The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

More Saigon...

Yep. Uncle Ho is turning in his grave.

Jade Emperor Temple.

Xmas meets Asian kitsch!

Break time...

All M9+CV35/1.2
Now resting my neck... that lens is nice but really takes its toll!
Jan, a wonderful series has come to be typical for you, and this is no exception. Great stuff, as always!:thumbs:

Peter Klein

Wow, some wonderful stuff the last couple of days. Ashwin, I'm torn between admiring the beauty of your night shots and the beauty of your lady friend, and the family pics are heartwarming. Jono, love the frozen tire tracks. "Ceh," the person walking up the steps reflected in the puddle is wonderful, you find such beauty and symmetry in everyday things.

Here's another one from Israel. This is from the top of Masada, but the subject is not the ancient ruins...

You can just make out the Dead Sea through the fog at upper right. M8, 35 'Lux ASPH.
(One of these days I will finish editing these pictures. Yes, I will.) :D

Hope all are having a not-to-stressful approach to the holidays, and that the good company and cheer of family and friends will warm your hearts.
--Peter

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much, Peter. We really need to find a tie to meet up here in Seattle. The lady friend is a looker, but just a friend, though she might get mad should I suggest that the lens rendering was more beautiful than her ;)

thrice

CV 35mm Nokton Aspherical at f/1.2:

Zeiss ZM 50mm C-Sonnar at f/1.5

I've shot the same band at the same venue before, so sorry if they look a bit familiar or derivative :)

jonoslack

Hi Everyone
Ashwin
Thanks for the nice words on the 35 'lux snap. I'm teetering noctiluxwards at the moment (having written off the S2 project).
love the lady in the bar (you know, the one who is just a friend :D)

ceh - I really like the puddle and the steps - nicely seen, and the drop just sets it off nicely.

Jan thank you too - this one is completely great:
Break time...

Peter - the lone crow is wonderful - great catch.
Daniel - the band shots are fine - but it's this one that caught my fancy:

Excellent

All the best
Jono

Lloyd

Okay, 2 to share:

M9/Noct f/0.95, ISO 800ish, B&W convert in LR3
Nice images, Ashwin... this one especially. Beautiful friend you have there.

Ceh, you really have a gift. Thanks for sharing the magic of your vision.

More Saigon...

Jade Emperor Temple.

Break time...

All M9+CV35/1.2
Now resting my neck... that lens is nice but really takes its toll!
Jan: Great series from Saigon. These two really speak to me.

Late...

M9,50mm Noct F1:)
Great catch Steve. Wonderfully subtle journalism disguised as art here.

Here's another one from Israel. This is from the top of Masada, but the subject is not the ancient ruins...

You can just make out the Dead Sea through the fog at upper right. M8, 35 'Lux ASPH.
(One of these days I will finish editing these pictures. Yes, I will.) :D
I've really enjoyed your shots from Isreal, Peter. And I love that this isn't a typical tourist shot of Masada. Nice.

CV 35mm Nokton Aspherical at f/1.2:

I've shot the same band at the same venue before, so sorry if they look a bit familiar or derivative :)
Wicked good stuff (as always) Daniel. These two in particular are really, really good.

Lloyd

First time posting images in GetDPI. Fairly new to Leica and the forum.

M8 + CV 15mm

C&C is always appreciated :)
Excellent shot... and a wonderful moment captured. I think this is really best appreciated in the large size. Great first post, welcome to the forum, and to the wild, and occasionally wacky world of Leica!