The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Matt, thank you, and all others who said nice things about the Taj. Truth is, the monument (tomb) should actually get the credit.

Dan, love your UW tower series, brings back very fond memories for me. I used to spend a lot of time in Seattle in the '70s and among other places, used to visit the top floor of what was then the Safeco (still is?) building in the university district. And one of your pics shows the marina where a friend would take me on his boat as part of the Xmas parade. Does it still take place?

They are superbly processed shots. Thank you.

Bill

RF_Licks

Joe - Your new 50 lux is so sharp that my eyes are already bleeding :)
shtarka1 - Thanks for the comment! It was really a lucky shot, helped by zone focus. Also, I hope I run into either you or Joe some time.
Bluebook, thanks, much appreciated! I knew it was a familiar scene you posted earlier. Nice shots. You, Steve and I got to meet up sometime for a shoot. We live in such a small town :)

Steve, another wonderful set! Looks like you're enjoying the 35Lux? #3 is excellent! Well framed! .. and try not to bring out our Boston embarrassment (2-9)?

CharlesK

Dan, thank you:) Very nice series of shots!
Matt, love the artistic shots of the camellia's :)
Joe, congrats on the new 50 Lux Asph :D Very nice shots.
Lloyd, really nice shots! Great play of light and shadows :)
Steve, seriously, excellent series of street shots :thumbup: Great PP too.

m_driscoll

Matt, I Knew We were On The Same Page!;) Thanks Bud!
Creative,Striking Shots & PP Matt!
Steve: Thank you, my man! :D

Steve and Matt, thank you so much, so glad that you liked it !! ...
Matt, Loved your last shot of the metal rose, the bokeh is just perfect !!
mAlKhamis: Thank you! :D

Matt: Love the flora set. Wonderful bokeh in there too.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D

Matt, I recently picked up a copy of the NIK Complete Collection for Aperature or Lightroom at the University bookstore. The package includes all of Nik Software’s software titles: Dfine® 2.0, Viveza® 2, HDR Efex Pro™, Color Efex Pro™ 3.0, Silver Efex Pro™ 2, and Sharpener Pro™ 3.0.

I looked at the price of just picking up the Silver Efex Pro and paying a bit more for the whole package became appealing at the moment. (GAS)

Lots to learn, just need time and patience . . . . .

BTW, we are both Wallingford neighbors, my house did not make it in this particular picture, half block out of the frame to the north! I'll have to do a drive by and get a close up of the clump of trees, sort of like a satellite shot . . . . .
I frequently stop by the book store, Open Books, on 45th, which is kitty corner to the Erotic Bakery. Last week attended a reading by Bill O'Daly.

M9 with Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8
Its a small world!
Dan: It is a small world! Nice photo of the reading. Excellent B & W. Oddly enough, my wife went to High School with John Marshall. Nik's great software. I use (mis-use?) all of their plugins in LR3 and CS5.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Huge congrats, Joe. [insert green-with-envy-face here]. Beautiful b/w too.
Another beauty. (BTW, my wife, along with 25,000 of her closest friends, as supposed to getting up a "Heartbreak" in your town next Monday. Sadly, she's injured, so she won't be there.)
Joe, both Excellent comps & PP with the new lenses! Your building up quite an arsenal! Enjoy & Congrats!
Joe: +3!! Really nice B & W! :thumbup:
Lloyd: Sorry to hear about your wife! Hope it's not too serious.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Nice shot Dude, Love the Blues!
Dude: +1! Very nice. :thumbup:

I got an M-mount version of the CV 15/4.5 a couple of weeks ago, and it literally hasn't been off my camera since I got it. I have the LTM version, which is a great lens, but I'm really enjoying this one.

Just playing around here with the light through the blinds. Both with the M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide combo.

Lloyd: Cool shots. :cool: I've been eyeballing those CV wides. These look great. Do you use a viewfinder?

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Back to Seattle's Georgetown Neighborhood.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/3000s @ f/3.4; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/750s @ f/3.4; ISO 80

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 80

4. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/4.8; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

seakayaker

Lloyd, a couple of beautiful photographs with the light through the blinds, the first one is my favorite, it's simple, pretty and pleasing to the eye, love it!

Steve, the Triumph chopper is cool! Don't know how long I could ride on that seat but it is a sweet looking city street bike! Wonderful street shots as well, my favorites are 5, Jobs,Genius,Usher..., and 6, Sharp Dressed Man...

Matt, strong work down in Georgetown, nice to see you working the railroad yards, love the trains with the graffiti! I did end up riding down to Georgetown last Sunday, found the store with the Red Sox jacket but they were closed. Don't think I would want it but did want to see it first hand.

seakayaker

Matt, thank you, and all others who said nice things about the Taj. Truth is, the monument (tomb) should actually get the credit.

Dan, love your UW tower series, brings back very fond memories for me. I used to spend a lot of time in Seattle in the '70s and among other places, used to visit the top floor of what was then the Safeco (still is?) building in the university district. And one of your pics shows the marina where a friend would take me on his boat as part of the Xmas parade. Does it still take place?

They are superbly processed shots. Thank you.

Bill
Bill, thanks for you kind words.

The Safeco Insurance company was bought out and their building is now occupied by the University of Washington. Yes, the annual Christmas boat parades still continues throughout December. I was fortunate to rent a floating home on Portage bay in 1997 for the year and it was quite a treat having the Christmas carolers arrive in Portage bay via boat and entertain people in the houses and boats that joined the parade.

. . . . . looking forward to more photographs from your visit to India!

seakayaker

Both shots taken from the 22nd floor of the University of Washington tower.

Two Bridges

Portage Bay

M9 with the Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50mm f1.5

Mike Woods

Mike: Love the street shots in general, but that mannequin cracks me up!
Thanks Lloyd - always love to bring a little humour.

I got an M-mount version of the CV 15/4.5 a couple of weeks ago, and it literally hasn't been off my camera since I got it. I have the LTM version, which is a great lens, but I'm really enjoying this one.

Just playing around here with the light through the blinds. Both with the M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide combo.

Really like both of these - very subtle and lovely lighting.

M9, 35 Lux asph, M8.2, 90 Cron asph:)
Another great series Steve, but that last one does it for me. Great processing - what are you using?

Regards

Mike

shtarka1

Bluebook, thanks, much appreciated! I knew it was a familiar scene you posted earlier. Nice shots. You, Steve and I got to meet up sometime for a shoot. We live in such a small town :)

Steve, another wonderful set! Looks like you're enjoying the 35Lux? #3 is excellent! Well framed! .. and try not to bring out our Boston embarrassment (2-9)?
Yea Joe, the 35 Lux is Becoming a Favorite! The 3 of us should definitely get together & get "Ugly" on the Streets of Boston!:D Thanks a lot Joe!:)
[
Steve, seriously, excellent series of street shots :thumbup: Great PP too.
Thanks Charles!
Another great series Steve, but that last one does it for me. Great processing - what are you using?

Regards

Mike
Thanks Very Much Mike! I have SEP 2, but mostly using the first version.:)
Steve, the Triumph chopper is cool! Don't know how long I could ride on that seat but it is a sweet looking city street bike! Wonderful street shots as well, my favorites are 5, Jobs,Genius,Usher..., and 6, Sharp Dressed Man...
Dan, you should see the seat on my Fuji Bicycle! That thing will kill your "Tuchas" at about 40-50 miles!:D Thanks!:)
Steve: These are excellent "street". The pp is crisp with great contrast. I love these compositions. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Thank You My Friend!

shtarka1

Back to Seattle's Georgetown Neighborhood.

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/750s @ f/3.4; ISO 80

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

Nice Contrast,Color,Comps & Crops! Did I Say "Crops"? I Didn't Mean To Say "Crops"!:D:ROTFL:;)
Both shots taken from the 22nd floor of the University of Washington tower.

Two Bridges

Portage Bay

M9 with the Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50mm f1.5

DOF,Contrast & View...Breathtaking!

Lloyd

Lloyd, really nice shots! Great play of light and shadows :)
Thank you Charles.

Lloyd: Sorry to hear about your wife! Hope it's not too serious.

Cheers, Matt.

Lloyd: Cool shots. :cool: I've been eyeballing those CV wides. These look great. Do you use a viewfinder?

Cheers, Matt.

My wife is lamenting not being able to run the Boston Marathon, of course, and her recovery is slow, but she'll be back running soon. Just some overuse issues.

I do use the viewfinder most of the time. However, ironically enough I haven't used it even once since I got the M-mount version. Not because it wouldn't help, as it does help for framing, just out of laziness.