The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

More nice work, regardless of the lens!

I have had a VC 75/2.5 Heliar for a number of years, and it's a wonderful little lens. I think it might be better appreciated if it cost a couple thousand $$. I've been curious about the new VC 75/1.8, and your shots have me very tempted, for sure. Looks like a winner. (I enjoyed your shots in the Flickr set too)

The other set, taken at the fire station is nice as well, BTW.

Thanks, Lloyd for you kind words.

I recently sold my copy of the VC 75/2.5 to help with funding the purchase of the M8.2. It is definitely a winner and produces great shots, I did love the lens. It is much smaller, 9.3 vs 15 ounces & filter size of 43 vs 52mm then the 75/1.8 and for most folks would fit more into the rangefinder type of lens. The additional lowlight capability of the 75/1.8 is more of an interest to me and that is why I bought it. In Seattle we have the long dark days of winter to match the long days of light in the summer so for me the 75/1.8 is the choice.

As an FYI ~ The Medic One photos were taken at Harborview Medical Center. It was founded in the late 60's by the late Gordon Vickery, Chief of the Seattle Fire Department, and Dr. Leonard A. Cobb, a University of Washington cardiologist. Medic One is the premier EMT training and emergency service in the country. The paramedics are trained by University of Washington School of Medicine physicians at Harborview Medical Center and leads the nation for Heart Attack victims survival rate.

sjg284

We continue to battle mother nature here in NY. 1 more inch and its the snowiest January ever.
M8 & 35cron v2

Gary P

Great images Ashwin, looking forward to more!

What a wonderful experience. Gary P
A couple more, from Varanasi, the big city on the Ganges and spiritual home to much of Hinduism:

This is just the start of my image processing...Much more to come in the weeks ahead. Lots of RAW material to work with, pardon the pun :ROTFL:

thrice

OK! Catchup time.

Great sunsets Lloyd!
Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
Bill, amazing scene with so many birds :eek:
Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday :D well done on all 3 shots.
ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand :(
Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
Anthony, great family portraits!
Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape :)
Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it :)

M9 - 18mm ZM distagon

seakayaker

Steve...Another Foot Coming Wed & Thurs into Boston! Nice set showing the Misery!:D

. . . . . my daughter was late on her arrival into the world, as a college student my wife and I sat in the apartment snow bound during the blizzard of '78. Then I believe it was during the winter of '92/93 that Boston had over 100" of snow. The car was buried by the end of November and did not drive it again until early April . . . . . City living at its finest in the Northeast.

I don't miss not having to shovel snow, and yes there is a lot of misty overcast days in Seattle but you do not have to shovel rain!

Good luck getting through the winter.

Winter days in Seattle are more representative by the following in comparison to back east . . . . .

Railroad Bridge ~ SV Red Sheilla after passing through the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with CV75/1.8

Red Sheilla ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with CV75/1.8

Rails & Lines ~ Red Sheilla ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with CV75/1.8

Lloyd

I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it :)

M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
Yeah, you got a shot... lackluster skies notwithstanding. :D Wonderful work... as always, Daniel.

Lloyd

. . . . . my daughter was late on her arrival into the world, as a college student my wife and I sat in the apartment snow bound during the blizzard of '78. Then I believe it was during the winter of '92/93 that Boston had over 100" of snow. The car was buried by the end of November and did not drive it again until early April . . . . . City living at its finest in the Northeast.

I don't miss not having to shovel snow, and yes there is a lot of misty overcast days in Seattle but you do not have to shovel rain!

Good luck getting through the winter.

Winter days in Seattle are more representative by the following in comparison to back east . . . . .

Railroad Bridge ~ SV Red Sheilla after passing through the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with CV75/1.8
I have to admit, I'm originally from Boston, and much as I LOVE the place, I really don't miss the weather!!

Great shots, Dan. I really love this first one. The reflections in the water are terrific.

khc1013

OK! Catchup time.

Great sunsets Lloyd!
Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
Bill, amazing scene with so many birds :eek:
Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday :D well done on all 3 shots.
ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand :(
Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
Anthony, great family portraits!
Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape :)
Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
This blow my mind.