The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

More fun with the 24 lux.

David: I like these four. Stellar pp. I've been looking at the last two. The form of the ride and the fence is quite strong. The framing in the second photo pushes their relationship; but, I like the first photo that picks up what's beyond the fence, a slightly larger context. I think it actually brings out the forms better. The minimal detail outside the fence in the second photo is just enough to distract. IMHO, anyway. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks for the comments all. Lloyd, that was the 50 Lux II wide open. The sharpness on the little buds when seen at 100% are really unbelievable. And yes, spring time is starting down here in the South! :)
Few more. By the way...all shots are with the 50 Lux II wide open except #2...which is the ZM 18
Ryan: These are great! I especially like this one. Nice composition and textural feeling. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

More fun with the 18mm SE.
David: Magic WA!

Jason: Stunning image! :thumbup:

More fun shots with SEP2. The ubiquitous I Phone for photography. :p
Joe
M9 35Lux ASPH
Joe: Nicely captured! :salute: Why isn't he looking at the back of the iPhone?

some shots during lunch. and Doug...I was thinking of you when I clicked enter 3 times between pics
anybody around here like bokeh ???
Ryan: I like bokeh! I, also liked your other images. :thumbup:

Jason: Another stunning image. Very "film-like". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

CharlesK

Stunning images everyone! This thread moves so fast, it is impossible to catch, but ...

Lloyd, beautiful portrait! Love the expression :)
Otumay, excellent shot! Love the shot!!!
Ryan, stunning shots!
Joe, great street shots, everyone of them!
David, stunning wide angle shots! I love the composition and harmony :)
Doug, nice shots!
Jason, stunning B&W portrait. Great shots!
Ashwin, superb set of shots!

Some shots from Bangkok this afternoon, in Sukhumvit with the 75 Lux :)

35 Lux Asph II

Last edited:

Photojazz

Charles, good Bangkok work!

I have to admit sensory overload so much nice work on here.

Lloyd, your wife I presume? Very pretty. Great shot too...

the 24 Cron shots of the rides, wow!

Jason, the lighting was great for that shot of the girl on the basketball court.

Otumay,the dreamy quality of the waters is really nice.

Steve, thanx... did you post something this round?

I found the in and out focus of angled step down retaining wall interesting here... this was covered in the flood waters here last week. (5" of rain in day)

woodyspedden

Shots like that are easy with a beautiful model! :thumbup:

How's focusing that on an M8, Lloyd?
I don't know whether your wife was already wearing the dress or whether it was chosen just for the photo. In any event it absolutely compliments her hair and skin tones and the end result is just fabulous. Great job also for choosing a dark background for the shot. This is world class Lloyd. Also, I don't concur with Jason (although mightily respect his talents) about the fact that this type of shot is easy with such a beautiful model. I have seen way too many shots of the world class models and celebrity stars, shot by some of the worlds foremost photogs that frankly are not good. Give me Megan Fox or Scarlett Johannson and I can still show how to screw up the shoot! lol

Best

Woody

G

Geortech

Charles.
Excelent pictures from Bangkok , very story telling. Last one is my favorite. George