The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

Masterful Work With The Arsenal Of Leica Glass Ash!

++1!

Love your series with the MS Optics 35mm Triplet Perar!

Spot on with the focus of the little girl! Also love the OOF areas in this and the black & white photo prior to this shot!

BTW, would love to catch up with you, Matt and Peter some day when the weather is warmer . . . . .

seakayaker

Or these 2? Cropped or uncropped pups

Cropped
FWIW, my vote is for the cropped version. I find the focus (attention) on the boy and pups much more interesting. It is visually pleasing to my eye without the boats and water in the background splitting the attention in the picture.

seakayaker

Okay, last one...which one do you like best....

Ultracropped

Cropped?

Or Uncropped?
. . . . . with this one I would vote for the un-cropped, it tells a story, at least for me, as to why all these men are sitting on a stoop when they look like they come from various lifestyles reflected in their manner of dress.

Every picture tells a story . . . . .

. . . . . at least Rod Stewart thought so :D

seakayaker

Beautiful shots, Ingo. I especially love this rusted out car. Great first post. Looking forward to more. Welcome to the forum.
++1!

Welcome!

The rusted car was wonderful but my favorite one is . . . . . .

. . . . . . continuous rain in Seattle, at least that's how it is starting to feel, and the shot of the blue sky, sunshine and beach was Outstanding! A welcome relief!

dude163

I went for a walk in the 3C weather with a pal, it was nice to get outside for once after the winter, and I took some shots of the war memorial in the local civic park

I was all excited t process these as i thought they would come out nice, but doing the PP actually bummed me out a bit
this monument had so many names on it and that was just the names from our small city of 70,000 people :(

this is a crop of another shot I took of it, processed in Color efex pro

Lloyd

I went for a walk in the 3C weather with a pal, it was nice to get outside for once after the winter, and I took some shots of the war memorial in the local civic park

I was all excited t process these as i thought they would come out nice, but doing the PP actually bummed me out a bit
this monument had so many names on it and that was just the names from our small city of 70,000 people :(

this is a crop of another shot I took of it, processed in Color efex pro
Nice shots Robert. That is a sobering thought. Thanks for sharing.

seakayaker

Very nice Dan. Tells an entirely different story of the Market.

Thanks Lloyd, the market is a different place at night. Some folks coming and going from the different restaurants in the area, a few people (tourists) roaming around, the cleaning crew which gets the market all scrubbed and ready for the next day, and then the full time street people.

Anyway the color version . . . . .

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50mm f1.5

seakayaker

I do agree with you, that is the reason I went with the Black and White version first.

Still playing with the Nik software, miles to go before I sleep . . . . .

m_driscoll

Dan: Thanks! :D It is a good looking coat.
Steve: Thanks. :D I didn't hear you say "crops", did I?
Dude: Color Efex Pro is great software. Really cool photo. Brilliant color.
bluebook: Thank you! :D
Lloyd: Good to hear that it's not too serious. When I had the 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss, I never got used to the viewfinder.
Lloyd: The f/1.0 is a great tool for abstracting.
Joe: Thanks. I am having fun.
mAlKhamis: Thank you, sir.
Mike: Excellent! I love the last one with the lone flower on the wire fence.
Ceh: Nicely done. Dan's comments brought me back to the photo.
Ingo: Beautiful photos of Mallorca. I esp. like one with the the rocky coastline
Gero: Impressive museum and images!
Ashwin: Excellent photos. I don't remember ever seeing that many people out photographing on campus when I was there. Of course, that was pre-digital.
Ashwin: Thanks, buddy.Nice seeing you today. Let's get together and do it.
Ashwin: Don't remember these photos. The last one with the barbed wire's a really strong image.
Ashwin: Your vault is a wonderful place. "Securing the Beast" and "Counseling Session" are my favs.
Charles: Thanks!
Charles: Superb night shots. I'm glad you toughed it out; so, you could share with us.
Ceh: Great movement and lines. The partial face really works.
Charles: Thanks, again.
Jason: Congratulations. Wishing you, your wife and "nugget", the best.
Lloyd/Steve/Dan: Thank, you, gentlemen!
Dan: Really cool B & W distillation of the signs. I'm contrary, though: I like the color better. It's still abstract, but livelier.
Dude: Nice pp. I esp. like the second. WW I or II? Canada did it's share in both.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

CharlesK

Dan and Matt ... thanks guys :) Matt, yes it was tough evening doing the street shot!
Dan, very nice night shot! I do prefer the colour version :)
Matt, great shots! I love the Nocti rendering!!

Shots this afternoon, from Fingal Heads, in NSW, as Autumn is in full swing and the weather is cooling. All shots are with the 28 Cron, except #4 which with the 75 Lux. Thanks :)

dude163

Weather is cooling :) I see someone wearing shorts !

nice shots

re: Monument, I think its WW1 because of the uniform

Lloyd

Shots this afternoon, from Fingal Heads, in NSW, as Autumn is in full swing and the weather is cooling. All shots are with the 28 Cron, except #4 which with the 75 Lux. Thanks :)

Another nice set Charles. Very moody skies. Those columns (Basalt?) are amazing! Weather cooling, eh? Well, get out there and capture some more of those beautiful Gold Coast women, before the cool weather covers up too much. :D

gero

++1!

Gero, enjoyed your shots from the Mexico City museum!

Look forward to seeing more of your photography in the days to come.
thank you Dan, It was nice to see my favorite mexican painter (Hermenejildo Bustos) side by side with El Greco (another of my all time favorites). Eventhough one is from the 1600's and the other from the early 1800's.

shtarka1

++1!

Matt, some beautiful shots from the Market!

. . . . . something from the other night.

Thanks Lloyd, the market is a different place at night. Some folks coming and going from the different restaurants in the area, a few people (tourists) roaming around, the cleaning crew which gets the market all scrubbed and ready for the next day, and then the full time street people.

Anyway the color version . . . . .

Dan, your making it difficult for me to choose here! Love the deep blacks in the first & simmering hot color in the 2nd! Both perfect comps! Im calling a "Split Decision"! Both Terrific!:thumbs: