The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

thrice

Crime scene or self portrait. That is me on the beach.
Haha love it! I would be weary of someone pinching the camera, but I guess you would have scoped out the location first.

Did someone mention the cold? Allegedly it was the coldest night in the SW of England for the last 50 years :eek:
Mike, I REALLY like the one with the rakes abandoned on the bunkers! :)

otumay

Daniel, your latest post is a gem!

In a much different and amateur level, I've been toying with the concepts of flux and movement. A few examples are here, the rest on flickr. M8 with 28 'cron.

m_driscoll

Did someone mention the cold? Allegedly it was the coldest night in the SW of England for the last 50 years
Local golf course, M8/50 'cron/thermals

Regards
Mike
Mike: Nice series. Welcome to global warming (if you believe in it; if not just ignore this comment please). (insert salute here)

Ceh: Great composition with the IF wall ending and the OOF to the right.

The 35 Lux ASPH & M9; more images here.
John: Beautiful color, shadow, composition and texture. Railroad water tank? (insert salute here)

Wow, lovely Matt!
Ashwin: Thank you, my friend. :thumbup:

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Charles & Steve for the earlier comments:)
35CronIV.
Joe
Joe: Nicely seen and captured. :salute:

So much good work lately, I promise to have a better look and comment soon, just been a bit hectic lately.
Shot a Volvo C30 tonight. Keep in mind, cars are *NOT* my genre, I have basically NFI what I'm doing nor what the rules/conventions for car photography are. Regardless, they came out ok I think. That's my dad in the driver's seat :p

[/IMG]
Daniel: You're father's sitting on the wrong side! Nice color and detail. Lighting looks good, although not sure if there's too much on your father's face? Answer isn't in my skill set. Looks "ad-worthy" to me. (insert dbl thumbsup here)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

In a much different and amateur level, I've been toying with the concepts of flux and movement. A few examples are here, the rest on flickr. M8 with 28 'cron.
Osman: Nice toying! This one and L1008309C1 (third photo, here; but in color on your flckr site) are my favorites. Do you think it's better with motion blur and discernible vibration in the image; or blur/vibration contrasted against IF parts of the image? Also beautiful sunset photos with the Tall Ship on your Flickr site. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Very nice, Osman. The sense of motion is strong here, especially in the first one.

Lloyd

So much good work lately, I promise to have a better look and comment soon, just been a bit hectic lately.
Shot a Volvo C30 tonight. Keep in mind, cars are *NOT* my genre, I have basically NFI what I'm doing nor what the rules/conventions for car photography are. Regardless, they came out ok I think. That's my dad in the driver's seat :p
This is great, Daniel! I really like your result, and I particularly like that the light on your father's face is not all "perfect". I think it adds realism and drama to the image. Well done. :clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

Duke...

M9, 90 Cron asph:)
Duke is beautiful. What's the dog's name. :D

Actually, what strikes me is how strong the separation is here between the subject and the background. Almost looks like a composite image. Impressive.

thrice

Osman, Matt and Lloyd, thanks guys :)
Osman, I really enjoy seeing movement in shots, adds another dimension. Good stuff!

CharlesK

Amazing shots guys!!!
Daniel, love the shot of the car with your dad. Very nice portraits too!!!
Osman, great movement in the shots, very abstract and interesting :)
John, very nice shot. I really like the tonality in the shot.
Ceh, great series of shots... including your S2 shots. :)
Lloyd, very nice nature closeup shots. Love the detail. :)
Steve, very nice shot of Duke!

Some shots with 50 Lux and M9 :)

Lloyd

Some shots with 50 Lux and M9 :)

Thanks Charles.

Nice shots. The first on is interesting (I do like the processing), but the second one... now that's the face of experience. Great portrait. Thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

otumay

Osman: Nice toying! This one and L1008309C1 (third photo, here; but in color on your flckr site) are my favorites. Do you think it's better with motion blur and discernible vibration in the image; or blur/vibration contrasted against IF parts of the image? Also beautiful sunset photos with the Tall Ship on your Flickr site. :salute:

Cheers, Matt
Thank you Matt, your input is much appreciated. I preferred (not for technical or aesthetic reasons) motion blur at near-field and discernible vibration in distant objects, as this was the actual case on the ship; I was standing very close to the propellers.

otumay

Steve, Lloyd, Daniel and Charles: Thank you gratefully!

Charles, spectacular shots with the 50 Lux, especially the one in color!