The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

I am always at least 5 pages behind every time I come back to this thread. Having a hard time to keep up with it. There are some amazing photos from everyone. :)
Here are some from my trip back home for X'mas break.

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr

- by khc1013, on Flickr
Anthony, these are all fantastic! The clarity here is amazing!

khc1013

Photojazz: I have said these before. I have this love/hate relationship with the digital M. Focusing on moving object is very challenging. I tried a few times doing sport with the M for work. It was hard. Ended up shooting with the 5d instead. I guess I still need to sharpen up the focusing skill on the M more. My 1.25x mag is aftermarket. I think it's from the same company of thumbup. When I should with the 35lux pre-a. I didn't have the problem at all. Since i started shooting the noct. Focusing error tolerance is very low. Learned from shooting with .85 on m6. Figured using a 1.25x mag would help alot.

Anthony, this set is really terrific. Wonderful b/w conversions. and the subject isolation you're getting is impressive. Were these all shot with a 50mm lens? Very nice self portrait (in the context of HK) in that first image. :salute:
thanks Lloyd. It's all 50s noct. Would want to trade in for a 50lux asph. It just seems more practical for me at the moment. Just having a hard time to letting the noct go.

If I remember correctly you do shoot with cv 15mm on the m9 right? How do you like it?

Lloyd

Photojazz: I have said these before. I have this love/hate relationship with the digital M. Focusing on moving object is very challenging. I tried a few times doing sport with the M for work. It was hard. Ended up shooting with the 5d instead. I guess I still need to sharpen up the focusing skill on the M more. My 1.25x mag is aftermarket. I think it's from the same company of thumbup. When I should with the 35lux pre-a. I didn't have the problem at all. Since i started shooting the noct. Focusing error tolerance is very low. Learned from shooting with .85 on m6. Figured using a 1.25x mag would help alot.

thanks Lloyd. It's all 50s noct. Would want to trade in for a 50lux asph. It just seems more practical for me at the moment. Just having a hard time to letting the noct go.

If I remember correctly you do shoot with cv 15mm on the m9 right? How do you like it?
Very impressive. Is that the f1,0, or the f0,95?

I shoot with the M8 currently, and do use the CV15 often. I have the older, LTM version, with a coded Milch adapter. I love that little lens, but would like to get the M-mount version.

YamasDigital

Here are a few of my visit to the bird sanctuary on Maui yesterday morning. Those dang birds don't let you get close. All with the 90 ASPH; some heavily cropped.

khc1013

Very impressive. Is that the f1,0, or the f0,95?

I shoot with the M8 currently, and do use the CV15 often. I have the older, LTM version, with a coded Milch adapter. I love that little lens, but would like to get the M-mount version.
It's the f1.0 that I loan/permanently borrow from my uncle. ;p
I had the m-mount vc15 back then. Didn't use it much tho. Now I found a lot of opportunities to use it it for work. Wondering how well it renders on digital m and also the quality of it after fixing up in cornerfix.

Lloyd

It's the f1.0 that I loan/permanently borrow from my uncle. ;p
I had the m-mount vc15 back then. Didn't use it much tho. Now I found a lot of opportunities to use it it for work. Wondering how well it renders on digital m and also the quality of it after fixing up in cornerfix.
On the M8, if the lens (CV 15) is properly coded, there is no need for cornerfix. I've seen quite a few shots taken by Woody Campbell, here on the forum, with both the CV 15 and the CV 12mm on the M9, and Cornerfix has been very effective. Some pretty impressive work, actually.

Lloyd

Famous Forum-Mate!

Our fellow forum dweller, DavidE has an article on The Leica Camera Blog. Check it out HERE.

Nicely done, David.

khc1013

On the M8, if the lens (CV 15) is properly coded, there is no need for cornerfix. I've seen quite a few shots taken by Woody Campbell, here on the forum, with both the CV 15 and the CV 12mm on the M9, and Cornerfix has been very effective. Some pretty impressive work, actually.
Thanks Lloyd. I will look for them.

khc1013

A rework of one from last fall

M8, CV 21/4
WOW!!! I love this exposure!!!! Stunning!!!!not a HDR is it?

Just got back from meeting. My shooting schedule for next week doesn't look good at all. Gotta finish all my homework way ahead. I think I am going to be gone for awhile again. Hopefully will have some digital m photos to share. :)

Lloyd

WOW!!! I love this exposure!!!! Stunning!!!!not a HDR is it?

Just got back from meeting. My shooting schedule for next week doesn't look good at all. Gotta finish all my homework way ahead. I think I am going to be gone for awhile again. Hopefully will have some digital m photos to share. :)
Thanks Anthony. No, not HDR, but I did work it over pretty good in all the NIK software: Define 2, Viveza 2, Color Effects Pro. 3.

Good luck with all the schoolwork. And don't worry about us... we'll be here. You take care of first things first. :thumbup: