number of star pattern rays of the CFE IF is perfect for me..