The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Here are a few shots from a couple of weeks ago when I dropped by the state capitol in Madison to see what all of the demonstrations were about. I didn't realize they would still be continuing as the weeks have progressed. All were with the 70mm lens.

Paratom

Thanks Kurt and David.
The poor little girl has to compensate for my lack of time to go out shooting.

atanabe

Woody, I have been working on Al about the S2 to the point of sending him DNG files I took with my S2 and his Hasselblad 350mm. It is a good combination - not as good as the 350mm SA but still pretty good.

We are not giving up on you Al. Take a good long look in the ark. :D
I took a look and it was beautiful! Just found a deal on a used one in perfect shape. At my local, facilitator, pusher - dealer :D .

Will post images soon once the incisions heal for my kidney.

Al

I took a look and it was beautiful! Just found a deal on a used one in perfect shape. At my local, facilitator, pusher - dealer :D .

Will post images soon once the incisions heal for my kidney.

Al
Congratulations Al. :D You don't need both kidneys anyway. Now all you need is the Hasselblad to S2 adapter from David Farkas and you are set.

I hope you got the Leica 70mm with the S2 to have one autofocus lens. It is surprisingly flexible and produces excellent images.

atanabe

Congratulations Al. :D You don't need both kidneys anyway. Now all you need is the Hasselblad to S2 adapter from David Farkas and you are set.

I hope you got the Leica 70mm with the S2 to have one autofocus lens. It is surprisingly flexible and produces excellent images.
Yes, got the 70 in the package. I will test all of my lenses and see what lenses to keep out of the bunch. The 70 focuses nice and close, may hold off on the macro for now.

That's great news Al. Now we need to start planning a trip to get gang from the Germany trip back together. Hopefully we can get some more folks to come along as well (;);) David, Kurt, others).

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I think we should plan an S2 get together somewhere this spring or summer. Perhaps a long weekend? Maybe somewhere centrally located with great shooting possibilities. Thoughts anyone?

David K

Workshop Member
I think we should plan an S2 get together somewhere this spring or summer. Perhaps a long weekend? Maybe somewhere centrally located with great shooting possibilities. Thoughts anyone?
Been thinking the same thing. I think Woody is heading to Florida one of these days and Mark has expressed a desire to come back but I'd be down for anyplace with good shooting.

Paratom

Germany would be centrally (between Russia/China and America on the other side) ;)

Its a great idee even though I am afraid I wont be able to make the long trip to the US at the moment.

Its cool that there are more and more people shooting the S2 are posting here.

Paratom

Arif,
like allways I also like this one with its tonality a lot. looks a bit like an old large format image. Great!

atanabe

Arif,
Loved the Myanmar shot! The atmospheric haze really makes the shot work adding the sense of depth.