The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

sjg284

Re: Some swim, some walk

steve, ashwin, ceh, lloyd - thanks!

Nice mix today.. some seem to be sharing the snow, others not.

Jim- Really like this one. Has a timeless feel. You could label it 1930, 1980, 2010... no one would know.
Bill- What a view, love the mood
ceh - Light, warm, lovely.. captured a moment of happiness.
Ron- Excellent closeup shot there. Nice color balance. Perfect focus selection. Lovely OOF look. Been meaning to add a 90mm to my stable, and your shot reminded me not to discount the old Elmar. In your able hands here, it worked some magic.

m_driscoll

Im Walkin....

M9, 21 Lux iso 800 :)
Steve: Lovely composition, angle, pp, movement, and caption! :thumbup::thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks Lloyd Matt & Steve :)
Lloyd, great xmas portraits!
Ceh, wonderfully timed shot, makes me yawn as well, a great image.
Steve, are you in the racks in that shot? Or just immensely tall? :p
Here's a couple from last night, just a grab shot of some guy who recognised my camera. And a couple of friends who've obviously already had few drinks.
C-Sonnar, a little motion blur.
Daniel: Excellent captures! Nice "posing" for the camera in the second. :thumbup:

Snowpocalypse, NYC
Last of these for a while I hope
M8 & 35cron v2 for the first set
Basically this taxi was parked in the middle of the road, abandoned.
The driver must have gotten stuck driving in the middle of the blizzard, given up, and gone home. The taxi was still there 12+ hours after snow had finished, but road remained unplowed.
and M8 & vc15 this time...
the state of things fully 2 days after snow finished...
Steve: Looks like great fun? After a bit, the snow losses its "prettiness". Winter noir at it's best. Would these have been in color two days earlier? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

GMB,
again, great series especially this one:
GMB: +1! :salute:

The Smile,Light,Shadow,Beautiful Woman...:thumbs::salute:!!!
Ceh: +1! Caught a really nice moment.

Ron,
..this one is excellent :thumbs:
Ron: +1! excellent set of photos. I like this one and the ball of snow on the branch. :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words and sharing in this thread:)
I have this picture in one competition.....
Very dynamic shot. I like it very much. A competition shot of a competition. I think that works! Excellent point of view, btw.
Ceh: +1! Very dynamic. Nice sense of movement and lines. Good luck. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Well, one advantage of being up all night with a sick kid is you get to see the dawn. This is week 1 with a rangefinder. Nice camera, but I have to remember to focus!

M9, 50 Summicron pre-ASPH

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Honestly, I am not trying to do this to the color. It just comes out like that!:eek:

M9, 50 Lux (v1). This may be an imperfect lens, but it is wild wide open! And I'm still learning to focus a RF. Nothing is sharp here, but it doesn't ruin the effect for me.

Y'all let me know when you get tired of mediocre pics from a new M enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Matt

Lloyd

Honestly, I am not trying to do this to the color. It just comes out like that!:eek:

M9, 50 Lux (v1). This may be an imperfect lens, but it is wild wide open! And I'm still learning to focus a RF. Nothing is sharp here, but it doesn't ruin the effect for me.

Y'all let me know when you get tired of mediocre pics from a new M enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Matt
Very nice, Matt. And by the way, we're not likely to get tired of your shots, so long as you don't get tired of ours. Bring 'em on!