The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Here are a few of my visit to the bird sanctuary on Maui yesterday morning.

An excellent set of photos.

This is my favorite. I love how the framing of the bird (off-center to the right) pulls your attention to the left, where the bird is searching for food.

DavidE

Just killing some time at Costco this afternoon.

M8, Nocti f1.0, wide open.

Lloyd, that Nocti sure looks good wide-open.

You've really got the processing down for both the color and b&w. They look great.

I especially like this one. It has a nice gritty feel that somehow suits a Costco. Who would have thought that Costco stores would look the same all-over? :salute:

DavidE

"Curves" M9 35mm Cron ASPH

This one is very cool, Doug. Your processing brings out the massive size of the structures.

I'm enjoying your photos. Very inspiring. They remind me that I should just get out and find cool images around me, rather than waiting for another trip.

DavidE

Great image, David. I love the conversion and the spacing here. Thank you so much for the kind words. I am starting to consider putting a book together given the feedback that I have gotten....thanks!
+1 from me. Just as he said! :thumbup:
David,
As with my comments to Ashwin - beautifull renditions. I am just starting out and you folks have such great techniques and I want to learn more. Both you and Ashwin have a "look" that I would like to learn more about. Would you be able to share what RAW processor you are using for these - again especially for the B&W conversion?
David, great shot! Very nice composition.
David E, More Spectacular Views from Vegas!
Thanks Ashwin, Lloyd, RAM, Charles, and Steve.

RAM, I use Lightroom and run almost all the b&w images through Silver Efex Pro before making any adjustments in Lightroom. Similarly, I tend to run color images through Viveza 2 first.

DavidE

Two more from last month's Vegas trip.

The first was with the Voigtlander 12mm, while the second one with the 24 lux.

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd.

And thanks for the comment on the blog posting. I figured that was you since I don't know any other Leica-loving Lloyds. :salute:

m_driscoll

A rework of one from last fall

M8, CV 21/4
WOW!!! I love this exposure!!!! Stunning!!!!not a HDR is it?
Just got back from meeting. My shooting schedule for next week doesn't look good at all. Gotta finish all my homework way ahead. I think I am going to be gone for awhile again. Hopefully will have some digital m photos to share. :)
Lloyd, Brilliant Color,Comp & 3D Feel!!!
Lloyd: +1! Beautiful color. Not from your front porch? :LOL: :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

DavidE

David: Really great! I'm curious, did you process these differently then your usual? Slightly grainier? :thumbup:
Thanks Matt.

I'm using the same software as before (Lightroom 3 and Viveza 2).

I think what's different is that I'm more willing to live with some grain in a color photo, as long as grain isn't visible in other parts of the photo. I'm also experimenting with the noise reduction settings in Lightroom, which I hadn't done before.