The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

aDam007

http://issuu.com/dailyfrontrow/docs/dailysummer_07142015

Cover and cover story shot with the Leica S 006 S70 S100 CS120 and the S180.

Cover plus pages 55 through 72 are all shot with the S, page 67 is the S with S100 mounted.

Ciao,
G

NICE!
If you will.. What lens?
Right side of page 57 so 58 (three ppl shot)
Left side of 63 (two ppl posed)
Right side of page 71 so 72 (girl sitting down)

Thanks!

BTW, you tend to have pretty close lenses specifically 80 and 96.. Do you find them to close? And when do you use one over the other? Why would you choose one over the other?

Giorgio

Page 55/56 is shot with the S70 lens at about f5.6 for the extended DoF.
Page 57 and page 58 are both the excellent S180 stopped down one click or open.
Page 63 is the S180. Page 64 is the S100 stopped down for DoF.
Page 71 & 72 are both the S180.
I tend to use the lens that suits the situation, but I always try to use the lens that will make the photo most compelling and dramatic photo.

I'm happy that you liked the photos.
Ciao,

aDam007

Page 55/56 is shot with the S70 lens at about f5.6 for the extended DoF.
Page 57 and page 58 are both the excellent S180 stopped down one click or open.
Page 63 is the S180. Page 64 is the S100 stopped down for DoF.
Page 71 & 72 are both the S180.
I tend to use the lens that suits the situation, but I always try to use the lens that will make the photo most compelling and dramatic photo.

I'm happy that you liked the photos.
Ciao,
Photos were really nice.. Seems I like the 180S :D

Giorgio

Leica S 006 + 100S lens
ISO 200
F 2.4
1/500th

Shot in full shade, mid day sunny skies.
This lens is fascinating to me, it actually delivers as promised.

PS, There is no retouching here, just a processed file out of camera.

Attachments

Last edited:

aDam007

Leica S 006 + 100S lens
ISO 200
F 2.4
1/500th

Shot in full shade, mid day sunny skies.
This lens is fascinating to me, it actually delivers as promised.

PS, There is no retouching here, just a processed file out of camera.

Nice shot.. The 100S is growing on me the more I use it. Much like the 120APO did, but the 100S love is growing at a much slower rate.
Now I need to decide between the 35S and 45S..

ddanois

Nice shot.. The 100S is growing on me the more I use it. Much like the 120APO did, but the 100S love is growing at a much slower rate.
Now I need to decide between the 35S and 45S..
Adam,

i have been reading your review and comments of the S 007 with great interest. Do you find the S100 to be as sharp as the 120APO? How accurate was the autofocus on the S-100 with the new camera?

im debating getting back in to the S platform as the CMOS tech seems to open up the usability in natural lighting more so than I experienced with the S 006.

Thanks,
Derek

aDam007

Adam,

i have been reading your review and comments of the S 007 with great interest. Do you find the S100 to be as sharp as the 120APO? How accurate was the autofocus on the S-100 with the new camera?

im debating getting back in to the S platform as the CMOS tech seems to open up the usability in natural lighting more so than I experienced with the S 006.

Thanks,
Derek
Hi Derek,

Sent you a PM in response to your PM.
Hope it helps!

M

mjr

You are right Mark, I've been really busy and had little time for just enjoying walking about with the camera. I grabbed an hour this morning, really stormy, rainy and generally miserable out, perfect! Nothing special I'm afraid, just handheld grab shot.

Autumn has also fully settled in here, soon be snowing.

M

mjr

Afternoon

A little light aurora in the sky last night so testing high ISO on the 007, it's pretty amazing. Only a test shot but for ISO1600 at 8 seconds this is pretty good.

M

mjr

It's the 24mm, I was going to try the 35 at f2.5 to see what the extra light would do but the results at 800 and 1600 on the 24 at 3.5 are so good I didn't bother. I have to say that even though there is obviously going to be noise on these exposures, it is very fine and there is just no loss of detail, it really is quite amazing. These were very mild aurora, visible to the eye but nowhere near as strong as we get here most of the time, I think a strong display will see shots at 1 or 2 seconds long and should be excellent.

Are you still resisting??

Here's one from earlier on in the evening before the clouds came in heavier..

Paratom

Beautiful images!
I have checked out the S007 this afternoon for some time. I have to say that the possibility to shoot up to ISO1600 with good detail does expand the possibilities/flexibility of the system. The high DR would be welcome as well.

M

mjr

A little more aurora here tonight, still getting to grips with the 007 but it captures really good images at night.

M

mjr

Evening!

I'm finding the 007 just brilliant for aurora shots, this quick grab from the centre of the bridge over the river just down the road from my house, balanced on the roof of the car, 2 second delay and captured a corona.