The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

baudolino

Haven't done much else for the past week than going to nice Corsican beaches with my little boys. Palombaggia beach, near Porto Vecchio, south Corsica. S2/30-90, polariser

kimyeesan

I have sold off my Leica S 006 + a few lens in order to go into Alpa system with a 80mega pixel back.... regret it every single day.
I am going to buy back into this system!! The best orm factor I have ever used for medium format!

S70mm CS

S30-90mm

topoxforddoc

S 006 with Leica 280/4 APO Telyt R & 1.4x APO converter with Lei-ko adapter ring.

Mark Webber in Jackie Stewart's World Championship winning Matra F1 car - Goodwood Revival on Saturday.

aCIDfire

erlingmm: I´d like to see some side to side comparison of 100/2 with Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 on f/2.2 :)

kimyeesan: Great shots in your post #1889, I like especially the first portrait with 70 CS, which f-stop did you use?
Thanks, Mark

My son´s first leporelo/folding picture-book/ :)

Leica S2 + Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 WO

GMB

Almost 4 years ago, fellow GetDPI member paratom sent me a PM that his Leica dealer in German had a S2 for sale at an attractive price (that was when these cameras were difficult to find). A couple of weeks later, my wife and I met Tom and his family when I picked up my S2 at his dealer. In the years that followed, I spent a small fortune at that dealer.

Two weeks a ago, Tom sent me an email that his dealer had an S(006) again at a very attractive price. Here is the proof that my new toy has arrived (no: its not a copy of my latest bank statement :eek: First shot is of my patient and understanding wife--both as a model and as a supporter of my purchases; the second of our less patient dog, who btw is still way to fast for the improved autofocus :ROTFL:.

Anyway, I could not be happier with the new S. Thanks again, Tom, for having pointed me to that offer.

The only sad thing is that my trusted S2 will soon appear on the WTS section of this site. I really can't justify two bodies.

Thomas73

Hi Georg,

So, what is your feedback about the improvements with S 006 ? I am hesitating between a used S2/S2-P and a new S 006 with a "promotional" price (before the S-E comes). But, even at a special price, the S 006 remains much more expensive. So, is this extra money worth spending? I am wondering if a S2/S2-P with the latest firmware just released by Leica would not be that behind...

As a Hasselblad user, I am also hesitating with the H5D-40, which is currently offered at a promotional price by Hasselblad (rebate of 38%!!)... :banghead:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

GMB

Thomas, I think it's a very personal thing. Whether the difference between the two cameras is worth the extra money depends on what you shoot, how often you shoot, how much you would pay for an S2 and an S (006), how much disposable money you have etc. When the S (006) came out, I decided that the difference was not worth the extra money and I held that view until I received an offer for a S (006) which was simply too good to refuse (and because I don't see myself buying the S (007). At just the promotion rebate of 4k Euros off the normal list price, I would not have bought the S (006).

I have used the S (006) only one afternoon and don't have enough experience to form a view how much better it is. The autofocus feels faster, but then again the S2 has recently improved quite significantly and the S (006) still is not anywhere close to a Canikon. So all is relative. And I have been very happy with my S2.

I think that Marc is now shooting with both cameras and he may have a more informed view.

Can't comment on the Hasselblad, but it seems a different beast altogether.

Thomas73

Georg, I shoot street photography, landscape & sometimes portraits. I could have a very used S2-P for 8k Euros while the (new) S 006 would be at 13k Euros (I am assigned in a foreign country outside Europe for my job, so I can have the VAT returned...).