The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

anGy

I have the 24mm for a year now and still amazed how sharp it is (found f6.8 the sweat spot between center and borders sharpness)

peterv

Yes AnGy, I think that's about right. I'm sure after f6.8-f8.0 diffraction kicks in, but I wanted to see as much DOF is possible. I guess f8.0 would have been sufficient, too.

RVB

Hi Rob, I'd be interested to hear what made you decide to go for the 007?

Me, I'm going to wait and see, although I'm liking the specs on paper very much. Business is slow here so I don't have the funds available at the moment and I have a lot of other things that I have to take care of, so I have little time left for my photography, unfortunately.

Kind regards, Peter
Peter I wanted the live view for using in low light on a tripod,I've had many misses with the AF,I also hope to see a change in firmware which allows long exposure without DF,one of the Leica reps said they would consider this.

Last but not least is the higher ISO ability and WIFI,the USB 3 connection for tethering is another benefit.

Upgrading is expensive but I sold the 006 in the UK and sterling is strong against the Euro at the moment which gave me a good price,if I kept it for another year I would have got a lot less for it,the balance I raised from selling the last of my Hasselblad glass.(Only H lens I have left is the HC 100 but no need for that now with the S100 cron ;-) )

When It arrives (I've no idea when) we can meet up if you want to try it out!!

Rob

peterv

Peter I wanted the live view for using in low light on a tripod,I've had many misses with the AF,I also hope to see a change in firmware which allows long exposure without DF,one of the Leica reps said they would consider this.

Last but not least is the higher ISO ability and WIFI,the USB 3 connection for tethering is another benefit.
All good points, Rob. If I had lots of dough right now, I'd certainly be on the waiting list. In spite of all the CDD-CMOS wars. Mind you, my S2-P gives me excellent results, it's just that I'd like to find out first hand about all the goodies the 007 will bring. For me, the ability to shoot at high(-er) ISO's > shorter shutter speeds in low light would be very welcome. A new camera with 3 year warranty would give me peace of mind, too.

When It arrives (I've no idea when) we can meet up if you want to try it out!!
That would be great, hope to see you soon!

GMB: love that last shot. Especially since I also love Mallorca, it's a fantastic island. This photo makes me want to go there immediately!

aCIDfire

OK guys this thread is not moving forward, so here are some family portraits with Leica S2 + Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 hope you enjoy:)

..and this one with Summarit S-35/2.5 wide open from opposite place looking at previous pictures..

Paratom

One more. Shot in Mallorca over Easter. Zoom @30 mm with pol filter.

Hi Georg,
looking at your images and my behaviour of not carrying more than 2 max.3 lenses makes me considering to replace some of my primes with the zoom eventually.

aDam007

Nice images guys!

Does anyone wanna add any user reports on the 100/2-S. I'm curious to hear thoughts about focusing accuracy, speed, reliability, etc.

Thanks!

tjv

Has anyone heard when the new 007 will hit the streets? I can't afford to buy one – committed to another dream! – but as far as a DMF SLR goes, the S body is a dream. Just looking forward to seeing how the tweaked CMOSIS CMOS chip performs with the S glass, especially compared to the competition.