The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

HenryFool

Just curious, Henry, Joking about his concern, or about the talent on the forum?
Sorry Lloyd, joking about his concern as the images posted were IMHO very good. There is no shortage of talent on the forum, there is some truly outstanding work posted regularly and in general the 'wheat to chaff' ratio is quite high ;-)

Both are remarkable images, Peter. :salute:

As for post processing, I don't have a meaningful suggestion. You could certainly play around with the landscape image, but any change would be merely a matter of personal taste, and not necessarily an improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Lloyd!

Lloyd

Sorry Lloyd, joking about his concern as the images posted were IMHO very good. There is no shortage of talent on the forum, there is some truly outstanding work posted regularly and in general the 'wheat to chaff' ratio is quite high ;-)
No worries. I was just wondering which concern. I too felt his images were more than outstanding, and more than worthy of the thread. And while I've been known to post the odd "snapshot", there is no shortage of talent here.

HenryFool

No worries. I was just wondering which concern. I too felt his images were more than outstanding, and more than worthy of the thread. And while I've been known to post the odd "snapshot", there is no shortage of talent here.
Agreed, an active and lively forum is much more enjoyable, there's a great variety of styles here and that's a good thing.

kirio

I'm still being amazed by the quality of photos being posted in the thread. Keep them coming.

My M9 was with Leica repair for a few weeks. I got a Nocti while it was under repair, then when the M9 finally returned, was just too busy to take any photo worth posting. Got a chance to go back to Muir Woods during the holiday break. The rains during the week before made the colors much greener. Here's a few taken with the Nocti and a 35 Lux ASPH:

A

aceshooter

I'm guessing #1 & 3 are the 35 and the last two the NOCT. great set.
The M9 will never stop to amazed me.
Those two lens are what i would call the DREAM KIT.

sjg284

Gorgeous shots.. love the color/feel
I'm still being amazed by the quality of photos being posted in the thread. Keep them coming.

My M9 was with Leica repair for a few weeks. I got a Nocti while it was under repair, then when the M9 finally returned, was just too busy to take any photo worth posting. Got a chance to go back to Muir Woods during the holiday break. The rains during the week before made the colors much greener. Here's a few taken with the Nocti and a 35 Lux ASPH:

Lloyd

Stunning set, Anthony. Look forward to seeing more. BTW, is that the .95 version of the Nocti?

Mike Woods

A very successful two days, Mike.

This is my favorite. Especially like the processing, composition, and visual irony (ignored sign and what would seem to be a wrong-season reintroduction).
Thanks David, much appreciated.

I can't imagine what you're not sure about, Mike. This is stunning. :bugeyes:
This is nice, I like the simplicity and the atmosphere.
It works for me!
Superb, Mike. Excellent mood.
Cheers, Peter
Thank you all for your positive feedback. The reason I wasn't sure about it was that it looks nothing like the original, and I am always wary of making something into something it's not, if that makes sense.

This was taken late morning, and because of the conditions I had envisaged a subtle black & white conversion. Thanks to LR, and the malleability of the M8 files, it became something else. I'm glad you liked it.

Mike

kirio

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Anthony, Luscious Green's & The Last Shot Is Full Of "Warmth"! Very Nice!
They're my in-laws visiting for the holidays.

I'm guessing #1 & 3 are the 35 and the last two the NOCT. great set.
The M9 will never stop to amazed me.
Those two lens are what i would call the DREAM KIT.
Actually only #3 is with the 35. I used an ND4 filter with the Noct.

Stunning set, Anthony. Look forward to seeing more. BTW, is that the .95 version of the Nocti?
It's the 1.0 version before the built-in hood. I was inspired by the 3-D feel of Ashwin's photos with his NY set with the 0.95. I'm trying to shoot wide open with but it can be a challenge in daytime (I need another ND filter). The canopy in Muir Woods provided the perfect opportunity for this.

Here's a quick snap from a party I was at. It was my friend's 40th. Here he is with his wife who he has been with for 25 years! They met in high school.

Nice intimate moment caught Jason.
Thanks, Steve.

I have to say, I'm starting to get the feel of the M system and what it brings to my work. It was nice to quickly raise with zone focus, add the 1.5 stops cause of the lamp behind Jim's head and fire away... all with out anyone noticing a giant SLR body and huge chunk of glass hanging off it.

Learning more every day! :bugeyes: