The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

jlm

Workshop Member
006 with the V-blad 40mm.

i must have a knob and dial fetish...

Monarch 10EE lathe, 1947 vintage in daily use

Regal Leblonde lathe, in regular use:

loaded tool turret on the Okuma CNC lathe:

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
a few quickies:
sunset, reversed, looking east from my little balcony:

candie case at Dean and Deluca:

M

mjr

How are you finding the S then jlm?

Here are a couple of sunrise shots to complement your sunset.

And looking the other way..

jlm

Workshop Member
When the lathe is running a program, that turret rotates to put the correct tool in position (and it rotates FAST), and then the entire turret and slide whizzes up to the work about as fast as you could move your hand from side to side. The turret and slide must weigh 1200 lbs and it will hold 0.0005" tolerance
Amazing machine

Last edited:

justalexander

Can someone please tell me how to post full size images on this size? Every image I post gets downsized by the system effectively turning razor sharp images into smartphone quality images.

Thanks in advance

justalexander

Okay... just discovered images are limited to 2400px which I uploaded but images still appear to be compressed with no control over the compression quality.

So I've had the camera just over 12 hours and havnt tried anything serious, just having fun testing the quality of the files including dynamic range sharpness etc... 30-90mm at 30mm F8 11 seconds. The starbursts are beautiful and the quality is just jaw dropping. These uploads don't do it justice!!!

I've straightened and cropped in photoshop.

Attachments

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Try 1200 px on the long side landscape and 800 portrait with your own
downsizing and the compression may be less apparent.

An older S2-P Leica but to show how 1200 works...

1200 X 800

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I agree that with this cropping the color is a bit better ... however the foreground lightness - reflection of the clouds
does not benefit the B&W which is superb.

Perhaps a crop like this is what I imagined for B&W ...

Attachments