The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

fotografz

A few photos from the S2. These are unedited, straight from camera, jpeg, resized in LR3 1200 pixel max length, saved at 90%.

A few more, including edited copies can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenjcollins/sets/72157626035639916
Steve, if you told me these were shot with a M9 I'd have not questioned it.

The B&Ws are what you should have posted here ... very nice! :thumbup:

Did you shoot these as jpegs? How are you converting those B&Ws?

-Marc

Paratom

A great Sunday morning, when I left the house it was still foggy and then the sun came out with some great light.
I quickly left my tripod at the side of the track and walked up shooting handheld because I did want to take advantage of that light and didnt know how long it would last.
The only thing I missed was a wideangle lens, but on the other side I have to say its very nice to go out with just one lens, so you focus your search of subjects and your thinking on this one specific focallength / FOV.
The detail if you zoom into the image is scary.

fotografz

A great Sunday morning, when I left the house it was still foggy and then the sun came out with some great light.
I quickly left my tripod at the side of the track and walked up shooting handheld because I did want to take advantage of that light and didnt know how long it would last.
The only thing I missed was a wideangle lens, but on the other side I have to say its very nice to go out with just one lens, so you focus your search of subjects and your thinking on this one specific focallength / FOV.
The detail if you zoom into the image is scary.
Beautiful. :thumbs:

-Marc

Paratom

one more detail from that morning and then the obligatory family sunday afternoon walk image which you are used to see from me ;)

PeterA

another beauty CEH - I like the two apposite diagonals and the mist obscuring the lines on the back lower diagonal of the peak - snow shoes?

ceh

another beauty CEH - I like the two apposite diagonals and the mist obscuring the lines on the back lower diagonal of the peak - snow shoes?
Thank you for your comments:)
Peter,
I use a climbing irons.

jonoslack

Thank you for your comments:)
Peter,
I use a climbing irons.
Rather you than me . . . I like skis myself, and going downwards is a favorite too.

That's a lovely photo - stunning, I want to be there, preferably with an S2!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I have a few more images from my trip to the Valley of Fire that I posted on my blog if anyone is interested. Too many to post here without boring everyone to death.

The images were with the S2 and the 70mm and 180mm lenses.

Here's the blog address: www.kurtkamka.com/blog

PeterA

Nice Kurt - I like the way your shots dont have that over processed look. CEH - thanks for posting these mountain and snow views - and yes I am jealous (like Johno).

Keep em coming - very motivating imagery.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks and Peter.

Peter, there is really a lot of room in the S2 files to make them look however someone wants to process them. That's a huge positive for me as I feel like I process my files differently every time I open them up ... depending on my mood.

Here are a couple of images from yesterday with the Zeiss 250/4 FE lens. It's a lens that's an ok performer on the S2. It lacks the sharpness of the S series lenses and comes with a healthy dose of CA in bright situations ... but it's kind of nice to have it in the bag considering the price.

Kurt

David K

Workshop Member
Great images guys. A pleasure to be able to see these different locations without freezing (CEH and Kurt) or traveling half way round the globe (Peter) :) Tom, loved those stream shots you posted above. I've been traveling quite a lot lately and bring my M9 to scout locations. Now that I know where to capture some good shots I will have to bring my S2... although the M9 is no slouch by any means.

PeterA

Kurt indeed I guess thats why I have always liked the 30-40 megapixel MFD backs - so much 'information' to play with and lots of elbow room. I am wating for an adaptor from David at Dale to test each CF/CFE and F/FE series lens I have on the S2 - unfortunately I sold my copy of the 250. But if all the Leica lenses are as good as the 70mm from Leica - it seems I am going to have to pay the price - the 70mm has knocked my socks off.

David looking forward to your shots!

gogopix

Subscriber
Kurt indeed I guess thats why I have always liked the 30-40 megapixel MFD backs - so much 'information' to play with and lots of elbow room. I am wating for an adaptor from David at Dale to test each CF/CFE and F/FE series lens I have on the S2 - unfortunately I sold my copy of the 250. But if all the Leica lenses are as good as the 70mm from Leica - it seems I am going to have to pay the price - the 70mm has knocked my socks off.

David looking forward to your shots!
Well, Peter, let me know how they work out. I have both 250 and 350mm SA lenses and on the Contax they are sharp but a little dull (just Too analytical, and post processing has been tough). The S2 with the Leica color balance and saturation could really complement the zeiss glass....

I may rent the S2 for an Italy shoot just to test the Zeriss as well... now that my shoulder has healed I may be able to compare with the IQ180 (if it gets here in time)

S2 is still on the horizon, but with live view and focus mask, the IQ180 opens up a lot for me on the Alpa AND for R lenses... I have a capture group slide that I have mounted for the R and can use my P65+ with the Leica R modular lenses some vignetting but wow, a net 40MP 800mm Leica F4 is something. With the Iq180 it will be 60MP in the image circle.

anyway, lots to look forward to now...

Best regards
Victor