The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Last of the exploration of S2-P and P67 lenses for a bit....

Macro P67 100 Both Handheld...first at 1/15 second at 1/30 second

Pink Rose

Cam Hughes 188

Bob

docmoore

I took the time to lock the S2-P and P67 100 Macro down and shot a bit
on tripod....

Pink Rose

Orchids

Even at moderate distances the lens is will controlled.

Easter Theme 1

Bob

docmoore

... the lens is will controlled.
If only!

I meant well controlled.

David, thanks for the feedback. I received the 1:1 adapter for the lens and am looking forward to seeing how it images. It fits onto the front of the lens so no major changes to add or remove it.

Bob

GMB

I took the time to lock the S2-P and P67 100 Macro down and shot a bit
on tripod....

Pink Rose

Bob
I like this one a lot. Having printed S2 files, I can imagine how this would look in a print.
I got the S2 120 today. I just had a few minutes to play with it. Here is a gran shot from the garden, hand held. Nothing special (just to test the focus) and not comparable to Bob's shot.

And here a 100% crop. Detail is quite amazing

Georg

I really enjoy your around the house photos Bob. They have clean and simple look that I like. However, your Pink Rose photo is a notch above the others. Well done.

docmoore

The following is from the S2-P and P67 100 Macro F8 4 second exposure....

Two Roses

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Worked on a couple of S2-P Leica 70 S files today...

Caboose

Engine 771

Train Gauge Redux in BW

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

I like this one a lot. Having printed S2 files, I can imagine how this would look in a print.
I got the S2 120 today. I just had a few minutes to play with it. Here is a gran shot from the garden, hand held. Nothing special (just to test the focus) and not comparable to Bob's shot.

And here a 100% crop. Detail is quite amazing

Georg
Beg to differ Georg... the OOF part of your shot is stunning. It is so easy to blow out flower highlights, but all of the colors on your shot are so delicate. Very lovely capture...I may need to rethink my next major purchase. Glad the AF is working on this lens.

Bob

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Found a rugby match taking place on the lakefront while driving around today ... The boys from Milwaukee versus the boys from Chicago in a blood and mud match.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comment, David. It was quite unexpected to run into the match, but just goes to show you the importance (and flexibility) of being able to take the S2 with you everywhere.

In this instance, having the 180 (which I used for all of the shots) was perfect as these guys were so into what they were doing that they didn't even notice that I was standing at the edge of the playing field. That being said, I have no doubt that they would have absolutely crushed me under the scrum if I happened to get in the way.

Here are two more that I like.