The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Ruthless!

M8.2, 50 Lux asph:)
Fantastic, Steve. There is so much energy here...I think I am nervous of the pigeons just looking at the image! Hopefully nobody suffered on the back end of the photo and the M9 and you escaped any unforseen overhead deliveries :LOL:

seakayaker

. . . . . many fine photographs posted in the last couple of days!

Mike, enjoy your black and white shots and the photo of the river shot with the 35 cron is smashing!
Henry, nice black and white, interesting shot of the crucifiction with the celebrants off to the left and right, enjoy the shot. The second with the heart shape mirror and facial reflection is special, nicely done!
Jono, love the shot of the egg, garlic, and lemons, outstanding! . . . . . but the shot of flowers in the vase is my favorite, love the color against the black, the lighting with the shadows cast and what appears to be cat's eye marbles in the vase. For me both of these pictures were quite appealing to the eye.
Charles, thanks for the continuation of the Bali series. Love the monkey shot, tight focus on the face with soft bokeh and colors! . . . . . also the the black and white portrait with the 75 lux is very nice.
Photojazz, nice black and white shots, if the U of Tennessee is anything like the U of Washington then the construction cranes will soon be on site erecting buildings and expanding the campus. The Country Drive shot is fantastic! Love the sun burst coming through the trees, color, light, shade and shadows work well throughout this photograph.
Graham, beautiful shot! The 85/4 looks like it is a wonderful lens.
F 1,0, great shot of the white audi on the field, love the sharpness of the car and the soft bokeh background! . . . . . also the expresso cup shot, Pastoicceria Saint Honore shots were wonderful!
Ashwin, thanks for the continuation of the India Series, wonderful shots! Also love the B&W shots of your friends whose wedding you will be shooting, Great shots! I do hope to catch up with you some time and get a chance to do a walk about with the 'M's! . . . . . Paul Allen's EMP does look like it is from the future, and love your roller derby shots, looks like future skaters selling raffle tickets, nicely done.
Steve (NYC), love the winter foliage shot, nice soft color and bokeh! . . . . . . the other 'Steve' (Boston), may be right about not getting too excited about Spring to early. I remember Earl Wilson pitching for the sox in Fenway Park, mid 1960's, on Easter Sunday with snow flakes the size of quarters falling during a portion of the game. Just when you link it safe to take off the snow tires and break out the spring clothes . . . . .
Steve (Boston), great shots of Stella & Zues, looks like Natasket Beach(?). . . . . nice continuation of the China Town series, great color on the second shot. Steve your 'Ruthless' shot is fantastic, a great capture. You weren't out flying your pigeons where you?
Anthony, love the capture of the women with the clipboard and the soft bokeh blur covering the remaining portion of the meeting!
David Wonderful shot of the mannequins, just love the shot! The roller coaster B&W shot is also special, great work with the 18mm . . . . . Your shots of the interior lobbies are fantastic. Love the first one with the different shapes, the reflections in the floor, and just the depth of the photo, wonderful.
boymerang, what fun captures, I am sure these will surface for years to come at the appropriate moments, I hope he is not getting into politics any time soon.
Woody, I love bokeh shots, just a great shot!

Thanks everyone, very enjoyable . . . . . keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

seakayaker

P - Patch ~ Good Shepard Center

Shapes & Light ~ Good Shepard Center

Moss Bench ~ Good Shepard Center

M8.2 with Leica 24/3.8 Elmar

shtarka1

Duck!! No, it's a pigeon! :ROTFL:

Nice shot getting the birds in full flight!
:D Thanks Graham!
Fantastic, Steve. There is so much energy here...I think I am nervous of the pigeons just looking at the image! Hopefully nobody suffered on the back end of the photo and the M9 and you escaped any unforseen overhead deliveries :LOL:
No Shrapnel Taken Ash!:D Thanks!:)
. . . . . many fine photographs posted in the last couple of days!

Steve (Boston), great shots of Stella & Zues, looks like Natasket Beach(?). . . . . nice continuation of the China Town series, great color on the second shot. Steve your 'Ruthless' shot is fantastic, a great capture. You weren't out flying your pigeons where you?
[
Good Call on Nantasket Dan! Dan, my Svengali Pigeon Mind Control Is Finally At Its Peak! Thank You!:)

J

jkung

Hi guys Here is my first time for Leica M, this pic i increase ISO to MAX step.

seakayaker

Nice capture Sea Kayaker.

Isn't that near the udub law school?
The Sadako Sasaki statue at Peace Park is located at the end of the University Bridge, NW end. The stair case behind her lead down to the 'Wall of Death' structure under the bridge. The graffiti curve leads out of the U District and is across the street from Sadako Sasaki statue.

seakayaker

Good Call on Nantasket Dan! Dan, my Svengali Pigeon Mind Control Is Finally At Its Peak! Thank You!:)
. . . . . at first I thought of Revere Beach . . . . . but the two guys in the background on the bench looked familiar, I think they ran some of the amusement rides . . . . . that and the point in the background looked familiar where the road that runs along the beach ends at the point and drops down to connect to Jeruselem Road, one of my favorites for a scenic ride . . . . .

. . . . . and thank you for your kind words they are always appreciated.

sjg284

I hunker down indoors for a couple days (The Winter Strikes Back) and look at how productive everyone else was ;)..

Steve- An absolute classic. Was that a recent shot? I'll stop the self pity now that I see Boston still has such big snowbanks..
Boymerang - digging it, this is my fave of the set. Dare I ask.. is this a local tradition? :p
Seakayaker - liking this one. Interesting architecture. A house or a greenhouse?
jkung - Welcome to the club, and a strong first post :thumbup:
I think you'll fit right in.
Lovely shot, where was this?

seakayaker

Seakayaker - liking this one. Interesting architecture. A house or a greenhouse?
Steve it is a potting shed/greenhouse associated with the P-Patch at the Good Shepard Center in the Wallingford neighborhood in Seattle.

As an FYI: The P-Patch Community Gardening Program oversees 73 P-Patches distributed throughout the city, equaling approximately 23 acres and serving 2056 households. http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/ppatch/

The Emerald city has lots of private & community gardens. The P-Patches offer a wonderful variety of sustainable vegetable and flowers for young and old residents in the city. Most of the P-patches have a waiting list to get a small plot. Great places to visit to photograph and talk to lots of interesting people.