The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Happy New Year, all!

Jono: Beautiful color and focus!
Bill: Makes me shiver. Like the bent, iced, tree in the second and the look past to the water.
Jim: Cool photos of the rolling stock. That second could be a century old if he had a handle bar mustache and a different cup. Nice tone.
Jan: Great set of photos. That tree in the second is incredible.
Matt: Hope the kid is better. Nice pics. Welcome and keep posting.
Ceh: Now, is your wife , or, photography your first love? Sorry, bad question. Not being a biker, and, not seeing a logo. What bike is it?
Ceh: As, Lloyd said, a classic photo!
Henry: Nice quality to both. The M8 photo has great dynamics.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Happy New Year from Hanoi, where the first ever western new year's countdown took place downtown. M9+cron 75

Some snaps with the cron 35A...

Hanoi 1000 years

shtarka1

M9, 50 Summicron pre-ASPH

Best,

Matt
Honestly, I am not trying to do this to the color. It just comes out like that!:eek:

M9, 50 Lux (v1). This may be an imperfect lens, but it is wild wide open! And I'm still learning to focus a RF. Nothing is sharp here, but it doesn't ruin the effect for me.

Y'all let me know when you get tired of mediocre pics from a new M enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Matt
2 Very Nice Images Matt! We're All In This Together!;)

Lloyd

M6 / Canon 50mm f/1.2 LTM

M8 / 40mm Summicron-C

My first image post here, happy new year to you all.
These are simply wonderful. The light and DOF in the first is as good as it gets. Truly. Love the second as well. Like Steve said, these are classic Leica shots. Welcome to this thread. I am looking forward to much more! :salute:

ceh

These are simply wonderful. The light and DOF in the first is as good as it gets. Truly. Love the second as well. Like Steve said, these are classic Leica shots. Welcome to this thread. I am looking forward to much more! :salute:
big +1 :)

ceh

Happy New Year, all!

Ceh: Now, is your wife , or, photography your first love? Sorry, bad question. Not being a biker, and, not seeing a logo. What bike is it?

Cheers, Matt

..It is a Ducati streetfighter..
Leica between motorcycles ..;)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What a fabulous thread this is, and what a great site. It's a quite a motivation to improve one's photography to think "I'd love to have something new to post at GetDPI".

The artistry on display is first rate, and it is equaled by the atmosphere.:grin:

Matt

Peter Klein

A happy and healthy New Year to all my friends at getdpi. This was a quick-and-dirty shot with a G1 and 20/1.7 , but the thumbnail at lower left is one of my better M8 shots.

--Peter

Lloyd

A happy and healthy New Year to all my friends at getdpi. This was a quick-and-dirty shot with a G1 and 20/1.7 , but the thumbnail at lower left is one of my better M8 shots.

--Peter
Great idea Peter. And Happy New Year to you and Katya.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
seakayaker - what a sense of being there this conveys - touch, smell, damp - amazing! :thumbs:

Matt