The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

David, I kept looking for a beautiful women in your photo and all I saw was a nice peaceful scene - nice in its own right.

Al, I love the colors and pop in this image. The out of focus area looks very good as well. The 70mm is a darn good lens.

atanabe

David, I kept looking for a beautiful women in your photo and all I saw was a nice peaceful scene - nice in its own right.

Al, I love the colors and pop in this image. The out of focus area looks very good as well. The 70mm is a darn good lens.
Don't know if I will get a 120, the 70 focuses plenty close for me. Now if someone wants to give one to me . . . :D

David K

Workshop Member
Al, gorgeous colors in that shot... but probably would have been better with the 120 :)

Mark, still shooting pretty girls but more with the Nikon than the S2 unless it's going to be something special.

gogopix

Subscriber
...and David, when you explain to the pretty girls that they only deserve a Nikon, not the S2, they say (do) what???:ROTFL:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Sometimes, you anticipate a potential photo opportunity, wait for it to happen and it never materializes. But other times, it unfolds just as you hoped it would.

Paratom

Pops right off the background! :thumbup:

When I first looked at this I thought the kid was jumping in the air.

-Marc
I also thought that it looked very 3d.
The 120 is really an amazing lens. And even though its sharp I find it doesnt look clinical at all. I find myself carrying it a lot.
Even though I sometimes like a little longer focal length the 120 fits so good in between 70 and 180 that it could cover 80% of what I want to do with the other 2 lenses. Means I often jst carry 35 and 120mm as a 2 lens set.
Tom

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Nice, Tom!

GMB, I grabbed a couple of similar shots yesterday with the 120 and underexposed them a bit to get a particular look I was trying to achieve with shallow depth of field.

Kurt

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Very nice shots guys. I used the 120 myself the other night at the studio... just need to work up a few images before posting.

Paratom

Georg,
very creamy and stil sharp where it needs to be sharp.
Kurt, interesting effect and S/W for a flower shot works much better than I would have expected.

Paratom

Thanks Peter.
The S-System is great IMO, I love the lenses, I really like the viewfinder, the camera feels fast, intuitive, the weight balance between lenses and body works very well, the menues and user interface is simple and easy. The only thing I see room for improvement is price ;) (In the end they have a unique product, they put a lot of effort in it, the lens values are stable, so I think its ok if Leica asks that price).

GMB

Tom and David,

Very nice shots.

BTW, I came to the conclusion that you have to print the files to really appreciate them. Even the relatively large web versions on this forum do cannot do them justice.

Georg