The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Anxious to bounce this one off some of you guys. Does the horizon not being perfectly square add to or take away? To much fun with Silver Efex?

I went to church today, but nobody was there. I can't understand why...

Over grained?

Admittedly, not much texture to this shot. ;)

Doug, I love these. They have a brooding feeling about them!

ashwinrao1

Outstanding, Doug! I feel like I'm in a noir movie from the 50's looking at these. Your images, coupled with silver efex 2, spin a magic tale...

ashwinrao1

A couple of randoms from the vault:

There's absolutely no reason for the present pairing of images, FYI...just random thoughts, scribbled onscreen...

Photojazz

Thanks Ashwin, it was a tough call on going BW on that one, as there was a spot of blue in the cloud reflection. I bought Silver Efex 2 today, got to wait on it to get here, I couldn't buy download as academic. Had to get hard copy, they should send my approval codes tomorrow for shipment. Til then I got demo anyway. :)

rsolti13

There's absolutely no reason for the present pairing of images, FYI...just random thoughts, scribbled onscreen...
Ashwin, where is that Rita's at? I thought they were only SE US. I like this photo. Very interesting group of characters. Some dressed up, some down...doing some exercise :confused: :)

Thanks for the comments all! Few additional

khc1013

sneak in real quick.
boymerang:The wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

a shot from last weekend. this shot's quality may not be up to standard. but i am so emotionally connected to it and loving the moment. the show was amazing.

Yann Tiersen @mpls2011 by khc1013, on Flickr

Lloyd

Ashwin, where is that Rita's at? I thought they were only SE US. I like this photo. Very interesting group of characters. Some dressed up, some down...doing some exercise :confused: :)

Thanks for the comments all! Few additional

Terrific work Ryan. What are you shooting here?

Lloyd

Delicious randomness, Ashwin.

sneak in real quick.

a shot from last weekend. this shot's quality may not be up to standard. but i am so emotionally connected to it and loving the moment. the show was amazing.

Love it. Thanks for sharing Anthony. :thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Thanks, everyone. Very nice of you all to comment. The Rita's shot, by the way, was taken in Phili. I actually was under the impression that it was a Phili Chain, and had no idea that it was also found down South!

Great images, everyone! Here's one from the M8 vault:

And a couple of other variations, from 2-3 years ago, in San Fran at the DeYoung Museum:

FInally, one in saturated color:

m_driscoll

A few shots from Oahu, Hawaii: Pali lookout and the Windward Shore. I believe I photoshopped out most of the vertical strip of blown pixels that showed up in Hawaii. Camera's taking a solo trip to NJ. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/19; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/19; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/4; -1/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

5. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/19; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks, everyone. Very nice of you all to comment. The Rita's shot, by the way, was taken in Phili. I actually was under the impression that it was a Phili Chain, and had no idea that it was also found down South!
Great images, everyone! Here's one from the M8 vault:
And a couple of other variations, from 2-3 years ago, in San Fran at the DeYoung Museum:
FInally, one in saturated color:
Ashwin: Saturated color fits the forms in the photo. Excellent!

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

sneak in real quick.

Anthony: I like it. The slightly faded color seems to suggest blur and movement; which is appropriate. The lighting highlights are great. Well captured moment. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt