The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

YamasDigital

Thanks Matt and Ashwin

Ashwin: I like the silhouettes at sunset; looks like you had a great time; I would love to go away and take great photos like you have. Too bad, there's the day job to contend with.:salute:

shtarka1

Thanks guys, it is a nice set of doors, I like the shot too, I had to shoot something, but dangit it was cold out last night, I didn't last to long at 8-9 PM out. My fingerless gloves would have helped, I didn't realize they were in the car until I got home. oops.

Sometimes, it's cold, it just doesn't feel that cold, then other times, it does. It took me 10 minutes in the truck to warm up I think and I was only out for like 10-15 minutes tops. It's always the hands as a shooter, you know?

I like the door series, I may do some more of those. Create a collection of them.

35 Cron telephoto. ROFL. note how the blades are aligned perfectly, that takes skill guys... ;)

I gave a preview of 2 shots at another forum, I see a few of you around too. ;)

I thought it might be interesting to cross test input. I'd been wanting to shoot this scene for a while. So, without further fanfare:

Keep in mind, the processing was different for these two shots. I let me creative touch guide what I did for each one, right or wrong.
Doug, Magnificent Work! Your Becoming One With The Machine!:thumbup:

shtarka1

Incredible Old World Feel C!
Another of the new pup and some of her handy work. M9, CV 12. And that little book all torn up is indeed my 5DmkII manual. Buying a crate today....

Dunno. We found her on the street. Just a happy puppy who needed a home. We think there is some lab and pit bull, but who knows? Here's a more "descriptive" shot of her.

James, Love Em!!

shtarka1

Still rummaging through the old files to see if there's anything half decent.

The first three were shot with the Voigtlander 12mm. The fourth was shot with the 50 lux.

That's me at the bottom of the first one, so I guess it qualifies as a self-portrait. :)

The show outside the show. NYC Fashion Week. M9 & Summilux 50 asph, most pictures cropped.
nice images Sig (Steve).

like your architectural shots David.

X1 phone art...

When that new to come Fuji delivers like this X1 shot, let me know...

My gosh what isn't in this image, industrial plant, row housing with a plastics/chemical plant in the backyard, kudzu, just about everything. What a great place. (rolling eyes) And oh yeah, I hope you don't plan on sleeping, because there's a freaking train about every 15 minutes.

And cropped heavily:

Good Gracious Gentlemen! Downright Smokin Work!!!:thumbs:

Steve Fines

Ashwin - You've posted so many excellent images here. I've really enjoyed looking through them. Too many to comment on each, but from the latest batch the single man in the water looking away from the camera was great. Inspirational photographs.

Photojazz

Ashwin, that was one heck of a summary! Thanks, I also somehow missed David's fine photos, wow, awesome.

Ashwin, I am speechless on that last photo. heh. the monkeys, eating seeds of some kind? Really interested in whatever it is.

I always love seeing international shots.

I call that last shot a hail mary Steve, hold the cam up high over barb wire fence, guestimate your field of view, and snap. Then see what you got when you get home. I mostly wanted to document how this looked, not that it's some beautiful shot, but it is nothing if not interesting array of things in one shot. That one 24mm lens can capture so much detail afar, amazes me. That will be the difference maker for the X1, the 2.8 Elmerit! That's what so many people don't mention when they think X1...

Lloyd

Holy Cow! So much magic here since my last visit, I hardly know where to start!

Doug: Nice shot of the helicopter with the power lines, and i like the old gas station. I usually go for b/w on shots like that, but I think I prefer the color here. Nice shots with the X1 as well. Great color.

James: Cute new pup, and great work with the 12mm. Does C1 now take the place of Cornerfix?

CEH: Love the shot of the old woman. Timeless feel.

Steve Gomes: Beautiful b/w work. Looks like you've been delivered from all the snow, eh?

David: More wide magic! Great b/w. BTW, I loved the color images you posted earlier. Really great stuff.

Retow: Great shots from Fashion Week. Love the light in these. I wonder if the blonde with the big smile has the rest of the word on tattoo'd on her left had. The right has P R I N, maybe the left has C E S S? Go find her and let us know will ya? ;)

Joe: Nice street work, in those shot from last year. That last one has a very HCB feel to it.

Ashwin: Man, what an experience... and what AMAZING photography! I can't begin to single anything out really... incredible color, subject separation, etc., etc., etc. I can tell you that Mimi was blown away by these, truly. I do wonder about the guy in the boat taking pix essentially right in the faces of the men at the river. Maybe I'm weird, but what he's doing (at least the manner he's doing it) seems disrespectful. Just my take on that. Anyway, I hope there's a book in the offing. Put me on the list!!

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I haven't seen anything I didn't like, so please know my failure to comment was pure oversight.

Lloyd

Thanks for all the comments on my "Killing time at Costco" shots. And as to the "weird light" in Costco, I tried to figure out the color temp, but found that Auto WB worked best.

Lloyd, surprised they let you shoot inside the store, places are funny about this stuff for a few reasons I guess. Every commercial place I have been in seems funny about any photos being taken. Maybe they just didn't see you shooting. Of course, with today's cell generation, goodluck stopping photography.
In answer to your question, Doug. I haven't asked if it's ok. I've shot there a number of times, but always try to be discreet. I don't try to hide my camera, and I'm sure the size of the Leica helps a lot; can't imagine I wouldn't be confronted if I was packing the D3. But, I also generally don't just walk around taking pix. I'm usually pushing a shopping cart, or with my wife while she is, etc. (The other day, at pushed a cart, and even placed a few items in it, but had no intention of buying anything. I eventually put them back, and walked out when I was done.) I've even pushed my granddaughter around in the cart when shooting. No one has ever questioned my shooting her, so then I can shoot other things discreetly.

I have been asked not to shoot in a couple of stores. And when asked, I stop. In one case, they told me I could shoot, but asked that I not take pictures of their marketing materials: posters, signs, etc. In another case, I was shown the door... even though I had actual purchases I wanted to make! Went back about 30 minutes later and bought the stuff. The person who had asked me to leave checked me out at the register, and I don't think she even remembered me. It was a busy day at the store.

ashwinrao1

Thanks to everyone for your kind words! It's quite a wonderful thing to be able to share and sense the community that has been in place here, and one that continues to evolve positively!

DavidE

More rummaging through old files to fill the time between trips.

The first two were shot with the 24 lux. The third was shot with the 50 lux.

ceh

Still rummaging through the old files to see if there's anything half decent.

The first three were shot with the Voigtlander 12mm. The fourth was shot with the 50 lux.

That's me at the bottom of the first one, so I guess it qualifies as a self-portrait. :)
G]
..this one :thumbs: