The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks for clearing that up, Bill. I do have a question about the "Natural Retreat". You wanna borrow one of my Super Tele's for when that place is open? :bugeyes: Just post the pix, and we'll be happy. :D:thumbs:
Actually I prefer the more intimate views of, say, a 35 Lux..
Bill

sjg284

SEP2 - Obviously I'm not paying enough attention to what I download :). Must be SEP v1. Doh!

ZM25 - I'm coming to that conclusion Lloyd!
Liking my results more so than when I tried a 28mm.

Great shots all around, Steve. I think that M8 ZM25 combo is a match made in heaven! BTW, how'd you score SEP2?!!? I have it on order, and just talked to the Nik folks yesterday. They told me it's still not available. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lloyd

SEP2 - Obviously I'm not paying enough attention to what I download :). Must be SEP v1. Doh!

ZM25 - I'm coming to that conclusion Lloyd!
Liking my results more so than when I tried a 28mm.
Well, whichever version, you've used well. The tonalities, in that shot of the abandoned car, for example, are really terrific.

(If you got v1 since Dec. 6th, you'll get a free upgrade to v2. I watched an announcement webinar on Friday, and was very impressed by the improvements in v2.)

Photojazz

Thanks Lloyd, there's always something about leading lines into a shot. I did process fairly heavily, tilting colors after the BW conversion to add heavy contrasting zones to the image.

thrice

Great PJ work Ashwin, really looks like India is amazing. Here are 4 shots, all from tonight. All 18mm Distagon.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
OK, fine! Be like that! Post miraculous landscapes and travel pics. I will not be cowed! OK, yes I will. Very cowed. Extremely... :rolleyes: nevertheless, I will post!

I just started a course in portraiture and landscapes. First assignment - natural light portrait. Window and reflector sort of thing. Here are two. M9 and 50 Summilux ver1.

Focus misses the eyes here, but I like it anyway.

Another front focus. Not sure if it's the lens or my rangefinder inexperience or both. Serves me right for trying to shoot f/1.4.

Thanks for this wonderful forum,

Matt

RAM

Ashwin,
I am just starting out with an M8 and am researching raw pprocessors. I really like the look you are achieveing and wonder if you would be kind enough to share your processing techinque and what RAW processor(s) you are using, psrticularly for the B&W? These are superb. Thanks.

RAM

David,
As with my comments to Ashwin - beautifull renditions. I am just starting out and you folks have such great techniques and I want to learn more. Both you and Ashwin have a "look" that I would like to learn more about. Would you be able to share what RAW processor you are using for these - again especially for the B&W conversion?

Thanks.

Lloyd

OK, fine! Be like that! Post miraculous landscapes and travel pics. I will not be cowed! OK, yes I will. Very cowed. Extremely... :rolleyes: nevertheless, I will post!

I just started a course in portraiture and landscapes. First assignment - natural light portrait. Window and reflector sort of thing. Here are two. M9 and 50 Summilux ver1.

Focus misses the eyes here, but I like it anyway.

Another front focus. Not sure if it's the lens or my rangefinder inexperience or both. Serves me right for trying to shoot f/1.4.

Thanks for this wonderful forum,

Matt
Nice ones, Matt. And fear not to post, you're among friends. :thumbup:

Hard to say if it's really front focus. At that f1.4, and close to minimum focal distance, the subject doesn't have to move much (or even you taking a breath, can move your point of focus). Test it with a static subject, and on a tripod or other solid placement. Regardless, you images here retain a lot of character.

baudolino

One of the rare instances that I regretted not having my Canon with a 400mm lens with me. A white-tailed eagle, National Park Seewinkel Neusiedler See, Austria. Taken on an M9 with 90 mm Elmarit.