The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

woodyspedden

Hi Woody,
great to hear about your upcoming family member.
We just got a little girl 4 weeks ago-I still would recommend to also bring a small and quiet camera. The first images I took were with an x1, you dont want to wake up a baby who just takes its first nap ;)
However after 4 weeks I think she is now used so much to the shutter of the S2 that it even helps to make her feel compfortable. I think my kids recognize me by the shutter sound of my cameras.
Tom

Landon Dempsey Fontenot was born this morning at 3:44 MST. He is a gorgeous child and I will be posting images later today or early tomorrow. Right now i need some sleep as i had an all nighter as well. I got into the O.R. for the C section surgery which while a bit gruesome is also interesting if you are into that sort of thing.

Anyway, mother and son are doing really well. I will be going back to the hospital later today and will get more images.

Best

Woody

woodyspedden

Every so often I visit Bethesda by the Sea church in Palm Beach to take some photos. Thought I'd try my hand at capturing the beauty of the stained glass windows there. Even when the shots don't turn out as well as I'd like I always enjoy my time there. Not sure my rabbi would approve :)
Wonderful images David........thanks for posting

Woody

fotografz

Marc, whats so impressive to me, technically speaking, in your posted shot is not only the simultaneous reproduction and depth of all those bright vivid colors and textures and patterns in their outfits, but of the apparent accuracy and subtleness captured of the skin tones of each individual (separately)...this aside from the attractive nature of the shot.

Hey wait, this was shot with a Leica...then why are those black socks black, not magenta? :)
Magenta! ... Funny now, not then :ROTFL:

I just grab the shot because of the little boy's expression. The intricate detail in the clothing at 100% is astounding. No morie' which I half expected.

-Marc

D&A

Yes, thats the other thing...the shinny fabric (and pattern) on their outfits would definitely lend itself to moire'. The more I see (of the S2), it's hard not to be impressed. I'm getting the impression from my limited shooting of earler Hassy MFD and currently the Penatx 645D...that the lenses themselves as opposed to the bodies/sensor, may be the ultimate contributing factor to some of these astonishing results. This is especially so, since many backs including the Pentax 645D body, are using similar chips and firmware/electronics are only part of the equation. Sort of the same thing we see with the Nikon D3x...ultimate image quality can suffer even with lenses that are exceptionally good on bodies like the D3s. It takes carefully selected lenses to bring out what the D3x is truly capable of.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Congradulations Woody (to you and your family). We're all looking forward to the upcoming shots of the new little one!

Dave (D&A)

fotografz

Yes, thats the other thing...the shinny fabric (and pattern) on their outfits would definitely lend itself to moire'. The more I see (of the S2), it's hard not to be impressed. I'm getting the impression from my limited shooting of earler Hassy MFD and currently the Penatx 645D...that the lenses themselves as opposed to the bodies/sensor, may be the ultimate contributing factor to some of these astonishing results. This is especially so, since many backs including the Pentax 645D body, are using similar chips and firmware/electronics are only part of the equation. Sort of the same thing we see with the Nikon D3x...ultimate image quality can suffer even with lenses that are exceptionally good on bodies like the D3s. It takes carefully selected lenses to bring out what the D3x is truly capable of.

Dave (D&A)
Yeah, not bad ... ISO 320 no less ... the S lenses definitely rock!

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Tom

Landon Dempsey Fontenot was born this morning at 3:44 MST. He is a gorgeous child and I will be posting images later today or early tomorrow. Right now i need some sleep as i had an all nighter as well. I got into the O.R. for the C section surgery which while a bit gruesome is also interesting if you are into that sort of thing.

Anyway, mother and son are doing really well. I will be going back to the hospital later today and will get more images.

Best

Woody
Congratulations Woody! Let's see some photos. :D

David

Paratom

Tom

Best

Woody
Congratulations Woody! good to hear everybody is doing fine. I am sure you are having a good sleep now.Tom

woodyspedden

O.K. Guys

Got one hour of sleep so time to get this going.

Landon is doing wonderfully as is my daughter Heather after a not so routine C Section.

The following images are pretty self explanatory. As is always the lighting in the O.R. is grim with super green fluorescents. So I mixed some flash lighting with the Leica SL 58 flash unit. Most images are at ISO 1250 (and I thought the S2 did a very respectable job at this level). A few are at ISO 320. I will get with the kids tomorrow to do better lighting and more professional results. But for now the S2 acquitted itself rather well IMHO as a moving actors P&S!

Comments welcome

Woody

tom in mpls

Congratulations! However, I think your tribulations with the lighting were a bit less than your wife's challenges.;) Glad that you're both doing well. And Heather's weight? She looks healthy!

Lloyd

From one "Papa" to another Woody, Congratulations. And to your daughter, son-in-law, and the new arrival.

woodyspedden

Congratulations! However, I think your tribulations with the lighting were a bit less than your wife's challenges.;) Glad that you're both doing well. And Heather's weight? She looks healthy!
Actually Tom she is my daughter. If you look at my photo you can see why I am having no more children (Four was enough)

Woody

tom in mpls

Oops...can't...get...my...foot...out...

Obviously I did a very poor job of reading the details. And it's not the first time I've done that.

Congrats, gramps!