The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

CharlesK

David, thank you :)

Bill, very nice rendering in this shot!

David, excellent series again! I wish I could see the same way you do with the WA's.

Really like the modification :D Love the mood in this shot

David, very nice shot! Love that 24 Lux of yours!!!

Lloyd, love the textures and richness in these shots.

Steve, nice shot!

Fantastic!!!!
+1 :)

Doug, I really like this shot! Stark and it has tension.

Lloyd

Anxious to bounce this one off some of you guys. Does the horizon not being perfectly square add to or take away? To much fun with Silver Efex?

Nice b/w work, Doug. I have to admit, however, that I'm a habitual picture straightener. If things in your house aren't hung square, invite me over and they will be. (My wife has to stop me from straightening them in restaurants, etc. Crooked pix, and clothing tags sticking up just light up my OCB fires!). However, in images per se, for art sake, I usually don't mind, and even create them that way myself.... EXCEPT, when there's water in the shot. Then I'm looking for a bucket to catch what's going to spill out. I love your shot, and the stark, almost abstract look of it, but the crooked horizon, given the water, is like fingernails on a blackboard. Sorry man.

Photojazz

Lloyd, is no problem, I asked, you answered. I have my opinion as well though, in this particular instance, there is sort of a wedge thing going on and if it gets "to square", then part of the effect may be lost Art is in the eye of the beholder, what works for one, not for another, of course, in the end, I have creative control. I admit this was a fast process, heck, they were run and gun shots sort of, I'd just hiked down a sloppy hill to get to the river and leaning off a railing over river, I was not thinking first about leveling things.

Lloyd

Lloyd, is no problem, I asked, you answered. I have my opinion as well though, in this particular instance, there is sort of a wedge thing going on and if it gets "to square", then part of the effect may be lost Art is in the eye of the beholder, what works for one, not for another, of course, in the end, I have creative control. I admit this was a fast process, heck, they were run and gun shots sort of, I'd just hiked down a sloppy hill to get to the river and leaning off a railing over river, I was not thinking first about leveling things.
I know just what you mean. Hell, half the time, even when I'm trying to keep the horizon straight I miss the mark. Like I said, I usually don't mind, and even do it purposely myself on occasion. Don't let my Obsessive Compulsive quirks impact your choices!

This past weekend I taught a photography seminar at Bryce Canyon (my 15th year doing so), and we do a section on image orientation in general, and about horizon lines in particular. To my horror, I discovered the night before that one of the images I was using as an example (which happens to have a body of water featured prominently) was not actually straight. I ended up using it as a bad example, but it irked me so much that after the class I pulled the image into PS5 and straightened. :wtf:

Lloyd

Lloyd, love the textures and richness in these shots.
Thank you Charles. Much appreciated. I didn't comment earlier on them, being overwhelmed by all that's been going on around here, but do want to say that your moody surfing scenes are spectacular. :thumbup:

Photojazz

There are some really great shots here, I am not sure I can summarize all of them even! A few stand out to me, maybe. Steve nice sea shot. The road shot, the dock shot, the campus shot with the Cron, whoa! Lloyd, that first re-process, wow!

I don't know to much about it yet, just using pre-sets and a few sliders, any tips appreciated.

ashwinrao1

I've been away for a few days and WOW, what great shots have been posted here. I'm hopelessly behind, so I won't try to cover everything, but as always, the level of what's here is astounding... and inspiring.

I just got Sliver Efex Pro II, so I reprocessed a couple of old ones. So far, I'm pretty impressed with the improvements.

Lloyd, I am guilty of the same, having been away. Wonderful shot. All of these images, WOW, yours included. Silver Efex 2 looks sweet. I'll have to get it once my new computer arrives...oh so soon!

Ashwin