The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ShiroKuro

From a few months ago out on Kaneohe Bay
M8 35 Summicron IV

M8 90 Elmarit 2/8

Thanks for the comments on the previous images ... difficult to keep up ... great images all around . The M9 really sings in the right hands ....
Here are a few in color I took on the way home for work .

Also wanted to comment on the 35 summaron ... perfect match on the M8, for those you have not tried this lens I highly recommend it .Perfect day time walking around lens and it really seems to be a match for the M8 sensor .. love the way looks .. not really a technical review ; ) . Thanks Ashwin for the suggesting this lens . Also the the 90 is really great ... These vintage lenses are amazing and can be had for very reasonable prices ... Any way the M9 fund gets depleted once again :)

Last edited:

CharlesK

The thread is moving very quickly! Amazing series of shots by everyone.

Lloyd, beautiful shots of your grand daughter:)
Joe, great street capture, particularly #2:thumbup:
Matt, very nice shots. What a great combo of lenses to have :)
Steve, amazing street portrait series!:thumbup:
Bill, really loving your series from India.
Dan, Seakayaker, very nice shots!
Dan, great shots!
Ashwin, stunning series with the cherry blossoms. Great stuff :thumbs:

Shots from this afternoon with the 28 Cron and M9. Thanks :)

seattlesteve

. . . . . John & Christine

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50/1.5
Dan - Very interesting rendering from that Nokton, I really like it.
Looks like another beautiful Spring day in Seattle. I actually miss it quite a bit. Eight more weeks before we're back home.

Steve

J

jkung

This set i call "Spring is coming". Take since last week from "Yi He Yuan (summer palace)" in beijing. M8.2 + 35/2 ASPH

shtarka1

First pics from my M8 from NWDork:
So Adorable! Nice Work!
A first for me, shooting a heavy/dark electronic music event. All with the 25/2.8 ZM Biogon wide open, a holga flash handheld and triggered wirelessly. The holga flash only has one setting and equates to f/8.0 at 1m So I stuffed some pec-pads inside it over the bulb, softens/weakens it a bit. There are some little coloured plastic filters you can rotate over the front of the flash to change the colour. Oh and camera of course the M9.
Dan, Crazy Cool! Love the Legs Shot!;)

shtarka1

Great shots all! :thumbs:

Lloyd, beautiful series with your granddaughter :thumbup:
Matt, didn't know your M9 was away at NJ. Hope its fine now? Love those 50Noct shots a few pages back. :thumbup:

-------
Busy lately and haven't posted for a while. Here's a few from this week.

Joe :)

M9 28Cron

Masterful Work Joe!

shtarka1

Mike, awesome shot !!

Joe amazing capture !!

Steve, excellent portrait
Thank You Mohammad!
Steve, Mohammad, really good stuff! Thanks for posting.
Bill
Much Appreciated Bill!
Steve,
you wouldn't happen to remember the model of that Honda motorcycle, would you? I looked on the Honda site and couldn't find it.

Lovely series BTW.
Thanks Carlos!
Thanks Dan:thumbup:
Steve, love all your shots, but numbers 1 & 9 are my favorites, the portrait of the man is fantastic, the focus on both the man and dog is spot on!
Much Obliged Dan!

shtarka1

Boy, this was a long time ago!

M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/125s @ f/4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Ahhh The Good Old Days! Nice One Buddy!
Looking in some windows in the Georgetown Neighborhood.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/1000s @ f/3.4; ISO 80

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/500s @ f/2.8; ISO 80

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Love these!
Trying to get a shot of my granddaughter putting together the wooden train. She caught me taking this first shot, and asked to see the picture. After that, she started posing, and moving around the room suggesting shots. She'd comment on each, and then try something new. Only two and a budding model/critic.

All with the M8, CV 15/4.5 combo:

This is the shot she busted me on.

Before this one she said, "Take a picture of me with the flower." Then reached back over her head and grabbed it.
Fortunately for me, the shot received her approval.
Talk About Melting Your Heart!:thumbs: