The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

baudolino

This thread seems to be asleep. Here are a few pictures from Guadeloupe taken this week. I liked the stormy weather at the Pointe des Chateaux; didn't look much like a tropical island. The last one is the Bois de Jolan beach, our favourite.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Old capture redone in Mono.....Not paradise but a nice change from the local environ....

Leica S2-P P67 300 EDIF

Heron Fishing at Lake's Edge

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here they are very shy...wonderfully still and patient fishers.

I was pleased to see him presented this way in the picture, as that is how I usually find them. They spook very easily, I feel lucky if I get more than a few frames before they fly off.

Bob

D&A

"S" for Smart Dog ;)

At first I thought he was staring lovingly at your "S"...but as we all know, it was the full size roast beef bone dangling just behind it :). Guess the "S" really does stand for "Smart" dog in this instance. Cute too! Nice portrait!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Petster

Haven't used the S for quite some time, but when going to Africa, you need color. :)

Pictures taken during a visit of a school in Namibia.

If one would like to see and read more, just follow this link.

Cheers,
Pete

Haven't used the S for quite some time, but when going to Africa, you need color. :)

Pictures taken during a visit of a school in Namibia.

If one would like to see and read more, just follow this link.

Cheers,
Pete
Pete: Very, very nice set, but particularly like #3: marvellous composition with those lines, perspective, colors and last but not least content. Really great! :clap:

Petster

Thanks to all of you.

Pete: Very, very nice set, but particularly like #3: marvellous composition with those lines, perspective, colors and last but not least content. Really great! :clap:
Thanks a lot. I must admit this was a lucky shot. Everything has come together here.

Brilliant photos, Pete! Hmmmmmm, should I get an S2?
You should. They have become really "affordable".

Great images, please show us more. I agree that the S2 is the ideal camera for a trip to Africa :)
:) Yes. You have a private mail. I have some questions regarding Uganda.

Lovely photos, Pete! Maybe it's time to break out the S2 more often.
You are right Kurt. The thing is that the Monochrom is so simple to walk around compared to the S but I'm always stunned when seeing the S files. Detail, color, rendering, tonality... really a league of its own and not mentioning how elastic these files are.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Pete