The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
why do I keep getting a message that my images will not be posted until approved by "the moderator"

do you have to be a member of a "special club" to post on this thread?

Moderator - please cancel my postings, (they have not been posted anyway - and I have not been given a reason why) - as this is clearly not the place for me
It is a new forum spam filter that after 10 posts you are all set to go unless your approved earlier by a mod. Very often we get people that register and start posting links to other sites or services that are considered spam . Like selling cell phones for instance. Now that you are at 11 posts this should not be a issue. But also you need to read this information when you are registering as well as it clearly states these things. I know PITA but very much needed to have these filters installed. :)

BTW welcome and here is that data http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8970

danlindberg

Sorry for very little posting from me, but lot's of Leica hardware trouble to sort out. Plenty of great images as usual!
This is the latest from my blog.

mathomas

I was in SoCal on business yesterday. I was walking to my appointment and it was 83 degrees, when suddenly it hits me: IT'S JANUARY!!!

Not much time for shooting, but did get this at Huntington Beach. (BTW, it's been snowing here today... yuk!)

M8, 90 Elmarit:
Cool shot! Funny -- it looked to me like a desert scene at first glance. My eye saw the waves as "clouds", and the sun as being distorted by the clouds. Or maybe I just have bad eyes :).

Lloyd

Cool shot! Funny -- it looked to me like a desert scene at first glance. My eye saw the waves as "clouds", and the sun as being distorted by the clouds. Or maybe I just have bad eyes :).
Thanks Mike. You're not alone... my wife thought it was a shot from Africa. :)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

In an effort to answer my own question in the just-posted thread re alternate telephoto lenses, I took this recent 135 mm Apo Telyt image and cropped it to less than one sixth of the original.(One third of width, one half of height.) This would be equivalent of about 400 mm if it were full frame. Of course I'll have to print it to see how large it can actually go.

Misha, f11 to keep the nose and ears within dof. ISO 320.

m_driscoll

Jason: Nice view from your back porch! Very urban. :thumbup:
Great spontaneity with your street shots. :thumbup:
BillN: Nice set. I really like the pp in the first one. :salute:
Steve: Thanks, buddy! :D
David: Great viewpoint with that lens! Beautiful photos. Your photos of Vegas are transcendent. I think your familiarity gets you beyond the strip and the crap that most see (at least what I see). Thank you. :thumbup::salute:
Lloyd: Great capture. Cool color. :thumbup:
Ceh: Excellent composition. Very graphic. (insert thumbsup)
Woody: Really like the relationship of all of the elements in that second photo. Just read David's comment. +1 to it! :thumbup:
David: "Chinese Food" - a very cool "street" shot. :thumbup:
Dan: +1 to what Steve said! (insert thumbsup)
Woody: The fire escape and the building top photos are great. Good illustrations of your photographic eclecticism. :salute:
Bill: Excellent tele portrait of Misha! (insert thumbsup)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com