The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

aCIDfire

Re: ICELAND

From a trip with Josh Holko and Daniel Bergmann to Iceland this past
July.

Rudlin Fine Art | ICELAND

Thanks for looking.

The leica is remarkable, even in low light, and the 120macro lens is superb
for capturing the detail of the ice. I have 40x60" prints that let you
feel like you are walking on the lava fields or on the glacier.

craig

craig rudlin
Rudlin Fine Art
[email protected]
Superb pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Damn I finally get to post in this forum thread.

Leica S with 30-90 zoom. I will figure out the best way to process these images. I shot all day with it and i do not use Lightroom and bringing them into C1 and i will build a nice style to handle them but it does look nice and a fun cam to shoot. Oh my muscles are much better with it too. A little heavy with that zoom but that lens is a major sweet heart. Shot at ISO 400

Heck one more as you can see its always about the food. Shot at 30mm

Paratom

Damn I finally get to post in this forum thread.

Leica S with 30-90 zoom. I will figure out the best way to process these images. I shot all day with it and i do not use Lightroom and bringing them into C1 and i will build a nice style to handle them but it does look nice and a fun cam to shoot. Oh my muscles are much better with it too. A little heavy with that zoom but that lens is a major sweet heart.
Welcome home !) remember -you once liked Leica...later medium format... then dslr... now you can have all three in one package....thats pay one get three !)

Guy Mancuso

I always liked Leica it was more a matter of what fit me the best. The S is finally in my mind ready for prime time. Good assortment of glass and all the kinks worked out. And the Leica S rep is a really nice lady, I enjoyed hanging with her for the week.

Stuart Richardson

Cool shots Guy! Look forward to seeing more from the 30-90 too...
Here are two from this afternoon. An emergency hut, and an elderly lady walking a bunch of scotties in the lava. They seemed pretty excited about it.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I always liked Leica it was more a matter of what fit me the best. The S is finally in my mind ready for prime time. Good assortment of glass and all the kinks worked out. And the Leica S rep is a really nice lady, I enjoyed hanging with her for the week.
NOW you tell us...could have filled a couple more weeks with that alone.

Nice to see the S in good hands...

Bob

peterv

Nice to see you work with an S, Guy. I like the colors in the second image. Maybe when you find the time you could write a more elaborate report on your findings at the workshop? How does the S compare with the test you and Jack did a few years ago? Perhaps in a different thread so as not to pollute this image-thread ...

Kind regards, Peter

Guy Mancuso

I am being sent a full kit from Leica in a few weeks and going to do another review of it but off hand its a lot better than our old review. C1 is still a challenge with the files. I just did this in C1 and i kind of like the look of it. it may not be critically correct but artistically I like it. End of day the artistic side wins.
Shot with the 30-90 about 43mm framing

Guy Mancuso

This is with the 30-90 at 30mm . This one I processed in C1, the light is very soft and most of Maine the lighting was soft. When i test it again it will be here in Arizona with much stronger light. Right off the bat i can tell you this the lenses are very sharp and crisp with a lot of detail. The dang 30-90 is pretty special. My thoughts are a 24, 30-90 120 and 180 kit would cover just about everything. This image i did correct the keystoning from the natural perspective correction when looking up at your subject.

Guy Mancuso

I also liked the 180 lens a lot as well. The 120 hunts just that simple but still a fine lens.

180 shot here at 5.6