The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

From the back porch:

M8, 28 Cron:
Pretty Light & Comp!
Mimi and I went this afternoon to visit a friend who's in the hospital (more about that later), when we came out, we were greeted by this:

M8, 90 Elmarit (four shots handheld, stitched in PS5):
Pretty Amazing Light & Comp!
Our dear, dear friend Stephanie. We've known Steph and her family for many years. She and her husband are also avid triathletes, and she competes in Mimi's age group. On December 27th, she underwent a surgical procedure, and was to have a one-night stay in the hospital. Didn't quite go as planned, unfortunately! She's now had three surgeries, has been on a liquid diet, and can now eat an occasional soda cracker or some chicken broth. She was released a couple of days ago, but is now back again with blood clots in her lungs. She's down to nearly 90 pounds (from her usual 115), is very weak. Her husband has been there night and day, sleeping in her room. It's been a nightmare, but she's been a trooper.

M8, CV 50 Nokton @ f2:

Prayers sent Lloyd...

Lloyd

Pretty Light & Comp!

Pretty Amazing Light & Comp!

Prayers sent Lloyd...
Lloyd... truly hoping the best for your friend. Very nice impromptu portrait and a heckofa view from your back porch. I'll take a shot off mine for you to enjoy :cool: And thanks so much for the compliment. I've shot it every day that I've had it, and I know there's lots to learn. Need to work on better PP work as well. Any Aperture people out there have any tricks to share?

Great work all around here!
Many thanks to you all. :thumbup:

thrice

Great location Jim, enjoyed the series.

Magic mountain light ceh, I'm quite jealous. All I have are 38C days and flat land to shoot at the moment :(

Lloyd, emotive shots, I do hope things improve for your friend.

Matt, Colorado is high on my list of 'must see' places.

Here's a candid of my 21 year old girlfriend :p 50mm CV Color Skopar @f/2.5

CharlesK

Great shots everyone!
Joe, very nice shot! Love the colours and punch to this shot!

Did a workshop at a pottery factory near Sacramento (Gladding McBean).. opened in 1875, and still operating today.

It's amazing in this day, for a company to open their doors to 25 photographers for a weekend.. giving them complete, unrestricted access to every acre of the facility with cameras, with no employees there... Huge firing kilns (they make sewer pipe there) the 40 feet in diameter (and firing while we were there).. massive extruders to push the clay to make pipe.

I shot most of it with the M9 (some Aptus shots too)... Jack shot almost entirely with his Phase back.. so there should be additional shots coming in the MF thread as well.

this is just an interesting comparison between the older 35mm Preasph lux, shot wide open, and stopped down a bit (all files unsharpened)
Jim, really nice series. Love the rendering to your shots!!

From the back porch:

M8, 28 Cron:
Lloyd, very nice shot! Love the lighting in this shot!!

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd, I am sorry for the the pain for your friends :( I do wish your friend has a speedy recovery!!!

More from Durango, Colorado.

Matt, superb shots!! Really like the PP to them.

M8/CV 25mm:

Mike, excellent composition and shot! Love tones and colour to this shot

Ceh, superb shot again!

Here's a candid of my 21 year old girlfriend 50mm CV Color Skopar @f/2.5
Thrice, excellent portrait!!!

m_driscoll

Lloyd/Jason/Ceh/Steve/YamasDigital/Daniel/Charles: Gentlemen, thanks! :D

M8/CV 25mm:

Regards
Mike
Mike: Great lines and unsaturated color. :thumbup:

Ceh: A barb wire crucifix. Are the letters a translation of INRI? Excellent framing and subject isolation! The mind really extends the photo. :thumbup:

Matt, Colorado is high on my list of 'must see' places.
Here's a candid of my 21 year old girlfriend :p 50mm CV Color Skopar @f/2.5
Daniel: Colorado's high on my list of places to actually see, also (my visit was too short and localized).
Pretty lady! Nicely focused, pp'd and composed. :thumbup:

Ceh: Great relationship between the dark foreground and sky and the building lights. The barely visible, silhouetted, people in the mid-lower left add scale and perspective lines leading to the guy in the arcade. Cool! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com