The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rsolti13

Charles - excellent work with the 75 Lux. Is that first shot so clean b/c of great post processing or were you able to shoot at a lower aperture b/c of the f/1.4?

GMB - really like that 3rd shot with the car in the bushes. Great pp!

contribution for the day....

otumay

Peter, had the same surgery on both eyes a couple of years back. No problems till now. Hope you get well very soon.
Osman

Lloyd

I want to explain why you all haven't seen much of me lately. I developed a cataract in my right eye over the last couple of years, and my vision could no longer be completely corrected with glasses. Focusing a Leica became increasingly difficult.

Well, I had it fixed on Tuesday. I took this "selfie" with a Panny G1 and 20/1.7, just after surgery. But since I mostly hang out here, I thought I'd share here. One of my Leica friends said "Yikes, did you get the Noctilux option?"

Never fear, the "aperture" is back to normal now. My replacement lens is beautifully clear and sharp. I'll be doing some creative things with various glasses for about a month until things stabilize and I can get new glasses.

--Peter
("We can rebuild him. We have the technology.")
Glad to hear your recovery is progressing well.:clap::clap::clap: I hope it continues apace.

And, I appreciate the reminder of your signature line... I'm grateful we live in a time and place that allows us the option of the rebuild! Not that long ago we didn't, and so many still don't.

RF_Licks

Nice shots from this page, :thumbs:

Ashwin, nice set with the elephants. Like the B&W tones too!
Matt, you're spot on, its her beach! Like the expression captured!
Ryan, more beautiful scenes from GA, very nice!
d2mini, excellent set, love those B&W tones! Thanks for sharing.
Steve, is that your new 35Lux ASPH II? Nice!! Love how you captured the mood to this shot and the tree (living) right in the middle really juxtaposes with the location. Great story! :thumbup:
GMB, nice set, I like the abandoned car shot with the pump beside it.
Charles, I like feel and mood to the 2nd street shot. Nice work with the 75Lux!
Peter, get well soon!

-------
A few for the weekend, M9 35Lux ASPH except last one 90 Tele-E. 2nd shot is a repost of an earlier color version using SEP2.

Joe :)

Mike Woods

A few for the weekend, M9 35Lux ASPH except last one 90 Tele-E. 2nd shot is a repost of an earlier color version using SEP2.
Really like the first three Joe. Great feeling of being right amongst the throng. You're much braver than me :eek:

Big and Small, M8/50 'cron:

Regards

Mike

rsolti13

Joe - great set! My favorite is the last shot. Question - what is the frog pond that everyone is getting so excited for?

Mike - great eye to catch that one. Great framing. It almost looks like you shrunk the two olders and made the guy on the left into a giant :)

D

d2mini

A touching set! Thanks for showing.
A very powerful set. Thanks for sharing. The b/w is a great choice.
Amazing Set! My Mom Was A Survivor Of Auschwitz. Never Forget!
d2mini, very emotion filled shots!
Thank you, everyone! :)

GMB, love the old car. Great colors and composition and processing.
Charles, I love that first one. The light is awesome. A lot of depth in that shot.

RF_Licks

Really like the first three Joe. Great feeling of being right amongst the throng. You're much braver than me :eek:

Regards

Mike
Joe - great set! My favorite is the last shot. Question - what is the frog pond that everyone is getting so excited for?
Thanks Mike! Much appreciated.
I like your "big and small" composition and also your keen eye for juxtaposition. The 3rd element of the "miniatures" completes the picture for me :thumbup:

Thanks Ryan! The frog pond is a pond turned skating ring during Winter at Boston Common (one of the oldest park this side of the pond, I think) And of course, that shot is for Lloyd! :D

Lloyd

Nice shots from this page, :thumbs:

-------

Ok. Well, I'll compose myself and say that this is a marvelous set of images, and the b/w conversion is really first rate. Now, as far as the last one... that's just cruel and unusual punishment Joe! :cry::cry::cry: (Thanks for the taste of home, however. :thumbup:)

CharlesK

Steve, Lloyd, Ryan, Joe and d2mini .... thanks a lot :)

Peter, I do wish for you for a speedy recovery :)

Ryan, excellent series of shots! Great PP work. With the 75 Lux, I run at f/1.4 for night shots, and PP usually with ACR, as it is a lot better for low light work, as per Jaap notes. Usually I use C1 Pro for other work.

Joe, great street shots! I loving your style in your shots.

Mike, very nice shot!

A shot with 75 Lux at f/1.4, amidst the rain this morning.

A shot with 90 Cron at f/2.0 and M9

Last edited:

sjg284

Wow wow wow.
Busy week here!
A few that caught my eye as I browsed..

Lucca- Always a pleasure seeing your posts, this one really caught my eye. The crisp tones and contrast echoing the stoic guards stance.
Rizz - Great capture. The big earth and small human is the message for me.
GMB - Venice! Bella! And timely for me personally.. I will likely find myself in Venice in a few short weeks due to a change of plans. I was supposed to be in Tokyo....
Charles - Making me jealous with your fabulous weather, time and again.
rsolti - My wife's favorite dog, and a well captured moment.. looks happy to see you!
Henry - Great shadow / contrast play here..
Ashwin, a pleasure as always.. looks like you got up close and personal with the elephants, nice.
GMB - Love the balance of derelict car and derelict gas pump. Man vs nature and all that. Nature won.

ShiroKuro

This thread has been torture without being able to shoot .. amazing images ..anyway you guys helped ease the pain a bit .. Finally getiing my M8 back on monday after a long stay with Leica NJ ... can't wait :D... it's been like 4 months :wtf:
anyway here is one before she got sent off ....