The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Four more shots from Vegas.

The first was with the Voigtlander 12mm. The second and third were with the 24 lux. And the fourth was with the WATE at the 16mm setting.

CharlesK

Yamas, Lloyd, Steve and David ... thanks for the kind words :)
Dan, great shot! Love the subtle rendering to this shot.

Matt, very nice shot! The red edge is fixed in C1 Pro. Very quick PP step in the workflow.

David, love your WA shots :) Wish I could see these shots like you do!!

Lloyd, my PP workflow now includes C1 Pro 6.1, for all the initial RAW conversion, and then sent to Adobe CS5. The skin tones are pretty well straight out of C1, and they seem to have the richness in tone to them. It would seem with CS5, you can achieve the same result, but with a lot more PP steps, and some instances it is not possible.

Lloyd

Yamas, Lloyd, Steve and David ... thanks for the kind words :)
Dan, great shot! Love the subtle rendering to this shot.

Matt, very nice shot! The red edge is fixed in C1 Pro. Very quick PP step in the workflow.

David, love your WA shots :) Wish I could see these shots like you do!!

Lloyd, my PP workflow now includes C1 Pro 6.1, for all the initial RAW conversion, and then sent to Adobe CS5. The skin tones are pretty well straight out of C1, and they seem to have the richness in tone to them. It would seem with CS5, you can achieve the same result, but with a lot more PP steps, and some instances it is not possible.
Thanks for the info, Charles. I occasionally use C1, but I only have ver 4.5. With Lightroom 3, PS5, and all the Nik software, I decided not to spring for the upgrade to ver 5. I am tempted by ver 6 however.

Lloyd

Four more shots from Vegas.

The first was with the Voigtlander 12mm. The second and third were with the 24 lux. And the fourth was with the WATE at the 16mm setting.
As always, David, great stuff. The first and last make the shots with the 24 look like a "normal" by comparison.

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, it's been too long since I posted or commented. I am on the road still, getting home soon. There are some splendid images here on this page only (the dancing girl and man with the starburst of light is AMAZING).

I would love to comment on many more photos, but unfortunately, I have to hit the road to the next stop in India quite shortly. Hope everyone's well, and I miss you all!

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

A couple more, from Varanasi, the big city on the Ganges and spiritual home to much of Hinduism:

This is just the start of my image processing...Much more to come in the weeks ahead. Lots of RAW material to work with, pardon the pun :ROTFL:

seakayaker

I was going to ask how you like that 75 on an M8, cause I'm thinking of picking it up.

I think this shot answers that question! Wow!

But any more comments on it?
First let me thank Yamas, Lloyd, Jason, Steve, David, & Charles for your kind words, they certainly are appreciated.

Jason, I do love the Voigtlander 75/1.8, the build quality is excellent, lovely colors as well as the black and white, and I enjoy the bokeh that the lens produces.

. . . . . I will not compare it to a Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph. except to say that it is about 1/5th the cost . . . . . and I think it is a very good return for the investment. . . . . .

Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

Control Room Large Lock ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

Puget ~ Army Corps of Engineers ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

USCGC Henry Blake ~ Lake Union Drydock Co.

M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

Other shots taken with the 75/1.8 can be seen here: (the M8.2 photos are on the last page of the set) http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157625202215323/

khc1013

Thanks Lloyd,things will eventually work out for me. It will just take some time. All I care about now are school and photos. Working at a newspaper now gives me a lot of opportunities to shoot which is really nice.

Thanks Steve, after i shot this, i have no idea until i import it into the computer... i was like "WOWW" this is the one images i am happy with since a long time.

Thank you DavidE!! I appreciate very much.

Thank Ashwin, a commpliement from you gives me motivation!!! thank you. The photographs from India are stunning!! Have fun and travel safe!!

Lloyd

First let me thank Yamas, Lloyd, Jason, Steve, David, & Charles for your kind words, they certainly are appreciated.

Jason, I do love the Voigtlander 75/1.8, the build quality is excellent, lovely colors as well as the black and white, and I enjoy the bokeh that the lens produces.

. . . . . I will not compare it to a Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph. except to say that it is about 1/5th the cost . . . . . and I think it is a very good return for the investment. . . . . .
More nice work, regardless of the lens!

I have had a VC 75/2.5 Heliar for a number of years, and it's a wonderful little lens. I think it might be better appreciated if it cost a couple thousand $$. I've been curious about the new VC 75/1.8, and your shots have me very tempted, for sure. Looks like a winner. (I enjoyed your shots in the Flickr set too)

The other set, taken at the fire station is nice as well, BTW.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,things will eventually work out for me. It will just take some time. All I care about now are school and photos. Working at a newspaper now gives me a lot of opportunities to shoot which is really nice.
The best to you as you work through it, Anthony. :salute: