The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rsolti13

Thanks for the comments all

Anthony - Excellent shots! Love the PP applied as well
Charles - did you follow her back for the Thai Massage? :)

More Elmarit-M shots....

9,999 out of 10,000 I'm not a fan of these....but I thought this one was appropriate :)

CharlesK

Steve, Ryan... thanks :) No, just the sign was in the right place!
Ryan, excellent shots! The third and fourth shot of your daughter are outstanding! Beautiful rendering in all the shots with the 90 Elmarit.

Lloyd

Charles: Nice shots... especially that last one. (I'm glad Ryan asked before I did! 'Cause I wondered. ;) )

Ryan: Nice work with the 90 Elmarit, especially those of your daughter. BTW, you might want to have the lens checked... I've had mine for some time now, and have never had that color-leak issue when shooting b/w.:D

D

denoir

Anthony, great use of the Nocti!

Charles, very skilful captures! That's not easy with a 90 Cron wide open.

Ryan, nice shots of your daughter, especially the one on the swing.

GMB

Luka.....AMAZING! You are making the rest of us look really bad right now
Agreed. This is a great series. The only small critique I would have is that on my screen some immages look a bit oversharpened. I assume that's due to downsizing.

D

denoir

Thanks guys!

Nice capture Joe! ;)

Agreed. This is a great series. The only small critique I would have is that on my screen some immages look a bit oversharpened. I assume that's due to downsizing.
You are absolutely right, they are oversharpened. I have been ignoring this issue too long. The thing is that my resize script is for 5DII images which are far softer on the pixel level than M9 images. I have just been lazy to do something about it. I've modified my script now.

Original:

New:

Only now after actually changing the script do I see the full extent of the damage. To really see it, open the two image in separate tabs in your browser and flip between them. Remarkable how much the sharpening destroyed the contrast.

A big thank you to you Georg for pointing it out and actually make me do something about it. :salute:

When I get some time I'll maybe reprocess all the Lofoten images I've posted, hiding my crimes against image quality :D

Is the 18/35/90 kit now your preference over the 18/35/75 ?
Yes. I never quite liked the 75 Cron for anything except portraits. The 75 Cron AA mops the floor with the 90 Cron (V3) pre-ASPH when it comes to optical performance, but I by far prefer the 90 Cron rendering. I have a 50 Summilux ASPH coming tomorrow - it will be interesting to see how I'll make use of it.

I should also probably get a viewfinder for my 25/2.8 Biogon as it's a very nice lens that I use too little (framing is difficult without a viewfinder).

Last edited: