The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

fotoingo, nice shots! I do really like #1 and 4 :)

Shot in line with our oncoming winter from yesterday, with the 28 Cron and M9. Thanks :)
This b/w is certainly suggesting of coming weather. Very moody and brooding. How cold does your winter typically get?

m_driscoll

Dan and Matt ... thanks guys :) Matt, yes it was tough evening doing the street shot!...
Matt, great shots! I love the Nocti rendering!!

Shots this afternoon, from Fingal Heads, in NSW, as Autumn is in full swing and the weather is cooling. All shots are with the 28 Cron, except #4 which with the 75 Lux. Thanks :)

Charles: Thanks! :D Also, thanks again for suffering though that evening. :)
Columnar basalt like the "Giant's Causeway" in Northern Ireland and in some areas of Eastern Washington State. Geology gets around. You can feel the weather in the tone of these. Excellent photos. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Magnificent,Stealthy Street On The First & Excellent Com,IQ & Shot On The 2nd Matt!
Steve: Thank you! :D

Matt, it was great to see you yesterday. Great images as usual, I love the unusual subject matter here and how you are using the f/1 to its strengths!
Let's catch up again soon!
Ashwin: Thanks. :D Marleigh sends her thanks too! :thumbup:

Ok, it was a good day :D A few with the M8 and 50 cron:

Regards
Mike
Mike: Nicely seen as usual. You capture some very funny moments and juxtapositions. The little girl's body position and expression tells it all. Is she mimicking something she's seen, or, is that just a classic stance that she's arrived at on her own? The butterfly and the two on the bench are too funny. :thumbup: :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Add my vote on both counts. :thumbs:
Lloyd: Thanks! :D

fotoingo, nice shots! I do really like #1 and 4 :)
A really great set of images, Ingo. Wonderful color, interesting subjects, and all around very, very nice images. Thanks for sharing.
fotoingo: +3! I like them, too. :thumbup:

Shot in line with our oncoming winter from yesterday, with the 28 Cron and M9. Thanks :)
Charles: Your posts from the Southern Hemisphere bring a nice symmetry to this thread. This is a great composition. Everything is superbly balanced. some subtlety too: the girl's discovered something, and the person off in the distance enhances the scale. Very nice.

Seattle Monorail Arrival

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50/1.5

Dan: Really nice angle, and, slightly grainy pp. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

CharlesK

Lloyd, Matt thanks, your comments are really appreciated :) Lloyd, our winters are not that cold. Typical mid winters of 14 -16 degC max, with mins about 5 -10 degC but it really the wind chill and the dramatic change in lighting :) In many ways it great for shots, as it adds to the mood.

Dan Very nice shots, with the interesting angle and POV !

Ashwin, awesome set of revisited shots! Love the shot of the old man in the doorway, woman in orange in a sea of turquoise green chairs and the framing of the woman as the keeper of the bell. Great stuff :thumbup:

Last edited:

RF_Licks

Matt, am still enjoying your shots with the 50Noct! Keep sharing!
Charles, those 28Cron shots are beautiful! The pp is fantastic!
Mike, nice street work with the 50Cron!
Dan, another fine shot with the CV 50/1.5 Nokton!

Joe :)

Mike Woods

Mike, nice shots! I do like the PP on #1:)
Wow, Mike! What a terrific set. I agree with Charles, I love the processing on #1, and what great catches, each and every one. The makings of a book here. :thumbup:
Mike, 3 Winning Street Shots! Great Timing On The Wings In # 2!:D
Mike, the whole series here is awesome. Spectacular, and the comedy tickles me again. I love it! Forces me to look closely with every shot of yours. Thanks for sharing!
Mike: Nicely seen as usual. You capture some very funny moments and juxtapositions. The little girl's body position and expression tells it all. Is she mimicking something she's seen, or, is that just a classic stance that she's arrived at on her own? The butterfly and the two on the bench are too funny. :thumbup: :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt.

Mike, nice street work with the 50Cron!Joe :)
Guys, thank you all for your very kind comments. Really glad you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed making :)

Regards

Mike

DavidE

Charles: Excellent shoreline photos (as usual). You have a great eye for composition and detail.

Mike: Great set. The photo with the little girl and cup is my favorite of the bunch.

Fotoingo: Wonderful shots from Mallorca. The shot from the cathedral is stunning.

Dan: Love the b&w Public Market Center photo. The high-contrast processing gives it a heightened nighttime feel.

Matt: Love the color shot of the flowers. Outstanding use of the Noctilux. Wonderfully dreamy. Missed the b&w version. Will go back through the earlier pages to find it.

Ashwin: More amazing shots from India. I especially like the shot of the old man entering the doorway.

Ceh: Wonderful shots (as always). I particularly like the last one with the kid on the scooter. The arrangement of the people in that one is very cool.