The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Photojazz

nice work Steve.

Don, great shot, I am not sure we've had the pleasure... Doug here.

These 3 at same location, a favorite little waterwheel I've shot before with Nikon, today Leica 35mm Cron on M9/LR3/SEFII

Handheld water motion: ISO 80, f16, .3333 Sec exposure.

shtarka1

Don, So Vibrant But Not Overdone! Lovely,Dreamy Shot!

F1.0, Wow! Sharp! Nice DOF & Great Smile!:)

Doug, Love Number 1's Framing & Processing!
# 2 Has That 1800's Feel & # 3 Is Very Neat In its Flow & Contrast!
Nice Set & Thank You For The Comment!

CharlesK

Ashwin, Joe and Lloyd... Thanks guys :)
Steve, wow...great shots!!! All of them.... my favourite is #3 in the last set.
Mike very nice set! I love number #3.
Don, beatiful shot!
f1.0, cool shot.
Doug, excellent set of shots! Excellent feel to them :)

Photojazz

Thanks Charles, this is the complete water wheel house. Wish my house was in this area, several multi-million homes past this landmark water wheel house.

Lloyd

This was taken last month in Yosemite with the M9 and Elmarit 24mm. I've downloaded NIK HRD to play with and this was the result along with some other tweaks...

Very nice Don. I like the more subtle HDR treatment

M8 CV 2,5/35mm @ 2,5
Gorgeous image. Love the soft fall off of DOF.

Thanks Charles, this is the complete water wheel house. Wish my house was in this area, several multi-million homes past this landmark water wheel house.

Really nice series, Doug. This one just sparkles. I also really like the b/w just before this one.

Was outta town for a funeral. I'm getting that age where well... you start going to the funerals of aunts, uncles, parents.... Got a little sentimental. Sometimes it's the simple things with family that you'll cherish over time....

Photojazz

Thanks Lloyd! I wish I'd captured a bit more to the left of wheel house. But I struggle sometimes with my framelines still. Also, there is only like 4-5 feet to road, so I was trying to keep the scene natural as well. I was also trying to keep a bit of bench in forground.

Steve, thanks much. I really worked that window shot a lot in SEFII, I'm really a bit overwhelmed by the effect myself of blackening the edges, sepia toning the stone, giving it a bit of grain, and using control points to brighten the window frame partially, creating the dark shadowing at top. I feel it's my best BW processing so far, actually. I'm coming into my own with SEFII and I'm lovin it!.

henry, interesting set.

The dice motion is cool Jason. Jahtzee, not seen that one in a while. Sorry to hear of your family loss.

I left this one color to retain the interesting hues of the wheel: I like the shadowing, and greenery peeking through the back side as well. Shot seems to have nice balance and dynamic range.

shtarka1

Henry, Classic Moments With Wonderful Processing!

Jason, Unreal Set & PP! Sorry For Your Loss.

Doug, Very Nice Crop,Color & Shot!

Lloyd

M8 / 40mm Summicron
These are terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Was outta town for a funeral. I'm getting that age where well... you start going to the funerals of aunts, uncles, parents.... Got a little sentimental. Sometimes it's the simple things with family that you'll cherish over time....

Sorry for your loss, Jason.

You're right about the simple things, and these are terrific shots. Especially love that first one.

D

denoir

Doug, love the first tree shot (post #3122), great tonality. Jason cool dice shots.

A couple of shots from Lofoten, Norway: