The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

mathomas

Nice SP, Mike. Hm... hand over the ear, eh. I'll have to try that technique, I do close one eye sometimes, but this looks promising. :D

Mike, Nice SP. Nice to see you. I will try holding my ear when I shoot and see if that improves my shots.:thumbs:

Hehe, thanks guys. I was standing there holding the camera with both hands, and thinking, "this is too typical ... what can I do to make this more interesting?" Obviously, it's only marginally more interesting :).

Lloyd

Hehe, thanks guys. I was standing there holding the camera with both hands, and thinking, "this is too typical ... what can I do to make this more interesting?" Obviously, it's only marginally more interesting :).
Nah, more than marginal... plus, it gave us a chance to have a little fun kidding you. ;) Keep, 'em coming, Mike. :salute:

ashwinrao1

Well, I am back in the States, making it home safe and sound, with 5 memory cards full of images. But before I get there, I wanted to express my joy in viewing so many beautiful images in the past few days.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words on my preliminary set (all processed via the MacBook Air, who's primary limitationb is screen real estate...makes the dust hard to pick up...:poke:

Steve, your black and white captures just continue to astound.

Lloyd, your mountain colors are inspiring. I am glad that they cheered you up
Dan, the king of composition strikes again; great images.

Charles, those beach shots are amazing and really show off your wonderful creative look.

Bill, that Husky looks poised to pounce. Great eye, great capture

Daniel, more wide magic and time lapse beauty from you. You really need to consider a book of these amazing captures. Unique to what I have seen in the RF world'

Cindy, that image of the man and the background model is PERFECTLY composed!!!

Joe, great and colorful captures of the little one!

Henry, I love the 40 'cron portrait. Looks like a noir movie clip!

Mike W, great images as usual. The last one really pops for me, given the subtle undertones in the soft focus presentation

Hans, great environmental portrait!

Mike, it's the classic RF self-portrait. Well seen and processed!

Boymerang, lovely as usual, love the OOF part of the gull shot.

ashwinrao1

It's off to bed for me. 27 hours in transit, and 36 hours without sleep lead to this set of images, processed tonight....

Lloyd

Aw, heck, why not a few more to share:

Ashwin... Wow, just wow!! Not an "ordinary" shot among any you've posted tonight. From the b/w set, these two really jumped out at me. Amazing work, totally National Geographic! :salute:

Get some rest... the post LOTS more!! :thumbs:

ashwinrao1

Wow, thanks Lloyd and Hans. Great compliments coming from the both of you. I'll get to go to sleep with a smile on my face. Many more pics to come!

Before I go, here are 4 more:

Okay, now it's sleep time! Can't wait to share more!

RF_Licks

Great,Adorable Set Joe & I Feel Your Pain!;)
Thanks Steve! I wonder if there is a similar expression for unrelenting snow as to the expression raining cats and dogs? BTW, nice shot with the Noct! Somehow saw your post yesterday but the picture did not show up.

Joe, The photos of your son are priceless. My favorites are #1 and #2.
Thanks Cindy!

Joe, great and colorful captures of the little one!
Thanks Ashwin! Love your current series, lots of wonderful compositions! Can't wait for more, please keep sharing!

shtarka1

Thanks Steve! I wonder if there is a similar expression for unrelenting snow as to the expression raining cats and dogs? BTW, nice shot with the Noct! Somehow saw your post yesterday but the picture did not show up.
Joe, there are Plenty, I just cant repeat them on a Respectful Forum!;):D

Ashwin... Unreal. Seriously gorgeous stuff. What are you doing in post to get those so crisp? Or is that the M9 and the 35 lux II?

Mike... great stuff. LOVE the don't feed the birds shot! Those are my fav type of shots.