The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

fotografz

My CS120 just succumbed to the same issue. Whirling noises, no AF. Then it does it every time I mount the lens. Had to remove the battery to stop it.

Went bad of right in the middle of a studio shoot with an expensive model ... Grrrrr.

- Marc

aCIDfire

My CS120 just succumbed to the same issue. Whirling noises, no AF. Then it does it every time I mount the lens. Had to remove the battery to stop it.

Went bad of right in the middle of a studio shoot with an expensive model ... Grrrrr.

- Marc
I had the same issue with non-CS 120 and 35/2.5 in November 2014 and wrote about it on redotforum including my video with 120/2.5 but didn´t have time to send it to Solms yet :( Hope I´ll do that soon. For you as a professional photographer they can provide another piece of 120/2.5 while the faulty one will be repaired.
My lenses are out of warranty so I hope it won´t cost too much as it´s not rare problem of one lens but it´s almost a manufacture defect which affect most of 120´s :(

aDam007

I hope they fix the issue. Nobody should have to deal with that, especially not "pro" gear users.

Some random images (double post on FM), these were JPG files with slight contrast adjustments (don't like how flat the S006 files are). I shot DNG also, and will get around to playing with those files later:

Last edited:

aDam007

PROBLEM... I took about 500 frames so far, and out of 500 frames 3-4 of them turned out like this... Memory card problem, or camera problem?

Stuart Richardson

I have never seen anything like that in three years with two S2 bodies and one S body...my first bet would be the memory card. Have you asked your dealer or Leica? Have you tried a different card? What kind of card is it?

anGy

I had a sensor crash on my S2 a few months ago. It looked like this (more magenta).
The main difference (if I understood you well) is that it suddenly happened and never disappeared until Leica installed a new sensor (for free).

aDam007

No basically I shot for 2 hours. It happened twice in the first 15 minutes and then twice at the one hour mark. Then didn't happen again. Same area of the frame, but varying degrees of that green.

I'm guessing it's memory card related. I have the newest Sandisk SD cards 32gb. Shooting raw + jpg. I also have the CF cards in 64gb but I didn't have them in my camera at the time, because I left my CF card reader in Singapore :p

Will send the files off to Leica, see what they have to say. After my lens incident, I'm not impressed. **** happens, so let's hope it's isolated.

aCIDfire

aDam007: I have S2 1.5 years and it appeared almost the same about 2-3 times mostly shooting directly against the sun. I don´t know if it can be caused by a memory card, I´am using 32GB Transcend UDMA7 (400x). It´ll be interesting what they tell you at Leica, let us know.

aDam007

The blue image looks far different then the problem I'm facing. Like aCIDfire mentioned, it only happened when I was shooting into the sun.

Weird. Will see what Leica says. But I don't want to change out my camera for something that may not happen again. I'd rather keep the 6month NEW swap for a serious issue (if one develops).

aDam007

msadat - I emailed Leica.. The response was weird. Basically "your sensor is broken, please give me your address" and that was it. Weird thing is.. It happened on 4-5 images out of the 800 I've shot so far. I'd rather hold onto it, incase there is a bigger problem. I don't want them to send me a complementary new camera and have it be all sorts of worse. Unless of course they wanna send me a S-007 :D

msadat

you r in la, so u can send it to leica usa and let them check it out. it could be the sensor the the pcb board (motherboard).

aDam007

Hi guys,

What flashes work with the S-006?
I know the SF-58 does. But do any of the other Metz flashes work? I only ask because a lot of companies post that they work (metz, nissan) but when I tried them on my M240, I could only do manual mode. So I don't wanna buy a flash for the S-006 and have it only work in manual mode (even though I mainly shoot my Canons in manual mode, I still like the option of using TTL).