The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Photojazz

signs of sludge on planet Earth.

thanks much Steve. You too Ryan. It was very dark looking that day after the rain, and in fact it started sprinkling a bit while out. I put my M9 under my sweatshirt! That made it quit.

I am quite taken by the reality of these images, the mood and tone is I think pretty much spot on with what I saw on the trails. That's pretty impressive for the M9 I think, capturing a place with such detail, in such dark and dank conditions, really says a lot about the camera's capability.

rsolti13

Thanks Lloyd & Steve :salute:

Steve, the artist shot is beautifully captured and timeless, well done!

Doug, that 3rd shot is very nice.

A few more SEP2 conversion. Worth the upgrade!

Joe

M9 35Lux ASPH

Joe, great set. I remember seeing #3 pre-SEP2....I like this version much better. All three shots look great!

m_driscoll

Sesame going old school with a 50 year old 50 Cron... and a lil Provia 100 treatment...
Couch Cleaning...
Jason: You take some excellent shots of those hounds! :thumbup:

Holy Crap! You sure that's not from a MFDB or something? Gorgeous!
Gorgeous shot. :thumbup:
Jason/Lloyd: Thank you, gentlemen!:D

Great shots everyone! :salute:
Loving SEP2 which I downloaded today.
Joe :)
Joe: Terrific B&W! Nice grouping of people.

The Artist...

M9, 90 Cron apo:)
Steve: Strong portrait; nicely framed; perfect pp! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

mjm6

There's been some amazing work in this thread over the last few weeks everyone...

Here's once I was playing with, using SEP2. Just playing around with the software a bit. I think I still make better B&W conversions in PS using channel mixer, etc., but I think there is great potential with the software (for me, at least).

m_driscoll

One from this weekend.

M8, 50 Cron. Silver Efex Pro 2
Lloyd: Great composition and tone. :thumbup: I remember when school reports were researching in the Encyclopedia Americana, Britannica (most erudite), World Book (best pictures), and Compton's and trying to write without blatant plagiarism. The books have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I'm also going to have to download the SEP 2 upgrade!

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

There's been some amazing work in this thread over the last few weeks everyone...
Here's once I was playing with, using SEP2. Just playing around with the software a bit. I think I still make better B&W conversions in PS using channel mixer, etc., but I think there is great potential with the software (for me, at least).
I don't know about PS, but, this is a very nice photo and conversion! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Celebrating The Golden Jubilee of the Independence of the State of Kuwait
M9 + Noctilux f/0.95

M9 + 24mm Summilux + ND10

Thank You :salute:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Great composition and tone. :thumbup: I remember when school reports were researching in the Encyclopedia Americana, Britannica (most erudite), World Book (best pictures), and Compton's and trying to write without blatant plagiarism. The books have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I'm also going to have to download the SEP 2 upgrade!

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Yes, I felt like I was shooting relics at an archeological site or something. Sad in a way. I got a set of Encyclopedia Britannica when I was a kid, and it was something I treasured. I'd sometimes just take down a volume at random, pick a page and start reading. We had them here in a box, and I asked my kids if they'd like them. They looked at my like I was from outer space or something. The Internet affords me the same opportunity, and more, but there is something about holding a book in your hands that will never be equalled.

Fantastic image! Love the mood in this shot. Nice and simple
Thank you Ryan. Much appreciated. In truth, I was in the lobby of a hotel in Park City, killing time while my wife was skiing. I thought it was a subject I could experiment on in SEP2.

Lloyd

Excellent conversion. I think I'm barely starting to scratch the surface with SEP2. I still have a few actions and presets I worked out that I prefer, but I also think there is great potential.