The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

baudolino

Here is a shot taken in March last year in the port of Marin, Martinique, during a tropical downpour. I reprocessed it in B&W today. S2 with Summarit 70.

menos

Thanks Peter! Yes pre-focussing with the adapted long lenses on the S2 is mandatory to get used to ;-) It was great fun to go a couple decades back, normally shooting this with AF Nikkors, but well worth it.
The S2 sensor at base ISO and with a lens long enough really delivers! It looks so much different from the Nikon files.

Here is some more, I think all shot @ 600mm with the 300/2.8 + TC:

Paratom

I saw this tree several times when riding MTB...today I finally walked up there and took some images.
I am not sure if b&w or color is better?
I now try to post the images with a link to flickr and hope for better sharpness.

Last edited:

Paratom

for some reason the images I posted look soft while the original files look much better on my computer.Wonder what I did wrong

peterv

Tom, I too see this softness appear in images when I post here. Don't know what it is, but it's certainly keeping me from posting more often.
Anyway, I like the color version best, more depth in the image. Oh well, it's all personal preference ...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
for some reason the images I posted look soft while the original files look much better on my computer.Wonder what I did wrong
What settings?

Try 1200 Long edge landscape, 850 Long edge portrait....144 DPI JPG at highest res...so a 12 on save.

This is from PS CC worked with PS CS4,5,6

Bob

Paratom

What settings?

Try 1200 Long edge landscape, 850 Long edge portrait....144 DPI JPG at highest res...so a 12 on save.

This is from PS CC worked with PS CS4,5,6

Bob
Thanks Bob,
I didnt do much different. My downsized jpg on the computer looks fine, as soon as I post it it looks not good here. If I put it on phase it seems to look even worse ;(