The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Taylor Sherman

Victor, On your screen shot, the photo looks fine and very different from the photo posted above. So I assume it must have to do with the export function. BTW, I see the same differences on my office computer, my Apple labtop, and my iPad.

Georg
Firefox = super over-exposed and washed out

IE = look great

Don't know if it's a color-space issue or what.

I've seen this another time, someone's night cityscape was really posterized in Firefox but looked good in IE.

GMB

Taylor thanks for posting this. I compared Safari and Firefox and, indeed, in Safari everything looks great. I was really wondering why no one else was seeing the washed out photos that I saw in Firefox.

StephenPatterson

Very, very nice. This thread is so dangerous. On my last visit to HK my friend and I stopped off at the Leica store to shoot some in shop portraits. A very bad idea.

I will be watching with great interest to see what Leica has in store for the S2, as there are lots of rumblings about a price reduction ahead of the S3.

Shashin

The S2 has the greatest defense against me buying one--price. And no, that is no good as I only have one kidney already.

GMB

I thought I post this one here rather than in the fun with MF thread.

S2 70mm, tripod. Yellowstone canyon.

D&A

The S2 has the greatest defense against me buying one--price. And no, that is no good as I only have one kidney already.
Wow Shashin,

I never thought I'd hear you express these thoughts (interest in the S2 as lovely as it is, espcially it's lenses). I always thought you held the 645D in high enough regard...almost sacrid...and I can't blame you either! :)

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

Wow Shashin,

I never thought I'd hear you express these thoughts (interest in the S2 as lovely as it is, espcially it's lenses). I always thought you held the 645D in high enough regard...almost sacrid...and I can't blame you either! :)

Dave (D&A)
I do hold the 645D in high regard, but I also hold a whole bunch of cameras in high regard. I guess the thing about the 645D is it is underrated--I have heard a lot of folks poo-poo the camera for not very good reasons and so I champion the camera more than I normally would. Although it does look like a pig with the A 35mm on it.

The S2 is a special camera and the only SLR built from the ground up--everything else is based on an existing film format.

D&A

I do hold the 645D in high regard, but I also hold a whole bunch of cameras in high regard. I guess the thing about the 645D is it is underrated--I have heard a lot of folks poo-poo the camera for not very good reasons and so I champion the camera more than I normally would. Although it does look like a pig with the A 35mm on it.

The S2 is a special camera and the only SLR built from the ground up--everything else is based on an existing film format.
I agree with your stated thoughts almost to the letter. Both cameras are to be admired but for different reasons and I am extremely impressed with both with each having strengths and weaknesses when all factors are taken into account. But really, a "pig"? How insensitive...maybe more like a loveable pygmy hippo :).

Dave (D&A)

chrism

Here are a few images from last week - tracking mountain gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda (S2 + Apo Summarit 120mm)
I feel rather like this on waking in the morning, but after I have got my bearings I realise I ought to look like this:

Wonderful.

Chris

D&A

I feel rather like this on waking in the morning, but after I have got my bearings I realise I ought to look like this:

Wonderful.

Chris
I keep coming back to these shots too. Terrific images on many levels. Additionally many other S2 images to admire in this thread.

Dave (D&A)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
With all of the talk of the Monochrom dominating the Leica chatter, I thought that I'd add a few black and white images with the S2 to remind everyone that the S2 can still deliver the goods. ;)

Kurt