The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Photojazz

thanks David, I sort of expected you'd used some aftereffects processing. What type file do you edit with Silver Efex Pro, can you edit Tiff or DNG or only JPG? I may research that on my own also...

Photojazz

Thanks Ashwin. on my shot. I might have gotten the entire road, but I think I was still a little nervous after a near encounter with a Pit bulldog just up the road. he was coming after me when I was in the road from house across the way. Of course, I have no way to know if he'd have stopped and standed down barking or not or kept coming at me, I did not take a chance, I got in my truck which I'd kept my door close already, and hauled a$$. I yelled at the dog out my window and at the home the dog came from. I was very shook up.

DavidE

thanks David, I sort of expected you'd used some aftereffects processing. What type file do you edit with Silver Efex Pro, can you edit Tiff or DNG or only JPG? I may research that on my own also...
Doug, I use Silver Efex Pro as a plug-in within Lightroom, so Lightroom automatically takes care of any file conversion. It's my understanding that Adobe won't let plug-ins accept raw formats (such as DNG), so there's a format conversion involved in the background (to TIFF in this case) before the file is passed to the plug-in. Once Silver Efex Pro is done with the file, it returns as a TIFF rather than a DNG. The original file is still kept as a DNG.