The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

baudolino

Steve, I like no. 3, the guy reminds me a of a good friend of mine (who looks a bit like Hagrid from the Lord of the Rings movie :) )

also like CEH's image from the mountains, makes me want to go hiking in the Slovak mountains again (haven't been for almost 20 years, despite being in Slovakia every week, only for business...)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Charles: Beautiful portraits. Love the attitude and tone.
Jim: Nicely done portrait, also. Great tone.
Bill: Great pattern and color. You live in a very icy place!
Mike: Nice set of photos. I like the moment captured in the last.
Baudolino: Excellent compositions and color. The second is really stunning.
Henry: Both are very nice. Great use of DOF.
Matt: I like the accident!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks, Matt - yes, right now it is pretty icy, although I live right on the 45th parallel, about the same latitude as Salem, Oregon!

Bill

4season

I spent the holidays in Hawaii but it rained a lot, so I took a lot of cloud photos. Both with 35mm Summicron.

Sunrise, December 30, 2010 (still jetlagged and waking up too early) After the skies brightened and the soft colors faded, I went indoors and cleaned the sensor.

Sunset, December 24, 2010. Another rainy day, but towards the evening, the rain stopped briefly as the skies lit up like a giant golden softbox:

JimCollum

Did a workshop at a pottery factory near Sacramento (Gladding McBean).. opened in 1875, and still operating today.

It's amazing in this day, for a company to open their doors to 25 photographers for a weekend.. giving them complete, unrestricted access to every acre of the facility with cameras, with no employees there... Huge firing kilns (they make sewer pipe there) the 40 feet in diameter (and firing while we were there).. massive extruders to push the clay to make pipe.

I shot most of it with the M9 (some Aptus shots too)... Jack shot almost entirely with his Phase back.. so there should be additional shots coming in the MF thread as well.

this is just an interesting comparison between the older 35mm Preasph lux, shot wide open, and stopped down a bit (all files unsharpened)

f1.4

100%

f4.0

100%

f8.0

100%

HenryFool

Good work, great pp too, the guy on the left needs a new beard though! (but that's not your problem) are you shooting these with a digital M?

Great Vegas UWA shots David!
Bill, turbulent winter scene, nice composition and subtle colours.
Steve, Great shots as usual, lots of character, and really like your B&W processing.
I also really like your processing on these two scenes Matt.

Here's one from today, a promo shot for a band. The blood they usually put on as part of the stage performance, but I added it digitally for them so they didn't have to get sticky. 75 Cron at f/2.8, off-camera 300W strobe at full power to the right, bounced off a foil umbrella, triggered wirelessly. 3 stop ND on the lens, 1/180s @ ISO160.

Lloyd

Good work, great pp too, the guy on the left needs a new beard though! (but that's not your problem) are you shooting these with a digital M?
I'm sure Daniel can respond for himself, but I believe this was taken with his M9. I've never seen him post anything taken with any other M camera.