The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Peter Klein

It appears I wasn't the only one in Jerusalem recently. :) MagicFM, great pictures at the Western Wall. The evening I went to the Wall, there were fewer people, so I concentrated on the intimate (See my Israel pics earlier in this thread).

This photo was taken in the archaeological tunnel that runs along the underground portion of the Wall. The woman is praying at the spot believed to be nearest the Holy of Holies. M8 and the old 35/1.4 Lux Asph, unavailable light and many people at my elbows, all trying to touch the Wall.

--Peter

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Up at 4:30 today to get out and shoot sunrise at the Bayon temple at Angkor Wat... This is the one with well-preserved iconic face towers. It was really, really cool the way the rising sun played with the faces; each time I looked around there were new images everywhere. Like a kid in a candy store!

Also shot a bunch of stuff and am experimenting with exposure blending... still not too happy with the results - although it's getting better. Hard to not to get either flat or garish (or both!) results.

Cron 75, cron 75, Tele-Elmar 135, WATE

otumay

WOWOWOW. AMAZING SHOTS. Can't believe I haven't posted any images on the latest image thread, and it's been 10 pages worth of amazing captures. This is the busiest time of year for work, where photography time runs dry and work consumes my time voraciously. Anyways, here are a few shots from recent times with friends and family:

And one just for fun ; )
Ashwin, this shot speaks volumes! Lovely!

steflaurent974

Jan: All three are great! After 26 hours of travel, I'm not sure i could focus. I'm, also, liking the last one because it doesn't have any recognizable meat and it's a terrific B & W. The women's very nicely capture.:thumbup:

Stefane: Great composition and dog pant. PP's cool. :thumbup:

A Blurb book would be cool! Have you considered the content and format? One picture from each contributor? White background? Alphabetical order, age before beauty, or random pick? Who assembles it? An ftp site, or someplace, to upload images to and then insert into the book would be useful. A pdf proof could be loaded into the same ftp site for review by the contributors...

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Matt I hadn't think of the how-to ! That's quite difficult let's create a thread and thinktank !
I do it now.

shtarka1

Steve, great shot! Love the play of light and shadow :)
Amen bro. You are teeing 'em up, and knockin' 'em out of sight!!:bugeyes:
Steve: Thank you! :D

Steve: Great light and shadow. The vague people in the background looking towards the camera; the kids sitting on the stones; the wine bottle, flower and miniature table; the paving stone; the bronze medallion. Very mysterious and ritualistic! Excellent conception(?) and photo! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Charles,Lloyd & Matt, Thanks Very Much!

shtarka1

WOWOWOW. AMAZING SHOTS. Can't believe I haven't posted any images on the latest image thread, and it's been 10 pages worth of amazing captures. This is the busiest time of year for work, where photography time runs dry and work consumes my time voraciously. Anyways, here are a few shots from recent times with friends and family:

And one just for fun ; )
Tremendous Set...Every One, However This One Is Precious Uncle Ash!!!:D:thumbup:

shtarka1

It appears I wasn't the only one in Jerusalem recently. :) MagicFM, great pictures at the Western Wall. The evening I went to the Wall, there were fewer people, so I concentrated on the intimate (See my Israel pics earlier in this thread).

This photo was taken in the archaeological tunnel that runs along the underground portion of the Wall. The woman is praying at the spot believed to be nearest the Holy of Holies. M8 and the old 35/1.4 Lux Asph, unavailable light and many people at my elbows, all trying to touch the Wall.

--Peter
Up at 4:30 today to get out and shoot sunrise at the Bayon temple at Angkor Wat... This is the one with well-preserved iconic face towers. It was really, really cool the way the rising sun played with the faces; each time I looked around there were new images everywhere. Like a kid in a candy store!

Also shot a bunch of stuff and am experimenting with exposure blending... still not too happy with the results - although it's getting better. Hard to not to get either flat or garish (or both!) results.

Gentlemen....Stellar!:salute:

Lloyd

And one just for fun ; )
And a couple more from the vault:

Holy Cats!! Ashwin... dude... I don't even know where to start! These are all amazing... seriously. The two I've included here really stood out for me. That one with you is priceless.

Lloyd

--Peter
This is a wonderful, intimate image, Peter. One of my favorites on this thread. Thank you for sharing.

Lloyd

Great stuff, Jan. Love this one especially. :salute: