The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rsolti13

Steven - good work with the Lux. The 2nd shot shows the excellent rendering

Daniel - great work with the 50 Sonnar....great job nailing focus at f/2.8 when optimized the opposite way. Especially #1!

Jason - very nice work at the florist. Great colors

Charles - those 35 Lux shots are amazing! Especially #2 & #3

Luka.....just when we thought we got rid of you you found us :) Great shots! This thread is far more active than the 4 of us being the only posters on the other :)

D

denoir

Thanks guys :) Charles, Joe, Ryan.. long time no see :D

(I wrote a longer post with some more pictures, but it's waiting to be moderated)

kmallick

Great thread, and great photos guys. :)

I'm primarily a landscape photographer, but I've been experimenting lately with more graphically expressive shots with an emphasis on simplified forms, colors and textures captured in an urban environment. So my first post here isn't really representative of my usual stuff.
Luka, Those are some incredibly inspirational shots.

Steve Fines

Luka - great series. Those really stand out.

Everyone - this page of the thread is wonderful in that there aren't twenty copies of each photo in the replies. One can scroll through, see each photo once, and read the comments on it. Hope we can keep that up!

ashwinrao1

Great thread, and great photos guys. :)

I'm primarily a landscape photographer, but I've been experimenting lately with more graphically expressive shots with an emphasis on simplified forms, colors and textures captured in an urban environment. So my first post here isn't really representative of my usual stuff.

Mostly 90/2 Cron (pre-ASPH), as it's my newest lens, but there's a 35 Lux ASPH and a 75 Cron in there as well:

cheers
Luka
Luka, these are amazing. What an introduction to your photography...welcome. Hope you stick around and keep sharing...

SYGTAFOTO

Luka - great series. Those really stand out.

Everyone - this page of the thread is wonderful in that there aren't twenty copies of each photo in the replies. One can scroll through, see each photo once, and read the comments on it. Hope we can keep that up!
Well that hope lasted an hour! :LOL:
But I am loving Luka's contribution.

D

denoir

Thanks kmallick, Steve F, Ashwin, Scott and Steve! :)

Ashwin, that is pretty much experimental photography for me. I usually shoot traditional landscapes. I really enjoyed your Egypt series that you posted a while ago and it contributed to me not bringing a DSLR when I went there myself.

Lloyd

More magic Luka. Especially, to me, the last two.

BTW, I really enjoyed your website. Fun to review the images by the lens used.

D

denoir

Thanks Lloyd! :) The lens galleries are in chronological order so they also show a progression from DSLR AF lenses to manual focus lenses to finally rangefinder lenses.

Photojazz

Wow, those pyramid shots, great. Looks like it's migratory photographers today... Well, do we close down the threat at FM? LOL.

ornamental cherry tree in bloom. Best I can do with 90 cron at this subject. MFD knocks you down from close up photogrpahy, other than cropping.

Jerry_R

Mostly 90/2 Cron (pre-ASPH), as it's my newest lens, but there's a 35 Lux ASPH and a 75 Cron in there as well
Welcome Luka on the forum!
I did subscribe Fredmiranda M photos thread mostly due to your photos - since your trip to Egypt.

It is nice to see you posting here as well :)

Unfortunately there is one very distracting behaviour - people do repeat and repeat and repeat pictures in comments :(

CharlesK

Joe and Ryan ... thanks a lot !:)
Ceh, great shot!
Luka, superb series from Egypt!! Great to see you here :D
Doug, nice shots :)

Photojazz

Thanks Charles, didn't have much time, light or dryness today, rains again! But got out there and shot something anyway!

I hated to follow those pyramid shots though, wow.

Lloyd

Wow, those pyramid shots, great. Looks like it's migratory photographers today... Well, do we close down the threat at FM? LOL.

ornamental cherry tree in bloom. Best I can do with 90 cron at this subject. MFD knocks you down from close up photogrpahy, other than cropping.
Very nice Doug. Gorgeous bokeh with that 90 Cron.

sjg284

Great stuff in just the last 2 days!

ashwin - one of my faves ive seen in your whole series. great bw post process too. perfect framing, love the shapes and the human emotion
OttO - lovely shot, and you must be a proud father! again great bw post process. really nailed the focus and used the smooth bokeh well
rsolti13 - my fave from the set, a haunting photo .. very sharp & contrasty
Charles - Great portrait, lovely subject. Like the slight color tone imparted on the bw post process.. almost like a platinum print
Luka - love the set, but the colors in this one stand out to me the most
Luka - more good stuff, great color and light.. the water feels wide open in front of my eyes
Luka - welcome and youve been very active today!
Looks like a great trip, this is my fave from this last batch.
And ZM25 is a great piece of glass isn't it?

ashwinrao1

Thanks kmallick, Steve F, Ashwin, Scott and Steve! :)

Ashwin, that is pretty much experimental photography for me. I usually shoot traditional landscapes. I really enjoyed your Egypt series that you posted a while ago and it contributed to me not bringing a DSLR when I went there myself.

[/CENTER]

Holy smokes, Luka, these are amazing. I am so thrilled that my Egypt photos served as inspiration to trust the M9 for this type of work. And wow, you brought back some gems. Lovely images all around, and so crisp! I love your style!