The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

CharlesK

Dan, Great composition and colour!!!

These are gorgeous!!! I especially love that first one!:salute:
+1

M8 and 35mm 'cron again:

Mike, love this shot!

Ceh, fantastic composition... love it!

Ceh, great composition again :)

Steve, great energy and fun shot!!!

Jono, great series of shots, but this one is my favourite one :)

Photojazz, very nice shots :)

ashwinrao1

First of all I want to say thank you all. I have recieved many positive comments on my images and I have not been praising all the excellent photographers here as often. One reason is that I am not here everyday and when I do get back into the thread, every 4-5 days, so much has happened I do not now where to start! Be asured though, that I enjoy the thread very very much and I often get inspired by images here. Excellent work everybody :D

Here's todays post in my blog...."My daughter out of focus"
Fantastic, Dan. Love the combo of OOF and focus...magical!

seakayaker

. . . . . wow, just some incredible photos being displayed in this thread.

Shout out to . . . . .

Dan Lindberg, the photo of your daughter has such wonderful bokeh & color. Beautiful . . .
Charles, love the B&W shots from Thailand, especially the portraits!
CEH, the woman at the table with ball cap and modern dress works so well sitting with the two portraits of the women in native dress, great capture!
Mike, love the focus drawn to the beer bottle, step, & doorway with the uneven stones leading to the OOF man in stride at the end of the alley!
Steve, a smashing capture with the family in snowshoes, fun capture, just full of joy!
Jono, love the capture of the glow off the glasses as she shares the moment! Nicely done.
Jason, love the dogs in the booties . . . . . it must be a chore getting them all dressed out to go and play in the snow.
Photojazz, Super shot of you daughter and mom!
. . . . . and thanks to everyone else, I know I missed some folks who posted other photos!

. . . . . Keep 'em coming!

Now a few from the M8.2 with the Carl Zeiss 25mm Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM

The Nightwalker

Waiting in Line at the Uptown Expresso

Winter Sail Outbound ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

shtarka1

My Nikon kit became so complex, this is like a vacation from it. I know what you mean about online presense, I too am around computers about 16 hours a day I think.

The M9 has given me something I lost, a zest for creativity. I'd somehow lost that with all my nice Nikon gear. But I have found it again with Leica. I don't know if this means I will trim my Nikon kit further, we will see. At any rate, thinkgs are going to become less complex, to the good I think.

Some nice shots back there,that snow shoe shot is fun looking. lot of detail.
Doug...I Have The Biggest Smile on my face right now from your statement because i too felt like that when i entered the Leica Zone! Every shot you've posted so far has that Unique Leica Glow & Perspective! You've become "One with the Machine & im happy your Loving it! I told ya this place was Full of Talent & Awesome People! Nice to Have You Here!:)

Photojazz

Charles, these are sparkling! :) Your so talented.

Steve, thanks for the kind words. It's true, in just over 100 shots on my M9, I've experienced more creativity than I have in the last 6 months with Nikon. Am I on a learning curve, sure, I am! But it's a fun curve, and what amazes me most about it is, I really think that some shots that would have just been "shots" with most gear, become something more with Leica. That's what really is a difference maker too, as well as the fact with 1 35mm lens, I have to think creatively, I can't just zoom in and zoom out for the shot, no lazy photography, got to work for it! :) This is not just about having something new either. I have a new 85mm 1.4G and a new 24-120VRII for Nikon (since end of year). Even my 45mm 2.8 PC-E while helping to challenge me, still didn't do what the M9 has done. Ok, I'll shutup and shoot now. Well after work. :)

Lloyd

Charles: Wonderful set. That second one, the portrait of the older gentleman, is as good as it gets.
Dan: Great shots. I really like that one of the sailboat going through the lock. Great color as well.
CEH: Another perfectly framed image.
baudolino: Very very nice. I like the tones here. The shadow works very well also.

Photojazz

got a train in motion, well part of one. :) The crazy thing is, I was just walking that track and had just stepped off when I heard the train coming, even if not very fast.

Photojazz

I think I can do a pretty good crop of the engine. IT was a slow moving train anyway, you can't make an omlet without breaking a few eggs... lol. I only walked a short portion of tracks, those giant rocks they use on the track beds are horrible to try and walk around.