The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Woody: Great daffodils in the park.
Carlos: Awesomely dramatic sky.
Kevin: You get used to it (more compact then a D3). Nicely done "Learning Leicas..."
Mike: Good eye! An impossible grouping of elements; but, where's the clown?
mAlkhamis: Nice compositions and seamless panorama.
Dan: That was a quiet Sunday in Georgetown. I'd go down on a Sat.
Bill: Excellent lines and rhythm; strengthened by the horizontal crop.
Dan: I like the smiles you got in the first photo and the character of the first HDR.
leitztozeiss: Fun captures with nice color. Two totally different reactions to you photographing them.
Daniel: Terrific stuff. Stoney. I'm in love with the girl! And, ditto to what Ashwin said.
Ashwin: That's a lot of pictures to take in that hour of sun that we had! I haven't been on campus in a long time. The students, especially in the 1st and 3rd photos, are looking younger and younger. Nice work.
Shiro: The couple on the boat's a classic. Cool.
Charles: Thanks. Interesting landscape with the moss, rocks, and trees. I like the tension between the tree and the wet rock wall in the second.
jkung: Beautiful color. The second and last are my favorites.
Steve: Thank you, sir! Twice! I thought of you when i saw that coat. Lloyd and Dan's great responses were totally out of the blue. And, thrice!
Ceh: What a difference 7 minutes make! My initial perception of scale is thrown out by the second photo.
Baudolino: Stunning cow portrait and B & W pp.
Charles: The color,shadows and lighting in the two canyon shots give them a quietly pleasing character.
Bill: That building's familiar? I like the softness the haze imparts.
Joe: Thanks. I wasn't sure about that one.
Charles: Nice balance between the sky and the ground. All flowing off toward Brisbane (?).
Dan: I missed this. I, too, love the B & W version.
Ceh: Very unique, slightly disorienting, perspective. I'm at a loss as to what it is. Nicely lit and photographed, though.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

The classic view, at dawn. Yes, I know it's been done a million times - but not by me! (Until now!)

Bill...Gosh...Incredible!!!
Thanks Matt, Mohammed, Dan, Charles, Steve and everyone else. Much appreciated :salute:

Steve, Awesome street from the hood, my friend. Lots of love in that set!

Joe :)
Thanks My Brotha!
Joe, thanks alot :)
Bill, stunning shot!!! Love the haze/mist giving the pastel like appearance :)

A shot from yesterday with the 28 Cron and M9. Thanks:)

Scrumptious Shot Charles!!!

THE BIKE RACE ~ VOLUNTEER PARK

HDR B&W

HDR Color

M9 with Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 -- ISO 400 -- f8 -- 1/45

Dan, 2 shots that will head to the Top of My All-Time List Of Favorites!
AWESOME!!!:salute:

CharlesK

Matt, thanks for the kind words, and yes it is flowing towards to the northern end of the Gold Coast :)
Steve, thank a lots :)
Ceh, great angle to the shot! Very interesting perspective :)

Lloyd

Once again I'm amazed at how fast this thread moves at times. Away for a day, and a virtual explosion of wonderful images.

Baudolino: Beautiful animals, wonderfully captured.
Woody: Very nice shots in the park.
Doug: Nice "forces of nature" shot.
Joe: Very kewl series from the airport. Love the motion in that one.
Carlos: Love that dramatic sky!
Matt: Cool, through the window series. All about art, right? I mean pool is an art form too, isn't it?
Kevin: Glad you rejoined us. Wonderful shots.
Mike: Terrific shot... an interesting juxtaposition.
Mohammad: That shot at the lake is really beautiful. Love the dramatic sky.
leitztozeiss: Great family shots... the type that become more and more important to you as these little ones grow.
Daniel: Those are flat out terrific shots. Very creative stuff there.
Ashwin: Love those cherry blossom shots. Especially the two kids in the tree.
Shiro: Love that shot on the boat! Very nice series overall. That summaron is a lens I've always wanted to try.
Charles: Wow. Amazing work with the 28 and the 90. Love the wonderful, subtle capture of the light.
jkung: Beautiful shots from "the summer palace".
CEH: Those moody shots in the mountains with the Nocti are terrific! Also love the vanishing point shot with the amazing light. Was that taken looking up?
Bill: The shot of the Taj Mahal ranks up there with the best. Wonderful series from India!
Dan (seakayaker): Loving your processing, and your shooting! These bike race shots are incredible!!!

I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, please know I liked what you posted... amazing work going on in this thread!!

Lloyd

Lloyd

...M9 sensor gives the same result (dynamic range)...
I see it
in extreme conditions - my photos mountains..
Thank you. That is very interesting, and good to know. I've been tempted by the S2, but I love the M so much, I'd never give it up, and I can't afford duplicate systems.

And that is an AMAZING image!:salute:

Mike Woods

It really is very difficult to keep up with this thread (must try harder:toocool:)

A couple from yesterday, doing what I love best. However, standing outside Ann Summers (for those of you who know this outlet) with a camera is not a recommended pastime :D

All with M8 and 35mm Cron.

Regards

Mike

mAlKhamis

Bill: Amazing shot for the Taj Mahal !! love your angle of view and perfect reflection.
Charles: Beautifully exposed scene
Dan: Love your artistic work, it's so inspiring, and motions and the HDR, so creative !!!
Ceh: amazing prospective !!
Mike: Loved your street shots, well composed !!

Matt and Lloyd thank you for the kind words, so glad that you liked it :)

woodyspedden

Thank you. That is very interesting, and good to know. I've been tempted by the S2, but I love the M so much, I'd never give it up, and I can't afford duplicate systems.

And that is an AMAZING image!:salute:
Lloyd

I have had both the M9 and an array of lenses and now the S2 with three of four lenses and the 120macro which hopefully will arrive at my dealers soon. I loved the M9 and sold it only because my eyes are no longer good enough for the manual focus. I had the 24 lux, 35 lux (last version), 50 lux pre-asph, 75 lux and the 135 Apo telyt. Couldn't ask for a better kit.

However, having said that in my opinion the S2 has greater DR, smoother tonal transitions, and the lenses are even better than their M counterparts. So I took the hit in terms of size and weight, which I loved with the M9, and added the additional performance of the S system. Would I go backwards to the M now? No but I wish I were rich enough to afford both.

So I am going to try the K5 in order to gain much better high ISO performance, and give me more at the long end without spending $10K for a lens like the Zeiss 350 SA or the upcoming S2 300mm. I'll see if that system is a good fit for me to add to what the S2 (and most other MF) are weak in doing.

But I respect CEH opinions and certainly his work speaks volumes as to his photographic capabilities. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Perhaps this adds something to your knowledge base

cheers
Woody

shtarka1

It really is very difficult to keep up with this thread (must try harder:toocool:)

A couple from yesterday, doing what I love best. However, standing outside Ann Summers (for those of you who know this outlet) with a camera is not a recommended pastime :D

All with M8 and 35mm Cron.

Regards

Mike
Mike, Your Rockin It Big Time! Love Your Street!!!:salute:

shtarka1

"What Are You Drinking?"

It was 9 am & Ed Had A "Listerine" Mouth Wash Bottle Camouflaging His Beer. He Asked Me If I "Wanted A Hit"...